Fade to Black Fade to Black discussion

Fade To Black

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new) - added it

John Fade to Black by Alex Flinn is about a 17 year-old named Alex Crusan who is HIV positive. He gets attacked by an assailant while he stops at a red light in his car. The assailant breaks Crusan's windows and sends him to the hospital. Clinton Cole was seen riding his bike in the area where the incident happened. Cole always harassed Crusan because he had HIV and even threw a rock through the window of his sister's room. Cole, being ignorant about HIV, thinks he is going to catch the virus just by sitting next to him. Then there is Daria Bickell, she claims she saw the whole incident happen. She says she saw Cole do it, but she has Down Syndrome so the police don't use her as a liability. My favorite character is is Alex because he thinks about others and doesn't want to be a burden to anyone, even though he is in a bad situation. Flinn writes this book in a vantage point style so its really exciting to read from different point of views. I definitely recommend this book because it sends a strong message in a realistic way. 5 stars.

sincerely, John

message 2: by John (new) - added it

John Fade to Black

Fade to Black by Alex Flinn is about a 17 year-old named Alex Crusan who is HIV positive. He gets attacked by an assailant while he stops at a red light in his car. The assailant breaks Crusan's windows and sends him to the hospital. Clinton Cole was seen riding his bike in the area where the incident happened. Cole always harassed Crusan because he had HIV and even threw a rock through the window of his sister's room. Cole, being ignorant about HIV, thinks he is going to catch the virus just by sitting next to him. Then there is Daria Bickell, she claims she saw the whole incident happen. She says she saw Cole do it, but she has Down Syndrome so the police don't use her as a liability. My favorite character is is Alex because he thinks about others and doesn't want to be a burden to anyone, even though he is in a bad situation. Flinn writes this book in a vantage point style so its really exciting to read from different point of views. I definitely recommend this book because it sends a strong message in a realistic way. 5 stars.

Katherine John wrote: "Fade to Black

Fade to Black by Alex Flinn is about a 17 year-old named Alex Crusan who is HIV positive. He gets attacked by an assailant while he stops at a red light in his car. The assailant bre..."

I agree with you(: Its a great bk(: i would totally recommend it