The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

Archives > Summer Books To Read

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
What books do you want to read this summer?

message 2: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rachel (starjoy899) | 842 comments Mod
I'm just going to give you the links to my top ten
1. I So Don't Do Spooky by Barrie Summy
2. I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison
3. Lunch-Box Dream by Tony Abbott
4. Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt
5. The Gift (Witch & Wizard, #2) by James Patterson
6. Bystander by James Preller
7. Entwined by Heather Dixon
8. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
9. Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins
10. United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6) by Ally Carter

Now if you want to read any of these books all you have to do is click on the cover.

message 3: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 29 comments GAME OF THRONES!

message 4: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

My best friend is reading that series now, but it's taking him 6 months!

message 5: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I really want to read Shatter Me, Graceling, and Shadow and Bone. My goal is to read 30 books this summer.

message 6: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

OOOOOOO I <3 GRACELING!!!!!:>)

message 7: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

(trying out new smiles)

message 8: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) Divergent, Insurgent, The Selection, The Elite, The Clockwork Angel, The Clockwork Prince, The Clockwork Princess, all six books in the Vampire Academy series, the five books in the Shadow Falls series, and the three books in the Unearthly series. Did I miss anything?

message 9: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) Oh I forgot The City of Ashes, The City of Glass, The City of Lost Souls, and The City of Fallen Angels.

message 10: by Princess (new)

Princess Mayo mortal instrument and i heart series <3

message 11: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Julia wrote: "Divergent, Insurgent, The Selection, The Elite, The Clockwork Angel, The Clockwork Prince, The Clockwork Princess, all six books in the Vampire Academy series, the five books in the Shadow Falls se..."

Thanks for listening to ALL of my suggestions Julia! Please don't give up on TMI!!

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments I think I'm just going to do some rereading this summer. I need to refresh my memory on my fav series.

message 13: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Sometimes e-reading is super fun! U can revisit ur fav parts!

message 14: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) I won't give up Rachel. I'm determined to read this series. The third book sounds good, I just have to make it through the second.

message 15: by Animal (new)

Animal Media Group (AMGLLC) | 3 comments "The Stereotypical Freaks"

The Stereotypical Freaks by Howard Shapiro

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments I love you avatar animal. I'm going to try to read some Peter s beagle books like Yasmin and the inn keepers song.

message 17: by Animal (new)

Animal Media Group (AMGLLC) | 3 comments Rachel wrote: "I love you avatar animal. I'm going to try to read some Peter s beagle books like Yasmin and the inn keepers song."

Thank you!!!!

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments @Elle

I So Don't Do Spooky is ok but the rest of the series is boring. Especially the third one. I couldn't even finish that one.

message 19: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Really?! I guess I will only read the first one then.

message 21: by Gabs (new)

Gabs Elle wrote: "I'm just going to give you the links to my top ten
3. Lunch-Box Dream by Tony Abbott
4. [book..."

Romeo and Juliet is good-if you have a dictionary to tell you what the heck they"re talking about. :)

message 22: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

yea...that's true. :)

message 23: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

G.K. wrote: "Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3) by Ally Carter Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1) by Ben Mikaelsen Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine [bookcover:Dewey: The Small-T..."

I <3 all of these books with the exception of Touching
Spirit. I haven't read that on yet.

message 24: by Angela (new)

Angela | 86 comments siege and storm, the evolution of Mara dyer, incarnate, how Zoe made her dreams (mostly) come true, the fifth wave, warm bodies, touch of frost, something strange and deadly, the year of luminous love, crash, the Lucy variations, unremembered, pulse, wanderlove, the lies that bind, breaking point, once, the darkest minds, unravel me...that's the list I have since I have those books already but there more on my iPad and I'll get new book when I go to the library so definitely more and new ones :D it's gonna be busy...

message 25: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Gabs wrote: "Elle wrote: "I'm just going to give you the links to my top ten
3. [bookcover:Lunch-Box Dream|9661..."

LOL

message 26: by ♪ℰʟɪzᴀʙᴇᴛʜ ▪❂▪ℋᴇʀᴏɴᴅᴀʟᴇ▪❂▪ (last edited Jun 24, 2013 02:59PM) (new)

♪ℰʟɪzᴀʙᴇᴛʜ ▪❂▪ℋᴇʀᴏɴᴅᴀʟᴇ▪❂▪ (elizabethisafangirl) My list is kind of long.....

Rot and Ruin (Benny Imura, #1) by Jonathan Maberry Partials (Partials, #1) by Dan Wells Looking for Alaska by John Green Paper Towns by John Green Override (Glitch, #2) by Heather Anastasiu Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) by Kami Garcia The Mortal Instruments Companion City of Bones, Shadowhunters, and the Sight The Unauthorized Guide by Lois H. Gresh Beastly by Alex Flinn Just One Day (Just One Day, #1) by Gayle Forman Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

message 27: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Sweet Evil, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Shadow and Bone, Halo, Graceling, Scarlett, The 5th wave, The Book Thief, Siege and Storm, The Lightning Thief and that whole series, the Lost Hero and that whole series, and the Iron King and possible that whole series if it's good.

message 28: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 3 comments I really would love to read entwined!!!!!! I tried to get the book from my local public library like one year ago but the book was always checked out! I may have to buy it......

