THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Author profile

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan (last edited Jun 06, 2013 08:40AM) (new)

Jan (janmerry) | 7 comments I've joined this group but can't find a way to make a Goodreads author profile. Any suggestions?

message 2: by Paula (last edited Jun 06, 2013 08:53AM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 332 comments Your book needs to be added in the first place. Once your book(s) are added you can claim the profile.

Do you have books on here already?

Edit: If your book is Place of many birds, then you can use the link below to claim your author profile

http://www.goodreads.com/author/confi...

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan (janmerry) | 7 comments Thank you Paula. I think I'm now on the right track having followed your instructions.

message 4: by Edward (new)

Edward Wolfe (edwardmwolfe) Do we have non-author profiles?

message 5: by Harper (new)

Harper Sloan (harper_sloan) | 9 comments Paula, and advice when you attempt to claim your author page and it isn't being answered? It's been over a week and more than a few unanswered emails to GR and my author profile is still not mine.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 332 comments There can be a delay in responses to emails by support.

Is this you?

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

Sometimes profiles do not get merged if there are no published or nearly due to be published books. I think your October one would be fine though

The only things you can do are:

1) Wait
2) Resubmit the request
3) Start a new thread in the is group with an appropriate title which the Group Mods may see sooner and help
4) Continue to email
5) If you need changes, you can post in the GR Librarians group and some one can help

message 7: by Harper (new)

Harper Sloan (harper_sloan) | 9 comments That is me. My first book has a release date set as August 1. I was worried about time but being that it is that close I didn't think it would be an issue.

Thank you, I'll try to be patient and just use my other social media outlets to promote.

message 8: by Harper (new)

Harper Sloan (harper_sloan) | 9 comments Suggestions on a thread title the mods might notice?

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 332 comments Yes - something along the lines of

My author profile request has not been approved in over x weeks

Patrick and I would assume the other mods can approve author accounts as they are GR Staff

message 10: by Harper (new)

Harper Sloan (harper_sloan) | 9 comments Fingers crossed. Thank you so much.

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine Gardner | 2 comments I have three books on Goodreads that have been uploaded by someone else and one I have managed to do myself. Two have covers and the other two, including the one I brought across from Amazon, have come through minus covers. How do I get the covers, which are on Amazon, across to Goodreads? I assumed that would happen automatically.

message 12: by J.H. (new)

J.H. Walker (jhwalker) My query is about reviews and "friends". If someone doing a review sends me a "friend" request, and I accept, their review goes in "friend reviews." That makes it look like I'm getting people I know, (actual real-life friends) to do reviews. Can something be done about this? I have a bunch of reviewers, whom I've never met, that have done reviews that are listed as "friend" reviews. Is there a way I can move their reviews to community reviews? I want to friend people, but it's detrimental to my author page to do so.

message 13: by rivka (new)

rivka | 561 comments J.H., the reviews you see in the friends section won't show up there for other users -- unless they are also friends of the user in question.

message 14: by J.H. (new)

J.H. Walker (jhwalker) I see. Thank you Rivka.