Cocaine Pages discussion

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
This topic is about World War Z
Monthly Group Reads > June 2013 - World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurentiu, Acta non verba (last edited Jun 06, 2013 02:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laurentiu Lazar (laur1989) | 172 comments Mod
Group read thread for the June read of World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

Book Info: It began with rumors from China about another pandemic. Then the cases started to multiply and what had looked like the stirrings of a criminal underclass, even the beginnings of a revolution, soon revealed itself to be much, much worse. Faced with a future of mindless, man-eating horror, humanity was forced to accept the logic of world government and face events that tested our sanity and our sense of reality.

Based on extensive interviews with survivors and key players in the 10-year fight-back against the horde, World War Z brings the very finest traditions of American journalism to bear on what is surely the most incredible story in the history of civilization.

Different editions:
World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

Author site: http://www.maxbrookszombieworld.com/

Movie adaptation: The movie adaptation, directed by Marc Forster, of Max Brook's “World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War” starring Brad Pitt had its premiere on June 2, 2013 in London.

Due to June 20-21, 2013 in most of the other countries. More info on: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/?...

Get yourself a copy of this book before viewing it in theaters and stop by to post your opinions. Book and movie.

message 2: by Laurentiu, Acta non verba (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laurentiu Lazar (laur1989) | 172 comments Mod
I've started this book a while ago, but it's not anything special. In my opinion. Bored me several times, guess I'm not a big fan of zombie books.

The only interesting thing is the way that the author structured the book: fictive oral histories told by different people around the world and all gathered up in a big story.

message 3: by Xandra (last edited Aug 01, 2013 07:00AM) (new)

Xandra (xandragr) | 16 comments Meh, zombies. Don't understand why they're so popular. They're ugly, too.