The Liberal Politics & Current Events Book Club discussion

oppression / discrimination > Female 'Purity' Is Bullshit

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyone else on earth is as annoyed with "purity" as I am, right? The idea that there are two kinds of women—"good girls" and everyone else, and one of them is good for fucking and the other one is good for marriage and never the twain shall meet and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? How is this fulfilling for anyone? Enough.

http://jezebel.com/female-purity-is-b...

message 2: by Alicja (last edited Jun 06, 2013 07:15AM) (new)

Alicja (darkwingduckie7) | 228 comments "So, Girls, Fuck All of It

If you want to. Or don't fuck any of it, if you don't want to. Fuck women. Fuck men. Fuck no one."

Love it! It's sad but true. My parents, my family, and my church fed me the "stay pure for your husband" line all through my teens. I've heard the "if you have sex once, no man will marry you" line before. And it all is just bullshit. Self-respect has nothing to do with who you have or not have sex with. Self-respect is about being true to yourself and carrying yourself in a manner that says to others "I am in control of me and there is nothing you can do to make me loose faith in myself". The good girl/bad girl dichotemy has been socialized into both men and women, it seems, from the dawn of time. We need to say enough.