Children's Books discussion

The Picture-Book Club > July 2013: Cats and Dogs (Master List and General Discussion)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (last edited Jun 25, 2013 05:03AM) (new)

Kathryn | 5476 comments Mod
In July we will read about cats and dogs. (Some of my personal favorite creatures on the planet!)

This thread is now devoted to the books that did not make our official six club reads for July. Please feel welcome to post about other picture books about cats and dogs here.

message 2: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 127 comments Only the Cat Saw was a favorite for my kids. Only the Cat Saw by Ashley Wolff

message 3: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

LauraW wrote: "Only the Cat Saw was a favorite for my kids. Only the Cat Saw by Ashley Wolff"

That's one of my favorites, too! :-)

message 9: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (dollymart) | 252 comments We just read this one last night and we really liked it:

Cat Talk

message 10: by Anime (new)

Anime Cartoon (mrreadreview) | 1 comments Grandma! Can I Get a Dog? is a fun book. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

message 11: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (dollymart) | 252 comments Our girls absolutely adore the book I Got Two Dogs

The Henry and Mudge and Mr. Putter & Tabby books are always favorites, too.

message 12: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Thank you all for the nominations! (And my apologies for getting to this a few days late. It's been a bit hectic around here with my little guy going through his three month growth spurt!)

It is now time to VOTE for the five books from our official nominations above that you would most like to read with the group. Please make your selections and post them in a comment below. Voting closes June 23rd. Thank you! :-)

message 13: by Manybooks (last edited Jun 18, 2013 08:44PM) (new)

message 14: by Cheryl, Newbery Club host (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 6104 comments Mod
They all look tempting, in their own way - I'll read whatever I can find that the rest of you choose. :)

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1077 comments Harry the Dirty Dog

"Let's Get a Pup!" Said Kate

Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea

Morris and Buddy: The Story of the First Seeing Eye Dog

Only the Cat Saw

There are so many. I should have chimed in during the nomination period, but I haven't been participating. I'll try to read the selected books this month.

message 17: by Jenny (last edited Jun 17, 2013 10:05AM) (new)

Jenny | 722 comments Arlo Needs Glasses This is darling and works especially well for the toddler/preschool age group.
Say Hello to Zorro!
The Dog Who Cried Wolf
Wabi Sabi
The Cat's Baton Is Gone: A Musical Cat-tastrophe

I am interested in Kamik: An Inuit Puppy Story, but it isn't available in my library system, so I'm not voting for it. It sounds wonderful though. If it is chosen, I would try to get it through ILL. Several of the titles others voted for aren't available in my system this time which is too bad. There are several I'd like to read.

message 19: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

The votes are in! I've decided to do six official selections this month to be fair to our furry friends -- three for cats, three for dogs ;-) Feel welcome to choose only five of them if you prefer.

CATS
Fog Cat
South
Wabi Sabi

DOGS
Good Dog, Carl
"Let's Get a Pup!" Said Kate
Say Hello to Zorro!

I hope you are all enthusiastic about the selections, able to obtain the titles, and eager to join our discussion in July! :-)

This now becomes the Master List and General Discussion thread for books about cats and dogs.