The County Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Teen Talk > Beneath the Surface 2013 Teen titles?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Telesa (last edited Jun 06, 2013 10:16AM) (new)

Telesa | 4 comments Hey everyone-- I'm sure there is some kind of official reading list of teen books that fit this year's summer reading theme Beneath the Surface but I thought it might be fun to come up with our own suggestions too.

SO, I pose the question:

What teen books come to mind when you think of "Beneath the Surface"?

One of my favorites, The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien works - One of the best scenes from the story is when Bilbo meets Golem for the first time--underground in a creepy cave.

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria (maria_nay) | 6 comments Of Poseidon Come to mind - Beneath the Surface of the ocean.

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie | 2 comments I was thinking that Dark Life Dark Life (Dark Life, #1) by Kat Falls by Kat Falls certainly fits the category.

What about one of my favorites: Journey to the Center of the Earth? Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne

message 4: by Sheep (new)

Sheep AreAwesome (piepalaceco-owner) | 1 comments I think City Of Ember would work. They live underground, plus there is a lot of "beneath the surface" (mysterious, not known to the public) stuff going on.

message 5: by Beka (new)

Beka | 1 comments Gregor the Overlander and The Neptune Project. Technically these are Juvenile Fiction but I enjoyed them as an adult and teens may as well.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.