Kannapolis Paranormal Booksuckers discussion

General > What are your favorite paranormal series?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (chey1) | 652 comments Mod
Ok, tough question time. What are your favorite paranormal series? You do not have to limit it to one (because I could not). What are your go to series, the ones you always recommend, the ones you reread, or that you have to buy immediately even though you could wait and get it at the library?

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 62 comments There are so many that I can't remember all of them at this time but here are some:

Jeaniene Frost- Night Huntress Series
Ilona Andrews- Kate Daniels Series
J.R. Ward- Black Dagger Brotherhood Series
Chloe Neill- Chicagoland Vampires
Laurell K. Hamilton- Anita Blake Vampire Hunter

I also like the series by Kate MacAlister and also Michele Bardsley's book series.

This is just to name a few. LOL

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson. Nalini Singhs Guild Hunters and Psy/Changeling as well

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 62 comments Yeah. See. I love Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series too. Told you I'd forget some good ones.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jennifer Estep-all of her series. Gini Koch.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jim Butcher

message 7: by Erik (new)

Erik | 97 comments "Jim Butcher" Heh. The Dresden Files may be my all-time favorite series. I think I finished up my fourth or fifth reread in four years last week.

Although I'm starting to wish Kim Harrison would just hurry up and finish The Hallows, that's my other multiple reread one.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Molly Harper always makes me happy.

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 62 comments You can always get a laugh or two out of Gini Koch.

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Shelly Laurenston always makes me giggle

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary Wenner | 6 comments Kim Harrison is my favorite, I always have to buy those when they come out. A new one I like is Jennifer Harlow's F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad books.

message 12: by Jessica (new)

I haven't read Harlow yet. I need to give her a shot.
I love Kristin Cashore. I think her books are fascinating and I like her writing style.

message 13: by Peaches (new)

Peaches (PrincessPeaches) | 94 comments Jennifer Estep. All of them. Bigtime is my favorite favorite of hers though

Katie MacAlister's Aisling Grey series

Patricia Briggs Mercy series

Karen Monings Fever series (I need to put Iced hold!)

Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Peaches wrote: "Jennifer Estep. All of them. Bigtime is my favorite favorite of hers though

Katie MacAlister's Aisling Grey series

Patricia Briggs Mercy series

Karen Monings Fever series (I need to put Iced h..."

I like Iced but it was also a little creepy. In the next book she needs to age the main character to alievate the ick factor.

message 15: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter
Charlie Davidson series by Darynda Jones
Alex Craft series by Kaylana Price
Kara Gillian Series by Diana Rowland

message 16: by Jessica (new)

JoAnne wrote: "Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter
Charlie Davidson series by Darynda Jones
Alex Craft series by Kaylana Price
Kara Gillian Series by Diana Rowland"

Do you ever go to ConCarolinas? Both Faith Hunter and Kaylana Price attend every year and they are so nice! I got a FIB shirt this past year.

message 17: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (Supernaturalbookworm) | 1 comments Jeaniene Frost- Night Huntress Series including the Vlad night prince novels
Chloe Neill- Chicagoland Vampires
Kismet knight vampire psychologist - Lynda hilburn

message 18: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne Mary wrote: "Kim Harrison is my favorite, I always have to buy those when they come out. A new one I like is Jennifer Harlow's F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad books."

I read the first one of these and liked it!!

message 19: by Jessica (new)

I need to read F.R.E.A.K.S. I've heard good things.

message 20: by Debbie (last edited Mar 23, 2014 11:13AM) (new)

Debbie | 62 comments I read Jennifer Harlow's F.R.E.A.K.S Squad book and really enjoyed it too. I'm waiting for the library to order the second one in this series To Catch A Vampire (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2) by Jennifer Harlow . Hint, Hint, Jessica and Christy.

message 21: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne Debbie wrote: "I read Jennifer Harlow's F.R.E.A.K.S Squad book and really enjoyed it too. I'm waiting for the library to order the second one in this seriesTo Catch A Vampire (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2) by Jennifer Harlow. Hint, Hint, J..."

GIANT SIZED LIKE!!!

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Debbie wrote: "I read Jennifer Harlow's F.R.E.A.K.S Squad book and really enjoyed it too. I'm waiting for the library to order the second one in this seriesTo Catch A Vampire (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2) by Jennifer Harlow. Hint, Hint, J..."

I took the hint and filled out a request form for you. On the online system there is also a little tab at the top of the scren that says request this book so if you are searching the catalog and cannot find an item you can request we purchase a book. Easy as pie :)

message 23: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 62 comments Thanks Jessica! You're the best!

message 24: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne Jessica wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I read Jennifer Harlow's F.R.E.A.K.S Squad book and really enjoyed it too. I'm waiting for the library to order the second one in this seriesTo Catch A Vampire (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2) by Jennifer Harlow...."

Yay!!!