message 29: by Carie (new)

Carie (cnclandell) | 124 comments @ Rachel and @ Elizabeth Herondale - I love your lists!! Some REALLY great books here :) I can't say enough good things about The 5th Wave, Daughter of S&B series, The Grisha series, The Sweet series, Rot & Ruin, and ANYTHING Percy Jackson, John Green, or Julie Kagawa ;)

I have way too many books in my TBR pile to mention them all, but I'd for sure like to read Scarlet, Unbreakable, Rebel Heart, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, Parallel, The Program, School Spirits, The Darkest Minds, and Reboot this summer. I'd also love to read either The Demon Trappers series or the Shadow Falls series, but not sure if I'll have time for either one. Can anybody recommend one or the other of these two series?? Are they any good?

message 30: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

The Shadow Falls Series is really good. I haven't read the other series tho. The first book of Shadow Falls is good but the subsequent ones are better. The Darkest Minds is amazing. I would definitely find time to read that this summer.

message 31: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Andrea wrote: "I really would love to read entwined!!!!!! I tried to get the book from my local public library like one year ago but the book was always checked out! I may have to buy it......"

same here!

message 32: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Meiyu♫Music♫Grammar♥and Lala-ing♥ wrote: "The rest of the heroes of Olympus books!I'm reading the lost hero currently"

That's a great series! I'm waiting for The House of Hades to come out!

message 33: by Stéphanie (new)

Stéphanie (stepinator) Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1) by Amanda Howells Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1) by Helen Fielding

These are all just simple, cute and funny summerbooks. I think they are prefect for when you are going on a holiday or something :)

message 34: by Celeste (last edited Jul 05, 2013 10:28PM) (new)

message 35: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audrey26) UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1) by Chanda Hahn With a Kiss by Stephanie Fowers
My two free kindle finds. :)

message 36: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I still want to finish the Hush, Hush books ( I abandoned Crescendo ), Graceling, Sweet Evil, Sweet Peril, Angelfall, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, the rest of the Gallagher series, Persuasion, and Eve.

message 37: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

My goal was to read 30 books this summer. So far I have read: Shatter Me, Broken Stone, Unravel Me, Cinder, Shadow and Bone, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Obsidian, Bloodrose, Onyx, Opal, Siege and Storm, Iron King, The Book Thief, Destroy Me, The Fifth Wave, The Testing, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover, Only the Good Spy Young, Out of Sight, Out of Time, What Really Happened in Peru, Scarlet, Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief.

message 38: by Carie (new)

Carie (cnclandell) | 124 comments Rachel wrote: "My goal was to read 30 books this summer. So far I have read: Shatter Me, Broken Stone, Unravel Me, Cinder, Shadow and Bone, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Obsidian, Bloodrose, Onyx, Opal, Siege and S..."

Wow!! That's amazing! Looks like you'll definitely make your goal :)

message 39: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audrey26) My orthodontist has a summer reading contest, where whoever reads the most pages gets $100, 2nd gets $50, and 3rd gets $20. Last year, I got 2nd place, bit this summer, I haven't been reading as much. :( I've still read a lot, though.
My goal for 2013 is 200 books, and I'm a little over 100 right now.

message 40: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaevernight) | 912 comments I wish my orthodonist did that, lucky.
I dnt think I really have a goal right now because I have books laying around everywhere, sitting there open because I stopped reading them, there's about three under my bed now and like 7 in a hazardest pile by my bed and like 16 on my hold shelf at the library, really sad because those three under my bed are worthy, but I'm being unfaithful and have decided to read the infernal devices instead.

message 41: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

The Infernal Devices! Read those! They are quick reads because you get so in to them....

message 42: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Carie wrote: "Wow!! That's amazing! Looks like you'll definitely make your goal :) "

Yup I'm at 24 books! The next 6 will most likely be: Frankenstein, Sweet Evil, Sweet Peril, Angelfall, Under the Never Sky, and Through the Ever Night. Possibly including Throne of Glass and Crescendo.

message 43: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) So far I've read Divergent, Insurgent, The Selection, The Elite, Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound, Last Sacrifice, Bloodlines, The Golden Lily, and The Indigo Spell. I re read City of Bones and am currently reading Frankenstein for school. Before school starts I would like to read City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Lost Souls, and City of Fallen Angels. Possibly also The Clockwork Angel, The Clockwork Prince, and The Clockwork Princess. And the only book in this entire list that I have read twice is City of Bones.

message 44: by Carie (new)

Carie (cnclandell) | 124 comments Rachel wrote: "Yup I'm at 24 books! The next 6 will most likely be: Frankenstein, Sweet Evil, Sweet Peril, Angelfall, Under th..."

Looks like you have some AWESOME books planned! I haven't read Frankenstein, but the rest are all favorites of mine :) (Possible exception of Crescendo--Nora drove my absolutely crazy in that one!! Patch, too!)

message 45: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I finished Sweet Evil! I love Kaidan Rowe. I love when they go partying/ working on New Year's Eve. It was so cool seeing them party and how they each work...

message 46: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas. Someone needs to read that and have a discussion with me about the ending! Im serious after reading the last page I have two words for u: mind blown.