Splintered Fan Club discussion

Quotes > Unhinged Quotes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicole, MORPHEUS ALWAYS (new)

Nicole Wang (nikki_wang) | 182 comments Mod
So Anita can share some MOTHY (and fine Jeb) quotes from Unhinged with us!

message 2: by Hannah, MOTHSSSS (new)

Hannah | 128 comments Mod
There's already a quote thread Nikki.....

message 3: by Nicole, MORPHEUS ALWAYS (new)

Lol! She told me to make a folder for Unhinged quotes. :P I ended up making a folder for quotes then making a TOPIC. CAN'T GET ON A COMPUTER (stupid studying) can you make a folder for the Unhinged Quotes then add the general quotes back in the general folder?

message 4: by A.G. (last edited Jun 05, 2013 09:09PM) (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Hannah*Inky* wrote: "There's already a quote thread Nikki....."

Inky, I asked Nikki to make a folder for Unhinged quotes to keep it separate from Splintered quotes, since it isn't out yet and is more like teasers. But what I meant was an Unhinged Quotes topic. Could we edit the other quotes topic to be for Splintered Quotes and then we'll have them both here in the main Quotes folder?

P.S. Thank you! I'm sorry for making everything confusing. I have edit brain. @.@ *hugs you both for your hard work*

message 5: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments Yay!!! New quotes !!!

message 6: by A.G. (last edited Jun 16, 2013 10:40AM) (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Okay, as I promised, teaser quotes for UNHINGED!

For Team Morph:

“Alyssa,” Morpheus murmurs. “We were children together. I’ve waited for your return more years than your mortal knight has even known you existed.”

And for Team Jeb:

“I’m ready,” Jeb says. There’s a sweet insistence in the words that makes my throat dry.

“Ready for what?” I ask.

“For you to wrap me in your wings,” he answers, voice gruff. “And for me to show you how to fly without ever leaving the ground.”

And an Alyssa teaser:

Stranger. The perfect descriptor for Morpheus. He’s stranger than any person or creature I’ve ever met. And boy, do I have a long line of comparison subjects.

Hope you like them! More to come soon. ;)

message 7: by Nicole, MORPHEUS ALWAYS (new)

Deaddeaddeaddeaddeaddead

message 8: by La La (new)

La La Sigh......

message 9: by Danica (new)

Danica (bookwormqt) | 1 comments OH MY JEEBUS!!!! -fangirl scream-

message 10: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments Completely riveted! I need Unhinged NOW!!
( throws a completely childish tantrum accomplishing nothing... Oh keep um coming A, it's that kinda torture us impatient types live off of lol

message 11: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments Right!! "JEEBUS" !

message 12: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 198 comments *dying*

*squealing*

*done*

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments A.G. wrote: "Okay, as I promised, teaser quotes for UNHINGED!

And for Team Jeb:

“I’m ready,” Jeb says. There’s a sweet insistence in the words that makes my throat dry.

“Ready for what?” I ask.

“For you to wrap me in your wings,” he answers, voice gruff. “And for me to show you how to fly without ever leaving the ground.”

*sighs*

message 14: by A.G. (last edited Nov 30, 2013 01:44PM) (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Yay! Glad you liked them! Here are a few more Unhinged sneak peeks (not so much quotes, but teasers)...

Alyssa's Wonderland key and a heart locket with a keyhole are both symbolic throughout the story:

heart and key photo heartandkey_zpse75df612.jpg
Image attribution: Unlock by nondani on deviant art

Several more Carrollian elements are brought to light, including:

What exactly is tulgey wood?

What are the looking glass insects, really?

The meaning behind these two lines of the Jabberwocky poem is revealed:

All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

(And yes, it's probably a lot scarier than you think)

Also, this verse from Lewis Carroll's Prologue to Alice poem plays a huge role in the book:

A childish story take,
And with a gentle hand,
Lay it where Childhoood's dreams are twined
In Memory's mystic band...

Assorted Unhinged tidbits:

Morpheus has a new hat, and the moths are more than just decorative.

Morpheus and Alyssa have an intense moment in the midst of a raging fire.

Jeb's artwork catches the attention of a mysterious and beautiful art collector, but is his art really the only thing she's interested in?

Alyssa and Jeb bond while taking a magical train ride.

Alyssa's mother returns home from the asylum.

Alyssa learns the truth about her mother's past, and the secrets her mother has kept could prove to be Alyssa's undoing.

And, last but not least, Alyssa has a new artistic medium for her mosaics (she's no longer using bugs and flowers now that she's friends with them). Not telling what she's using, but it's even more morbid and creepy than the bug art. Heh

That's all I can spare, so I hope it tides everyone over!

message 15: by Kaede (last edited Jun 16, 2013 10:06AM) (new)

Kaede (kami178) | 41 comments A.G. wrote: "Okay, as I promised, teaser quotes for UNHINGED!

For Team Morph:

“Alyssa,” Morpheus murmurs. “We were children together. I’ve waited for your return more years than your mortal knight has..."

