Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Prince discussion

Jem or Will?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hodan (last edited Jun 06, 2013 07:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hodan Mousa In this book i feel bad for Will and i want Tessa to be with him but there's also Jem who is sick and might die and..(sniff sniff) i don't know who to choose.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

WILLLLLLLL!!! Even though Jem is really nice to Tessa, Will is the perfect match for her...^^

message 3: by Joya (last edited Jun 06, 2013 09:26AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joya Will. Though Jem is a sweet character, Will has a better personality, and is more hilarious. Will always seems to be able to break the tension and make a hilarious comment at the best, (or worst) of times, which adds a hook to the book. I also felt bad for Will, especially in Clockwork Prince. I feel bad for Jem too, but I felt like it was sorted out by the end of the series. I always felt that Jem felt a bit bad for himself, and wasn't as lively a character as Will. I think I knew more about Will than Jem, but there was something mysterious about Will that kept me interested in his story. Overall, I like Will better, he is a much more unique and intriguing character than Jem, (though I like him too:)

Patrick Linton Joya wrote: "Will. Though Jem is a sweet character, Will has a better personality, and is more hilarious. Will always seems to be able to break the tension and make a hilarious comment at the best, (or worst) o..."
I have to agree with you there, although Jem was a good character and I liked him none the less. Will always seemed to have a connecting with Tessa that Jem never seemed to have.

Drezzy damn...that's a hard one, they're both equality great but i have to go with Will. He needs someone to love him, and lets face it...Jem will die soon.....:(

Joya Patrickl wrote: "Joya wrote: "Will. Though Jem is a sweet character, Will has a better personality, and is more hilarious. Will always seems to be able to break the tension and make a hilarious comment at the best,..."

Definitely, Will was meant for Tessa:)

Joya Drezzy wrote: "damn...that's a hard one, they're both equality great but i have to go with Will. He needs someone to love him, and lets face it...Jem will die soon.....:("
Yes, I always felt worse about will because Jem knew he was going to die at some point, but Will felt that part of his life had been wasted. Will definitely needed some love:)

Laura Carrillo Will!!!

Kyren So so Will!!!
Need I say more? I think not. Sorry Jem, but it's true.

message 10: by S. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S. Will!

It's one of the reasons I haven't read Clockwork Princess yet - I might die of heartbreak if Jem is chosen at the end of Clockwork Princess. :(

Kiersten Will!!! I Love him sooo much! I know Jem is so sweet to Tessa and all, and his disease is horrible, but I just love Will!!!
I'm reading Clockwork Princess right now, and I'm just saying that if you get a hard copy of the book the cover comes off and shows a family tree line! It kinda gives something away so I'm a bit upset that I noticed it and read it ): But I'm still very excited to read the rest of the book! I'm only on chapter 2 so far.

message 13: by Ruby (new) - added it

Ruby Grayson I think Will is vulgar.
Why is it that these teen novels insistent on idolising the most violent, crude and oh, 'handsome' characters? I think Will was shallow and rude whereas Jem had a sweet disposition and there was always a blossoming friendship in store with him, which always leads to the best of relationships. In realistic terms, i think if anyone ended up marrying Will they would take their own life or run away. He is simply that shallow and violent. Well, that's what I felt anyway.

Parmida Aelin Sardothien jemmmmm

Casey You know Tessa cab have Will and I will be more then happy to have Jem!

Savannah Joya wrote: "Will. Though Jem is a sweet character, Will has a better personality, and is more hilarious. Will always seems to be able to break the tension and make a hilarious comment at the best, (or worst) o..."
Most definitely agree. Jem was good character and I don't think you could not like him. I just felt through-out the entire series that Will and Tessa were right together/meant to be.

Emily Hope I prefer Jem. He is sensible, and kind, and steady. Will will go his own way but Jem will always be faithful. Jem is the better man, 100%. Jem will make Tessa happy, and care for her. Will will be a pain.

message 18: by Joya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joya Savannah wrote: "Joya wrote: "Will. Though Jem is a sweet character, Will has a better personality, and is more hilarious. Will always seems to be able to break the tension and make a hilarious comment at the best,..."

definitely:)

Megan Jem

Amanda I've said this many times before, but how could one possibly like one more than the other, when they are the same soul?

message 21: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara William Herondale.

Jahnavi William Owen Herondale, aka Will. Nuff said...

Sierra See, I couldn't even finish Clockwork Prince because I was so pissed that Tessa and Jem got engaged and Will is left all alone and heartbroken. Like, I love Jem and all but he is clearly not a good match for Tessa.

message 25: by Mia (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mia R How about Jem AND Will? Haha, they seem to have more chemistry with each other than either of them do with Tessa!

Jahnavi NO! Will cannot be gay! For a guy like him to be gay would be the end to all feminine attractions. Haha.:)

message 27: by Mia (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mia R Herondaleslover wrote: "NO! Will cannot be gay! For a guy like him to be gay would be the end to all feminine attractions. Haha.:)"

Your username suggests you may have a slight bias in this debate, LOL :D

■©atherine■ I go for JEM. Not that I don't like Will or anything but Jem is so kind, and warm and about that the part how he could see through Tessa (what was going on with her) totally won my heart.

Claire Sierra wrote: "See, I couldn't even finish Clockwork Prince because I was so pissed that Tessa and Jem got engaged and Will is left all alone and heartbroken. Like, I love Jem and all but he is clearly not a good..."

YOU SHOULD SO FINISH IT!!!!!!! *SPOILER ALERT* WILL AND TESSA GET MARRIED!!!!! ITS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED IN THE WHOLE SERIES!!!!!!!

Claire From the moment I had read about both Jem and Will, I fell in love with Will. I was so sad for him and angry that Tessa didn't put more of an effort into getting to know why he was so alone.....I just love him so much!!I love his attachment to Cecily and I'm glad they are so close. I would have died if Tessa had stayed with Jem.

Summer (buttermybooks) WILL.

LIKE WILL HERONDALE IS MY BOYFRIEND.

MORE ACCURATELY HE IS THE REASON I DO NOT HAVE A BOYFRIEND.