Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
This topic is about Glass Houses
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires #1) by Rachel Caine → Start Date: June 30, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Kathy | 7950 comments Trisha, Trinity and I are reading the 1st book in the Morganville Vampires series, feel free to join us or if you just want to chat! :)

Trinity Omg im going so much on buddy reads !!! :)

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments lol yes, lots of buddy reads! I had to organize myself otherwise I would forget and miss all my buddy reads! I have mine all set up so I have a list of when everything is!

Yay! I've wanted to read this book for a long time. I'm excited!!!

Kathy | 7950 comments I know!! I have a calendar and the challenge tracker!! I need extra help! The calendar helps me to see it all at once and how many for the week and everything! I just need to stay off the "need a buddy read" thread and I'll be good or learn to say no! lol :P

message 5: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) This series has been sitting on my shelf for a while. I might join you guys if I'm in the mood to read a long vampire series. (because I'm reading House of Night which is dragging)

message 6: by Kathy (last edited Jun 06, 2013 09:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments Beatrice wrote: "This series has been sitting on my shelf for a while. I might join you guys if I'm in the mood to read a long vampire series. (because I'm reading House of Night which is dragging)"

OMG!! That series needs to end already! Did you hear that instead of just one more book, now there are 2 more!!! But I have to finish it, I torture myself because I have to see Neferet eat it and die!! lol :D

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments oh no! am I really starting another "never ending" series! ugh! LOL!

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments oh wait....*phew* is it just "house of night" that is never ending

I dropped that series a while ago :D

Kathy | 7950 comments Trisha wrote: "oh wait....*phew* is it just "house of night" that is never ending

I dropped that series a while ago :D"

Yeah, now it's 12 books! Just end it already!! :(

Kathy | 7950 comments This one is 15 books? Did I see that right? But maybe it's better than House of Night! Zoey is just whinny and annoying!

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments hahahahahaha!!!I can't believe I do this to myself.

15 book series.
LOL well, hopefully we like it enough to keep going!

message 12: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I don't know why enjoyed it, but honestly it's dragging. I just want Neferet dead or Zoey choose ONE guy in her f****** life. (sorry but she's a getting on my nerves)

Anyways, I have the first 8 books of Morganville Vampire Series. It was recommended to me by my friend and she says it's good. Hopefully I will like this :)
this series is longer though.

message 13: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Yes! this has 15 books. 15!!! Unbelievable. This is going to beat my record for House of Night

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes!! I've heard good things too, so hopefully!!

@Beatrice, I know right!! Just pick one already!!! Geez! lol!

message 15: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) If she's not going to pick one, I'll steal one of hers. :)) *but she wouldn't mind* hahaha!

Kathy | 7950 comments Beatrice wrote: "If she's not going to pick one, I'll steal one of hers. :)) *but she wouldn't mind* hahaha!"

lol Which one are you on? I've read them all and waiting on the last 2!

Morganvillechic | 301 comments This series is SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 18: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Kathy wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "If she's not going to pick one, I'll steal one of hers. :)) *but she wouldn't mind* hahaha!"

lol Which one are you on? I've read them all and waiting on the last 2!"

Same. I'm waiting for the last 2

message 19: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan | 7 comments Want to read the series so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy | 7950 comments Morganvillechic wrote: "This series is SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..."

LOL!! Thanks Morganvillechic!! Have you read them all then?

Kathy | 7950 comments Beatrice wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "If she's not going to pick one, I'll steal one of hers. :)) *but she wouldn't mind* hahaha!"

lol Which one are you on? I've read them all and waiting on the last 2!"..."

I just hope Zoey makes her eat it good!! We deserve a good ending with all we have put up with! lol :D

Kathy | 7950 comments Megan wrote: "Want to read the series so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You can join us if you want!!! More the merrier! :)

Morganvillechic | 301 comments Almost i haven't read the newest one yet I've only read up to Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13) by Rachel Caine (I've read this one I'm just waiting to get Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14) by Rachel Caine )

Kathy | 7950 comments Morganvillechic wrote: "Almost i haven't read the newest one yet I've only read up to Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13) by Rachel Caine (I've read this one I'm just waiting to get Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14) by Rachel Caine )"

Ok, I'm really looking forward to this one and thanks again! :)

message 25: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan | 7 comments Kathy wrote: "Megan wrote: "Want to read the series so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You can join us if you want!!! More the merrier! :)"

Thanks, I think I will. :) It sounds so good and everybody is giving it 5 and 4 stars which makes me want to read it even more.