OMG I DIED. *swoons in death* GAHHH UNHINGED I NEED YOU COME HEREEEEE *grabby hands* JEBBBBBBBBB <3

And wheeeee! I'm happy Jeb's artwork has caught attention - he deserves it. BUT WHY DO I FEEEL SUSPICIOUSSS. BEAUTIFUL AND MYSTERIOUS PEOPLE MAKE ME WARYYY. *glances at Morpheus*

message 16: by A.G. (last edited Jun 16, 2013 10:43AM) (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Kaede wrote: "BUT WHY DO I FEEEL SUSPICIOUSSS. BEAUTIFUL AND MYSTERIOUS PEOPLE MAKE ME WARYYY. *glances at Morpheus*

*snorts* The real question is if she's actually interested in Jeb's art, or Jeb's bod. Cuz, you know, he's hot. Hmmmm... ;P

message 17: by Kaede (last edited Jun 16, 2013 10:39AM) (new)

Kaede (kami178) | 41 comments A.G. wrote: "Kaede wrote: "BUT WHY DO I FEEEL SUSPICIOUSSS. BEAUTIFUL AND MYSTERIOUS PEOPLE MAKE ME WARYYY. *glances at Morpheus*

*snorts* The real question is if she's really interested in Jeb's art, or Jeb's..."

YESSS HE IS HOT *nods*

AND WHAT THE WHAT

SHE?

UHM NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. THIS WAS NOT PART OF THE DEAL. STAY AWAY YOU SUPPOSEDLY BEAUTIFUL AND MYSTERIOUS GIRL. JEB IS TAKEN. GO AWAY. SHOOOOO.

message 18: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Kaede wrote: "STAY AWAY YOU SUPPOSEDLY BEAUTIFUL AND MYSTERIOUS GIRL. JEB IS TAKEN. GO AWAY. SHOOOOO."

Haha. Yep, that's pretty much Al's reaction, too.

message 19: by Nicole, MORPHEUS ALWAYS (new)

No. Jeb should go with MABW (mysterious and beautiful woman)

message 20: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Nikki wrote: "No. Jeb should go with MABW (mysterious and beautiful woman)"

Hehe. I thought you might have an opinion on this.

message 21: by Nicole, MORPHEUS ALWAYS (new)

;P OF COURSE

message 22: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments I have an opinion ! I need more, this "teasers" business is painful

message 23: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Clare wrote: "I have an opinion ! I need more, this "teasers" business is painful"

Hehehe. I know, I felt almost cruel posting them. But I promised you guys I would. An author must always keep her word! ;P

message 24: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments Ohh cruel Anita so very cruel!! I want to know more about that hat! It has my mind reeling!

message 25: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Clare wrote: "Ohh cruel Anita so very cruel!! I want to know more about that hat! It has my mind reeling!"

You will love it, Clare!

message 26: by Nicole, MORPHEUS ALWAYS (new)

It should make Alyssa fall in love with him *nods* Not that he needs it

message 27: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Nikki wrote: "It should make Alyssa fall in love with him *nods* Not that he needs it"

*snickers* Naughty mothling.

message 28: by Nicole, MORPHEUS ALWAYS (new)

;P Anything for Morph!

message 29: by La La (new)

La La Thank you soooo much A.G., I really needed these because I just received an Email from another one of my favorite authors saying there is going to be no sequel (I loathe those two words put together) to a book of hers that I really invested my heart in!! :(

message 30: by Kaede (new)

Kaede (kami178) | 41 comments Nikki wrote: "No. Jeb should go with MABW (mysterious and beautiful woman)"

I cannot speak to you anymore. *walks away*

A.G. wrote: "Kaede wrote: "STAY AWAY YOU SUPPOSEDLY BEAUTIFUL AND MYSTERIOUS GIRL. JEB IS TAKEN. GO AWAY. SHOOOOO."

Haha. Yep, that's pretty much Al's reaction, too."

BECAUSE JEBB IS TAKEN. GO AWAYYYYYYYY. MINE.

message 31: by Angela (new)

Angela | 4 comments Jeb can have the other girl. I WANT MORPHEUS.

message 32: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments @Linda You're so welcome! And I'm sorry about the sad email. Odds are it was the author's publisher's decision and he/she had no say in it. Which means that the author is probably every bit as disappointed as you. :(

@Kaede You made Jeb blush and grin. Yep, I saw his dimples. ;P

@Angela LOL.

message 33: by Nicole, MORPHEUS ALWAYS (new)

A.G. wrote: "@Linda You're so welcome! And I'm sorry about the sad email. Odds are it was the author's publisher's decision and he/she had no say in it. Which means that the author is probably every bit as disa..."

But when fangirls are crazy enough (and the pub was already considering it) mad mad things happen. >:)

message 34: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments What happens? Did we find out some awful news? I don't want the words sad and email,

message 35: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Clare wrote: "What happens? Did we find out some awful news? I don't want the words sad and email,"

@Nikki You're so funny!

