Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > That Summer by Sarah Dessen → Start Date: July 7, 2013

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Me and Emily are going to be reading that summer by sarah dessen anyone else want to join ?

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1594 comments yay! I have been wanting read this

message 3: by Trinity (new)

Trinity well were ready in just like in 2 weeks . we want to make sure anyone else wants to read but yea im excited to ! :)

message 4: by Sami (last edited Jun 15, 2013 09:32AM) (new)

Sami | 889 comments :D Just got this book from the library, I'll read it with you! If that's ok? :)

message 5: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Of course it is Sami!!!! :)

message 6: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) I'll try to join! :D

message 7: by Trinity (new)

Trinity YAY TRINI!!! :)

message 8: by Sami (last edited Jun 20, 2013 05:46PM) (new)

Sami | 889 comments Hey guys I just realised that this book is the Book of the Month for July, I was wondering if you wanted to hold off till then, then lots of people can join? I don't know, it's up to you guys.

message 9: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Sure Im ok with that! :D

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1594 comments that actually works better for me I'm behind on some other buddy reads

message 11: by Trinity (new)

Trinity ok!

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'm moving this thread to To-Read folder

message 13: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) I bought this book today, and I was wondering if I could join you guys :-)

message 14: by Sami (new)

Sami | 889 comments :D Yay Trinity!! For some reason I thought you were reading it anyway!! Does anyone else want to read this? It is the group read for the month after all!

message 15: by Sami (new)

Sami | 889 comments Also, when?

message 16: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Hmmmm... I was thinking on July 7th, since we're doing the Read-a-thon. It'd be fun to all have at least one book in common that we'll be reading for that time. :-)
It's up to you guys though!

message 17: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Oh I want to do that!

message 18: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Yay! Is everyone else up for reading it on the 7th for the Read-a-thon?

message 19: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Everybody knows I'm in :D

message 20: by Sami (last edited Jul 01, 2013 02:24PM) (new)

Sami | 889 comments 7th of july sounds great!! Sadly I can't do the read-a-thon as I have my birthday dinner that day, but I can definitely start a buddy read!!

Does this mean you read-a-thon'ers are planning to finish it on the day? Or do you want to divide it into chapters and read a bit every day? I do not mind either way :).

message 21: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Well I will finish it on the day but only talk about what chapters everyone is talking about

message 22: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Trinity wrote: "Well I will finish it on the day but only talk about what chapters everyone is talking about"

I agree! I'll most likely finish it then, but I can discuss as we go along with everyone :-)

message 23: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Same here :)

message 24: by Sami (new)

Sami | 889 comments Ok I'll read as much as possible on the day

message 25: by Sami (new)

Sami | 889 comments :D Are you guys excited for the read a thon?

message 26: by Trinity (new)

Trinity I will to!

message 27: by Trinity (new)

Trinity And ye sI am excited!

message 28: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Sami wrote: ":D Are you guys excited for the read a thon?"

I'm super excited! :-)

message 29: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Me too!!

message 30: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Trinity wrote: "Me too!!"

Are you going to edit the date for this buddy read to the 7th? :-)

message 31: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Just 2 more days!!!

message 32: by Sami (new)

Sami | 889 comments Did you guys read it? What did you think? I only just managed to read it when I got back from holiday - it kicked up such a fine at the library I thought, 'Well I have to read it now!'

message 33: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Sami wrote: "Did you guys read it? What did you think? I only just managed to read it when I got back from holiday - it kicked up such a fine at the library I thought, 'Well I have to read it now!'"

I didn't like it! It was dull, and it was more about the people around the main character than her herself.

message 34: by Sami (new)

Sami | 889 comments I know! I was actually glad she finally (view spoiler) and made things about herself for once. The whole thing was about her sister/father/mother up till that point.