Blog2Buzz discussion

Blog tour companies

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Scout Paige♥, Belle of the books <3 (new)

♥Scout Paige♥ | 78 comments Mod
I wanted to blog tour for a while but I didn't know how to but I found a blog tour company on another goodreads group and I'm now going to be hosting tours for two companies. Saskia book tours and one that seems relatively new and im not sure it has a name, Its by an author I met on goodread. so I want to compile a list of tour companies for other bloggers to join. any suggestions? here are some others i've heard of.
http://www.virtualbooktourcafe.com/
http://www.i-m.co/babooktours/BABookT...
http://www.rockstarbooktours.com/
http://redadeptpublishing.com/

I hope they help.

message 2: by Jovon, Little Miss Sunshine :D (new)

Jovon Tucker (book2buzz) | 80 comments Mod
♥Scout♥ wrote: "I wanted to blog tour for a while but I didn't know how to but I found a blog tour company on another goodreads group and I'm now going to be hosting tours for two companies. Saskia book tours and ..."

I am going to check these out but how do blog tours work? Do you have to read the book that the tour needs or do you just put the blurb, cover, author info?

Because sometimes I just don't have the cash or time to read a certain book with my schedule you know? But I would like to be involved with these. hmmmm?

message 3: by ♥Scout Paige♥, Belle of the books <3 (new)

Jovon wrote: "♥Scout♥ wrote: "I wanted to blog tour for a while but I didn't know how to but I found a blog tour company on another goodreads group and I'm now going to be hosting tours for two companies. Saskia..."

once your accepted as a tour host they email you with the books that are touring and available dates. you just email back if you want to participate saying what type of post i think they're usually spotlight, guest post, interview, giveaway or review and the date you are going to post it on your blog from the list of available dates. When I said review they sent me a PDF of the book. my first tour post is an author interview on the 30th.

message 4: by Jovon, Little Miss Sunshine :D (new)

Oh wow how cool! I think I am going to do something like this! Well apply for it anyway, LOL. Does this help drive traffic to your site?

message 5: by ♥Scout Paige♥, Belle of the books <3 (new)

yeah its supposed to... people follow the tour from blog to blog and if they like your blog and post they will follow. Thats the theory anyway, I'll have to see if it works.

message 6: by Jovon, Little Miss Sunshine :D (new)

Here is a company I am going to be touring with in August:

http://www.partnersincrimetours.net/

message 7: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor There's a couple other places to tour with that I know of. For my cover reveal I used: http://www.xpressobooktours.com/

I know they get some really great books to host tours for.

Danielle over at Coffee and Characters is starting to do book tours. She is so sweet and amazing to work with.

http://www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com/

message 8: by ♥Scout Paige♥, Belle of the books <3 (new)

Thank you Janeal.

message 9: by Alana (last edited Jul 30, 2013 08:52AM) (new)

Alana Cash I am editing this posting because I lumped three blog tour companies into my experience with one - and I need to separate things out.

First of all, I recommend a blog tour because this is the only way for most authors to get attention and since most people look online for guidance as to what to read. Second, I chose three blog tour companies and I'm glad that I did.

The first one was kind of a disaster with cancellations, flaking, etc. This was nothing that the blog tour host could control so I have no hard feelings and I got a full refund.

As the second tour was setting up, I had low expectations and there was one cancellation (disappearance) and a couple of people switched from review to blurb. However, in the end there were actually more reviews than I paid for.

The third tour performed everything that they said they would do and more. But each of these blog tours had different levels of communication and this blog tour had the least amount of info on their website. I had to ask a lot of questions which made me uncomfortable. On each blog tour, you get to see the signup sheet for your book - it didn't seem like anyone was signing up to review or guest post for my book with the 3rd blog company, and this concerned me. When I contacted the tour company they explained that bloggers sign up a few days before so they have time to read the book. This was information that I wish had been made clear to me before because not seeing anyone sign up made me very nervous and triggered my fears as an author about whether my work was worth reading, etc. However, once I understood that, it became clear that no one would be switching from review to blurb at the last minute either.

It was only during the tour with company #3 that I understood clearly how things were supposed to go, so there was a lot of anxiety about the unknown. They delivered more than they said they would deliver and the book got a ton of reviews.

Having had the experience, I would hire blog companies 2 and 3 again. Next time I would know what to expect and not be timid about asking questions.

message 10: by ♥Scout Paige♥, Belle of the books <3 (new)

Alana wrote: "I have used 3 different blog tour companies and the experiences that I've had with all of them are that some book bloggers copy each others reviews, some bloggers commit to a review and at the last..."

Wow really were all three tours that bad? what book were you touring? I would never copy another bloggers review for a blog tour or anything, I can't imagine someone doing that. I did switch from review to blurb because I couldn't get in to the book and I never review a book I can't finish. I did message the tour host I thought doing a blurb was better than a paragraph review saying I didn't like it since the point of a tour is to promote the book. I always post my reviews on here but I can't on amazon because I've never bought anything from there.

Only 50%? did you pay for these tours hun? which companies did you use? Do you think the tours helped promote the books at all or do you regret doing them?

message 11: by Kayla (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) Alana wrote: "I have used 3 different blog tour companies and the experiences that I've had with all of them are that some book bloggers copy each others reviews, some bloggers commit to a review and at the last..."

You should definitely check the "Press" section of a blog tour company. Also, check their "Tour Hosts" page and ask their tour hosts whether or not their services are really exemplary. I only post book blurbs when I really did not like a book, giving it a rating of 2 stars or below. I always post my review after the tour and all books I receive for free always have my reviews posted on both Goodreads and Amazon with a link back to the original review on my blog.