@Clare It wasn't bad news on my end. Linda was saying she heard from one of her fave authors that she wasn't going to have a sequel. ;(

message 36: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments I read that email to, sometimes no sequel is better than a bad sequel. :)?

message 37: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Angela (: wrote: "Jeb can have the other girl. I WANT MORPHEUS."

You do realize that if you want Morpheus, then it's actually smarter to want Alyssa to be with Jeb, so that Morpheus is free for you, right?

message 38: by Angela (new)

Angela | 4 comments Katie wrote: "Angela (: wrote: "Jeb can have the other girl. I WANT MORPHEUS."

You do realize that if you want Morpheus, then it's actually smarter to want Alyssa to be with Jeb, so that Morpheus is free for yo..."

Same difference. ;)

message 39: by Hannah, MOTHSSSS (new)

Hannah | 128 comments Mod
A.G. wrote: "Okay, as I promised, teaser quotes for UNHINGED!

For Team Morph:

“Alyssa,” Morpheus murmurs. “We were children together. I’ve waited for your return more years than your mortal knight has..."

SKUUUUHWEEEEEEEEAAAAAL!!!!!

message 40: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Hannah wrote: "A.G. wrote: "Okay, as I promised, teaser quotes for UNHINGED!

SKUUUUHWEEEEEEEEAAAAAL!!!!!

I'm assuming that squeal is for the Jebediah quote? ;P

message 41: by La La (new)

La La Clare wrote: "I read that email to, sometimes no sequel is better than a bad sequel. :)?"

Clare, not the same Email because you haven't read this book and it was part of a private conversation I was having with her. There is no way she would have written a bad sequel, her writing is too amazing...

message 42: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments Oh my? I wasn't referring to your actual conversation , just that you posted part of it and it made you sad. I was just trying to cheer you up, not anything more. My apologies La La. I just felt bad you were sad? I'll stay out of your business :( ttyl Clare

message 43: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments A.G. Responded to me and others and she was telling me she wasn't sad, that you, her friend was. That's what I read and was referring to, just so you know, it's still here if you scroll up a few comments.

message 44: by La La (new)

La La It wasn't worded right then because you said you 'read that Email too'. I didn't want anyone to think I was talking about a book that I wasn't, that's all. :)

message 45: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments What book were you talking about? I've been curious ever since I read your angry message, who's the author?

message 46: by La La (last edited Jul 13, 2013 08:05AM) (new)

La La The book was Above, and it was fabulous. The author wrote this particular 'jargon' used by one of the main characters because he had been cut off from society 'above' and had developed an odd speech pattern. Well, most of the reviews centered around this particular aspect of the book and many readers just, for some reason, couldn't handle it. People kept saying they didn't like it because it made them 'think' when they read. Imagine that!! Having to 'think' when you read, oh my. I thought it was genius. The author's name is is Leah Bobet. I was so invested in Leah's characters, and expecting at the least one more book, that I was floored when she Emailed. Being able to get some 'tastey tidbits' from A.G. about Unhinged, that same day, really helped me out of my blue funk. :)

message 47: by A.G. (last edited Jul 13, 2013 08:35AM) (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "The book was Above, and it was fabulous. The author wrote this particular 'jargon' used by one of the main characters because he had been cut off from society 'above' and had developed an odd speec..."

OMGosh! I've heard of that book! I've had the cover on my fave book covers pinterest board for 6+ months. It's gorgeous! Now I really want to read it because I LOVE books that make you use your brain. I'm sorry she didn't get to do a sequel. :( But I'm happy the teasers for UNHINGED helped a little. ;)

message 48: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments Ohh, I have also heard of this book. People are really odd sometime's, when I read "Clockwork Orange" it took a bit to understand the slang that was used. Same thing with some of Penelope Fletcher's character's and I enjoy it. The Master & Command series was difficult at times to understand due to the heavy use of nautical terminology which I have/ had NO understanding of... "Had to think" what a entirely ludicrous reason not to enjoy a book? The "thinking" is the best part ?
I'm also enjoying the unhinged teasers but they are doing exactly that... Teasing the hell out of me! I want it NOW ( I tried to channel Varuca Salt ( Sp) from the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka, I never saw the new one.
I'm going to check out Above right now. Don't worry La La, I get SUPER emotionally invested in characters also. I miss being part of their world. I'm almost never ready to say goodbye to a book friend. However I do sometimes visit my fav's by opening the book to where ever and just settle back in with the gang. After I read it I'll probably find you to commiserate about it.
On a brighter note ... Everyday that passes is a day closer to Unhinged ! So... Got any quotes or teasers coming up A.G.? I do hope so:)

message 49: by Tara (new)

Tara Shaw (bookjunquette) | 87 comments Waaaaaaaah!! *Wild puppet arm flails!* MORPHEUS!!!

message 50: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Tara wrote: "Waaaaaaaah!! *Wild puppet arm flails!* MORPHEUS!!!"

LOL! You're going to have to find a gif of this reaction, just so I can finally see it live and in person. ;)

« previous 1