Kathy | 7950 comments Megan wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Megan wrote: "Want to read the series so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You can join us if you want!!! More the merrier! :)"

Thanks, I think I will. :) It sounds so good and every..."

I know! I love it when a series is really good and all I want is to read the next one! Glad you can join us!! :)

message 27: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) I think I might join this buddy read too!

Kathy | 7950 comments Trinity wrote: "I think I might join this buddy read too!"

Yay Trinity!! :)

Trinity Yay ! im happy so many ppl want to read this book :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, you know I'm in. :-)

Trinity lol cool ! :) i cant wiat to start ! :)

Trinity whenever im so excited im sometimes mispell things :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay Becky!! lol :D

message 34: by Becky (last edited Jun 08, 2013 08:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yay, I definitely have this on my shelf, and my copy also includes #2, The Dead Girls Dance, so I'm gtg for the 30th, on my calendar it goes!

The Morganville Vampires, Vol. 1 (The Morganville Vampires, #1-2) by Rachel Caine this is my cover. I think it's beautiful. Probably why I bought it in the first place, lol!

message 35: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments okay, I'm hoping to get 2 books read today and then I'll be read to start this one tomorrow!!

Is everyone else ready?? :D

Kathy | 7950 comments Yep! I'm so ready for this one! So excited!! :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm ready - i'm in the middle of 3 books, but i'm just going to pile this one right on top of all of them! Good thing I love to read, lol!

message 38: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments lol just pile them on! that's hilarious!!! :D We're a glutton for punishment I guess!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "lol just pile them on! that's hilarious!!! :D We're a glutton for punishment I guess!"

Yup, and I love every second of it! I'm going to try to finish at least one of these tonight tho!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Totally Loving this so far - it's weird and creepy and I love it!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, just one question - what kind of parents (ones that won't let their daughter go to MIT or anywhere reputable) let their daughter to go po dunk texas to school WITHOUT A CELL PHONE???!?!?!?!?! MAKES NO SENSE TO ME!!!

I must say tho, that I adore this book so far! Love Eve, she's my favorite so far!

message 42: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments lol I know, right?!! Heaven forbid you go to MIT!!! LOL! But I think there may be a reason there we just don't know yet :)

Kathy | 7950 comments I haven't started yet! I'm trying to finish up The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner and then I'll start! :)

message 44: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments okay, 5 chapters in

the adventure is great! it is kind of creepy but the pace is really good and I really like all the characters so far

I mean (view spoiler)- but the creepy factor is definitely making this fun!!!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "okay, 5 chapters in

the adventure is great! it is kind of creepy but the pace is really good and I really like all the characters so far

I mean [spoilers removed]- but the creepy factor is defini..."

I totally agree! This is NOT what I was expecting, but that's even better! I just LOVE it. I'm hooked already, I can tell!

Don't know if you've gotten to it yet but there's a point when (view spoiler)

BTW, I LOVE EVE and SHANE! And Claire is being so brave!

Sarah (roxsminion) | 1 comments As many of you have heard by now, Rachel Caine is trying to raise funding to turn The Morganville Vampires into a web series! She already has the amazing AMBER BENSON attached to play Amelie!! It's all so exciting, but won't happen unless she can raise the $75,000 needed in the next NINE DAYS!! Please help spread the word, donate if you can, and let's make Morganville a reality!! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2...

message 47: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments yes, I think they mention that point (spoiler above) in chapter chapter 8 or 9

I'm 10 chapters in.
it just keeps getting better :) almost done!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I wholly agree Trisha. I'm on page 125 in the middle of chapter 10 now! WOW!

message 49: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments are you as worried as I am about her "plan"???!!!

ugh! I'm with the rest of the group, I'm not so sure this is a good idea.....

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "are you as worried as I am about her "plan"???!!!

ugh! I'm with the rest of the group, I'm not so sure this is a good idea....."

Ummmmm - YEAH! It is NOT, lol. It has disaster written all over it, but I know she's trying to protect Shane...

« previous 1