The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight discussion

A disappointment

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mack (new) - rated it 1 star

Mack I just feel like the cover of the book, the story, the NAME had so much potential and it all just fell flat. All the romance that could fit in to this book, I can't get over it! I really really wanted to like it but I just couldn't. If you're a romance reader, what do you think of this book in comparison to others?

Pranshu I felt the same way. I really wanted to like this book and it had the potential to be great but it just felt like something was missing. . .

em I liked it, but I didn't love it. I just thought it was a little fluffy read, but nothing really more than that.

Kuni I felt the same way when I was reading this book! I kept waiting for something more and I don't really know what. But I did like the characters though.

Bad Wolf I didn't really expect what came, but I liked it a LOT better than what I expected. It was so adorable!!

message 6: by Mack (new) - rated it 1 star

Mack Pallavi wrote: "I actually think the author couldn't have fit too much more romance in. She made it realistic which I think counts for a lot since the chances of falling in love like that are very slim. Also, fall..." The thing is though, I don't find it cute nor romantic that you can fall in love with a person the way they did. Maybe it's possible to have a huge crush or like a person really much, but fall in love? I don't think so. I don't care about the kisses and all of that, the lack of getting to know one and other properly made it for me. To claim that you're in love with a person within 24 h of meeting them itself is not realistic. Maybe it's just me being cynical but I just find the whole thing extremly unrealistic, it could have worked, but it didn't.

message 7: by Sajid (last edited Oct 28, 2013 11:00AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sajid Rabby it was at most a decent book... i just thought that the story of Hadley and Oliver looked more like a side story to the story of Hadley's family and that of his father's 2nd wedding and all....

that being said, i thought this book had its good moments but it definitely had the potential to be much better....

Sorrel I liked it well enough but I did feel like it could have something more. It felt as if it fell just a little bit short.

message 9: by -RininTa- (last edited Dec 16, 2013 02:55PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

-RininTa- I quite disappointed with the story. The romance isn't enough. For me, the chats in the plane is general chat well except the family parts. I can't feel Hadley. Her chemistry to Oliver and the other characters aren't enough. Well, though, I like the idea of 24 hours love. It's a nice idea :)

message 10: by Judy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Judy I honestly had high hopes for this book. The title itself is pretty intriguing. This book was kind of disapointing due to the fact that it did not live up to the standards the title has set. The idea of meeting a random guy on a plane for 24 hours was kind of nice though.

Lauren When I saw this book in the bookstore, I was traveling with my folks. Picking up this book and reading the premise, I thought the concept was SUPER interesting. Therefore, I had a lot of hopes for this book when I started it. Personally, I felt like there was so much potential in this novel, though it didn't really live up to that potential in the end. However, that doesn't mean I didn't like the concepts and characters in the novel!

message 12: by Rose (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rose Miller I actually picked this up in an airport, and I was really excited about the concept,but the plot fell short. And there were scenes that could have happened between Hadley and Oliver that didn't.

Hannah the book felt short like it had no real big plot. It was boring and had no real character but, some parts were okay. She didn't explain enough during certain parts which made it uninteresting but, it was a cute short read,

message 14: by Emma (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emma Miles wrote: "the book felt short like it had no real big plot. It was boring and had no real character but, some parts were okay. She didn't explain enough during certain parts which made it uninteresting but, ..."

I was thinking the same exact thing about the plot!!! It just had no real point, and the story was SO slow. It needed to pick up the pace. Plus I never really fell for Oliver

Hailey Clark I thought it was a nice read and loved how it just gave me the "I just read a wonderful book feeling."

Michelle °O° Hailey wrote: "I thought it was a nice read and loved how it just gave me the "I just read a wonderful book feeling.""

Same here. Read this book in a few hours and really did enjoy it. Made me happy to read this story!

Since I read to escape reality I have no problem with the insta-love in books. ♥

message 17: by Maey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Maey The romance is wonderful but it seems that there's something missing. But I love Hadley and Oliver :)

Laney Pallavi wrote: "I actually think the author couldn't have fit too much more romance in. She made it realistic which I think counts for a lot since the chances of falling in love like that are very slim. Also, fall..."

I completely agree! I thought it was a really cute read!

Olivia Gomez This book is good, but its not awesome. It is a cliché, it had nothing new and it was predictable (at least for me). It could have been a brilliant book since the cover and the name had so much potential but it didn't match my expectations.

Jennifer Dupriest I totally agree that this book fell sort of flat. Everything about it outside screamed: BEAUTIFUL, but the contend inside wasn't worth it.