UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Mental Dave gets in the news!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Some of you may have seen this on my facebook page.

My friend Mental Dave got a parking ticket yesterday. He's pretty broke at the moment so it was a big deal. So he decided to see if he could sell it on Ebay as a joke.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26122609105...

He didn't expect much, but as of now he has bids for £36 which is more than half the ticket!

And more than that, he got into the Huffington Post!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/...

Its just insane!!

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Looking at the comments on Huffington Post people are saying it's not an actual fine and that he should ignore it.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Yes, so maybe all the money he raises can go to his friend. Funny that this is getting him way more publicity that anything else he has done, and it was just a bit of a laugh...

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments He'll have to find some more odd things to sell on e-bay. People buy all sorts of daft things on there.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments He could sell autographs from his rabbit... who is part of his act!

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara Boyd (saraboydauthor) | 1412 comments Hahaha! Ingenious!

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments I've seen air guitars for sale on eBay, complete with stands. Bargain!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Have you bought one then Geoff - I could just see you playing along to Deep Purple...

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments And if so can I sell you a set of air strings and an air pick?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Artisit, is he?

Now that's clever.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Dunno what that is, but I'm sure he is one!

message 12: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments It's up to £41 now!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Wow.

Wonder if I could sell a jar of my breath or something.

message 14: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments 46!

message 15: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I would take note of the comments though, doesn't seem like not paying would do anything

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "I would take note of the comments though, doesn't seem like not paying would do anything"

yeah - if thats right he'll give the whole lot to his friend.

message 18: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Mental!!!!

message 19: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments £70!!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Yay!!! cool.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Its £80 now, and Dave will do a free show for the winner.

message 22: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments cool!

message 23: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Brilliant idea GL. Give him my respect!

message 24: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I see its been removed. I hope that was Dave and not the ugly Ebay rearing its head.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I had an email from ebay (cos I was watching the item) saying that they had withdrawn it cos it didn't comply with their terms. How mean! It wasn't doing any harm.

:0(

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments He is on the phone to them trying to sort it out. They are saying its because he wasn't selling a physical object!!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Its up again, but under a different numnber so it starts from the beginning again.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments What a shame it's lost all the hits.

I've facebooked it.

message 29: by Jim (last edited Jun 06, 2013 10:14PM) (new)

Jim | 21709 comments I've facebooked it as well

edited to add that given my success with social media I hope I've not doomed him

message 30: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments No Jim, that was me sharing it doomed the item...

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

If it's been re-listed, I think that means that all those links from the media reports won't work anymore? How annoying of ebay - it was great publicity for them and a worthy cause now that he's donating the money to that family. I have posted a comment on one news site with the new link, but it doesn't seem to have appeared, it says that comments need to be moderated first (hope it's not rejected by a bot cos I've included a link...)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Thanks for all the support guys. A paper has been in touch looking for an interview (birmingham paper to appear on Sunday) and he is trying to get more media interest. Let's hope he can get it up to speed again.

message 33: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments I've reposted the link on Facebook :)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Thanks Shaun :-)

message 35: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments I'm also currently the highest bidder :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments OIY!

You gotta save your dosh so you can buy my drinks, buddy-boy!

message 37: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Patti (Ogre for Hire) wrote: "OIY!

You gotta save your dosh so you can buy my drinks, buddy-boy!"

Isn't the tap water free?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Do you what fish do in that stuff?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Press and photographers on the way to Dave's place!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh - this is exciting! I've followed this since you first posted about it, I've also shared it on facebook and twitter. Hope ebay don't fluff it again!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments They have said they won't remove it. But he is setting up a seperate account on a donations website as well, as quite a few people have asked to donate seperately.

The family he is giving the money to have a £400 parking fine from a hospital car park to pay off...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments This is so cool.

message 43: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments They were fined £400 for parking at a hospital??

That is outrageous.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I don't know the full story, but I'm sure we will find out. It does sound outrageous to me too!!

message 45: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Especially if you are actually visiting the hospital. I could understand a bit more if you were using the hospital car park cause it was handy for the shops or something.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

It seems to have been stuck at £37 for a while now - shame to think that it had reached £104 before, but all those links from the media won't work now, unless they update the story.

:0(

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Hopefully he can get new links set up. And this interview he is doing might triiger off some new reports.

message 48: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Karen (Kew) wrote: "It seems to have been stuck at £37 for a while now - shame to think that it had reached £104 before, but all those links from the media won't work now, unless they update the story.

:0("

And that's still my bid :)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments And he has forbidden me to bid :(

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments He has a video update up on youtube now. Will post the link when I get home, or those of you on my facebook can get it now.

« previous 1