The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

Book Talks Part 1 > Series you were sad to finish

Comments Showing 1-50 of 234 (234 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rachel (starjoy899) | 842 comments Mod
What are your fav. series?

message 2: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

IKR!! There should be a series about their children!

message 3: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
SAME!!

message 4: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Why won't SHE write them? It's a nobrainer everyone would buy them!

message 5: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

That's stupid.

message 6: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) Definitely Harry Potter.

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Percy Jackson, The Hunger Games and Gallagher Girls

message 8: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Ohhhhh! I loved the Gallagher Girls series. I'm anxiously awaiting the last book!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments I haven't read the Gallagher girls. What is it about?

message 10: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Girls who go to a spy school and are just learning about their future careers and boys. It's great, I think you would like it. U should put it on ur to read shelf. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover, Only the Good Spy Young, Out of Sight, Out of Time, and United We Spy.

message 11: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

She also wrote Heist Society, Uncommon Criminals, and Perfect Scoundrels. They're all great books! :D

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments I read heist society and really liked! I will definitely add those to to-read. Thanks.

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments I liked the frog princess too. It was actually one of the first series I ever read and sought out (other than Avi books of course!)

message 14: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Have u ever read The Secret School?

message 15: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

It's great I read it 5 times b4 I donated it to my school library.

message 16: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments I loved the secret school! It kills me that it is so short and that there is no sequel!

message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments I read wings and liked it, but I have to say wide awake princess was my fave! I just loved Annie! Have you read the second one?

message 19: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Yes, The link is in my post earlier. I have 2 say, I liked the 1st 1 better.

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments Has she published any new series since wide awake princess? Omg I forgot Millie's cousins name (grassing and Haywood's son). Do you remember it?

message 21: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rachel wrote: "Has she published any new series since wide awake princess? Omg I forgot Millie's cousins name (grassing and Haywood's son). Do you remember it?"

IDK, but someone should find out. I'm about 2 be logged out of my account on the computer because my parents set time restraints.

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Elle wrote: "Ohhhhh! I loved the Gallagher Girls series. I'm anxiously awaiting the last book!"

ikr! I so need to know what happens!

message 23: by Rea (new)

Rea Omg! I miss hp!!!!

message 24: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Who doesn't?

message 25: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

How MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU? HE'S MINE!!!!!

message 26: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

lol were cool i'll just take harry instead.

message 27: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

He's too conceited for my taste but i'll deal.

message 28: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Yeah, u know self absorbed sometimes?

message 29: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Well, ron's always pigging out so...

message 30: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PU8Z3...

u might want 2 look @ this

message 31: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments The Harry Potter and the Percy Jackson series! I was crying when I finished the last books in these series, and I couldn't read anything else for at least a week after. I'm also going to read Clockwork Princess from the Infernal Devices the next week, and I really can't believe that I'll have to say goodbye to these characters.

message 32: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

IKR I was balling my eyes out for Harry Potter!!! :((((

message 33: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments This series was just phenomenal! And when the last movie came out...I couldn't believe it was over!!! :'(

message 34: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Anne wrote: "The Harry Potter and the Percy Jackson series! I was crying when I finished the last books in these series, and I couldn't read anything else for at least a week after. I'm also going to read Clock..."

Have tissues ready!

message 35: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments Yeah I'm ready for that! Although I've been completely spoiled about this book, because I had to wait for so long to finally read it, I don't really know what happens BEFORE the end, like WHY Tessa chose who she chose, and WHY did the other one did what he did...I can't wait for this book, I'm having heart attacks everytime I think about it. I hope that the fact I've been spoiled about the ending won't ruin the effect of the book. Anyways, I'm a very emotional person in general, and I cried just reading the snippets Cassie gave us before the book was released, so I guess there's something left for me too.

message 36: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Anne wrote: "Yeah I'm ready for that! Although I've been completely spoiled about this book, because I had to wait for so long to finally read it, I don't really know what happens BEFORE the end, like WHY Tessa..."

You got spoiled?!?! Aw I'm sorry:( I was too, I found out who Tessa ended up with but that's it. The book is amazing tho. The writing alone is reason enough to read it.

message 37: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments Those spoilers need to be killed!!!

message 38: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Anne wrote: "This series was just phenomenal! And when the last movie came out...I couldn't believe it was over!!! :'("

IKR!!!! ::::''''((((

message 39: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I was so sad and happy when I finished The Infernal Devices. I loved the ending but was so upset that it was over :(

message 40: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

I still have to finish that series.

message 41: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Currently I'm reading My Life Next Door.

message 42: by Victoria (new)

Victoria WIcked Lovely, Vampire Academy, Wonderous Strange, and Strange Angels....

message 43: by Carie (new)

Carie (cnclandell) | 124 comments I was SO sad to finish the Immortal Beloved series by Cate Tiernan and The Infernal Devices series. I ADORED both of these!!! Also sad to see the end of The Iron Fey, Vampire Academy, and Septimus Heap, though all have follow-up series to look forward to :) And, sad to end Soul Screamers and Leviathan, too. And, how can I not mention Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games?! Don't you LOVE a truly great series that you wish you could go back and read again for the first time over and over?! :)

message 44: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

I <<<<<<333333 HP & HG!!

message 45: by B (new)

B | 1 comments My all time favorite books are the hunger games series and next is the percy jackson books

message 46: by Carie (new)

Carie (cnclandell) | 124 comments I LOVE Percy Jackson, too! Forgot to put that one on my list :)

message 47: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

I <3 PJS (Percy Jackson Series)

message 48: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Elle wrote: "I <3 PJS (Percy Jackson Series)"

me too!!! greatest series ever!

message 49: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Ashley wrote: "Elle wrote: "I

me too!!! greatest series ever!"

U no it!! Online up-top PJS sista!

message 50: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I have a love/hate relationship with book conclusions. I am happy that the characters get their happy endings but I'm also so sad and reluctant to say bye to them. I feel like I have a connection with these characters and I know them as a friend. I'm not ready to leave them and their world behind. Leaving Rose Hathaway was brutal. I really miss her hilarious jokes and her fierce protectiveness. I miss Tessa and Will's bickering and cute loving moments. I miss Peeta's sweetness. I was distraught and disoriented for a week after finishing Harry Potter. They all have their happily ever afters tho so I feel the mix of merriment and melancholy. Conclusions are bittersweet...

« previous 1 3 4 5