Also, I tend to love authors who are really chatty on twitter. Especially ones who take the time to comment on your post or tweet you back. :)

I've experienced that the more expensive the blog tour is, the more satisfying the results would be. I mean no offense by this but sometimes, it's not in the tour hosts but in the quality of the book.

message 12: by Jovon, Little Miss Sunshine :D (new)

I am so sorry I have been MIA for a bit guys! I have been planning a vacation and had to deal with food poisoning on top of having a cold....I thought death was knocking, lol.

As to this conversation though, I have always delivered when it comes to a tour. Although, I have just read a book for a tour I did not like...it's review will be negative. So I contacted the tour hosts and told them this and offered to do a blurb and spotlight since like Paige said, the point of the tour is to promote...though I will be putting my review of the book live after the tour. If you do not mind Janeal...what companies did you tour with?

I am so sorry you had these experiences!

message 13: by Jovon, Little Miss Sunshine :D (new)

Also, I tend to love authors who are really chatty on twitter. Especially ones who take the time to comment on your post or tweet you back. :) ------

I totally agree with you, Kayla! I love it when authors are more chatty!

message 14: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor Oh no, Jovon! Planning a vacation is good, but food poisoning AND a cold. Yikes! Hope you're feeling better! Are you planning anything fun for your vacation?

I haven't done a review tour yet. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it Alana. It's always frustrating to try and get the word out about your book but not have it turn out. :(

For the cover reveal of my book I used Xpresso Tours. It went really well. There were a few sites that didn't post the cover, but not many and I figure people sometimes have stuff come up.

I'm currently setting up a blitz with YA Bound and so far it's been a really good experience. I won't know how it actually goes until the beginning of August. I can let you know if you'd like, but there's no reviews with this one either.

The low rating thing, I think it makes sense to post it after the tour and not during. It's a good policy that helps get word out about author's books without the negative light during the tour. And if they post the negative review later it's almost like a bonus because one person's bad review can bring the interest of someone else.

With the bloggers who have reviewed my book, not posting the review on other sites seems fairly common. Which I understand, I know reviewers spend a lot of time writing reviews and formatting them. Posting them on other sites takes even more time to do. Those of you that do post them elsewhere though THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Jovon and Kayla, I love it when bloggers are chatty, too! So much fun finding bloggers who are who like interacting1

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylamar) I actually run CTC Virtual Book Tours and I am always accepting new hosts. We promote all genres of books so there is no restriction.

I am currently booking a tour for From Rum to Roots by Mr. Lloyd Francis. I am looking for reviewers interested in posting a review between Oct 12th and Nov 15th when the book is on tour.

All reviewers will be entered into a giveaway for 1 of 2 Amazon gift card prizes.

You can view details here: http://www.closedthecover.com/18/post...

message 16: by Fire and Ice Book Promos Blog (last edited Nov 25, 2015 12:40PM) (new)

Fire and Ice Book Promos Blog (fireandicebooktours) | 1 comments I'm the owner of Fire and Ice Book Tours, and I'm always looking for new bloggers! I've got some tours open right now, so feel free to stop by and sign up:-)
http://www.fireandicebooktours.com

message 17: by Paulette (new)

Paulette Harper (pauletteharper) | 4 comments I own and operate Write Now Literary Virtual Book Tours. I am always accepting new hosts. We work with Christian authors, children authors and authors of clean books.

http://wnlbooktours.com/

message 18: by Drue (new)

Drue DePompei-Hoffman (bapdrue) | 1 comments Hello, creating a list of Book Tour Companies is a fantastic idea. I run Drue's Random Chatter - promotions by Drue and also
Drue & Sassy's Review'swhich is a site totally dedicated to book reviews (no promo)

Lettora (I'm Booked!) | 1 comments I run the I'm Booked! Tours promotion company and I'm always looking for new bloggers to host tours if anyone is interested: http://www.imbookedtours.blogspot.co....

message 20: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (myprreads) I am reaching out to bloggers to promote my new romance book marketing and promotions site Neverendingromances.com I am looking for bloggers to sign up for book tours which will be coming soon. If you are interested in receiving ARCs from romance authors, please go to my contact page and sign up. Eventually we will have giveaways and swag for our bloggers. Hope you stop by! If you do not have time to stop by, please just post.
Your Name:
Blog Url:
Email Address:

message 21: by Michael (new)

Michael Slavin | 1 comments My book One Million in the Bank, How to Make $1,000,000 Even If You Have No Money or Experience will be out soon (30-45 days). This is a serious work, no fluff, based on my experience and many case studies (stories) or everyday people who have made their million in 3-7 years with ordinary businesses. www.onemillioninthebank.com

My question: I think most virtual book tours are not geared for this type of book. Is it worth my doing virtual tours?

I will also have two other smaller books out at 30 day release intervals, Women's Guide to One Million in the Bank and Veterans' Guide to One Million in the Bank.

Great thread, like to hear everyone's thoughts.

message 22: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Martin (beckvalleybooks) | 1 comments Hi I'm Sharon and owner of Beck Valley Book Tours our website is http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.co.uk... feel free to read the author feedback from previous tours and see the many tours we have hosted xx

message 23: by Liz (new)

Liz Velez (lizsbookshelf) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Liz and I have just started a new book blog and would like to get some content and followers by way of hosting blog tours. I'm no stranger to this, as I have done this in the past several years ago and also had my own tour business. Had to shut it all down thanks to health problems. But I'm back, because I can and I've missed it. My blog, Liz's Bookshelf (http://lizs-bookshelf.blogspot.com), is dedicated to adult romance fiction (all subgenres with the exception of YA). If anyone knows of or owns a blog tour company that is in need of hosts for romance, please let me know! Thanks so much!