Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Sweethearts
This topic is about Sweethearts
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Sweethearts by Sara Zarr → Start Date: June 13, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Kathy | 7950 comments Trinity and I are reading this book, join us if you can!! :)

Trinity Cant wait !!!! and if anyone else wants to join that would b awesome !

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments i read that book a few Years back and that is an amazing book that got me into reading(: i wish y'all good luck with reading it!! hope everyone likes it!<3

Kathy | 7950 comments Thanks Tracy!! :)

Trinity Thank u !

Trinity Hey ill be reading this book starting today bcuz i have it in my nook with my library app and if i wait until this date i will hav eto return it and somebody is already waiting on the list for it so ill be starting it today

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok that's fine and my copy came in today too! :)

Trinity ok so we can start it but we wont say a thing until the 13th :)

Kathy | 7950 comments The whole point of the buddy read is to read together on the start date, we usually decide how much to read and then post a comment on how we like the book and so forth. Usually we make a post after about 5 chapters and then at the end we chat about the book.

If you want to start now that's fine with me and then when I read it on the 13th we can chat about it. :)

Trinity nvm i double checked the due date and its 19 days its bcuz i looked at the wrong book that was due on the 12 but i already started but ill stop and wait till the 13 i only got up to pg 4 so ill stop :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok!! I heard it was a really cute story and I can't wait to read it with you!! :)

Trinity YAY !!!!!! :) me too

Angela | 17787 comments I really liked this one! It's cute. :D

Trinity AHHH!!! June 13 is almost here !!!! :) XD

Kathy | 7950 comments Yep! Thursday!! :)

Trinity omg i got 10 books from the library and read 2 so far so i might finish 3 books b4 i have to read this one :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Trinity wrote: "omg i got 10 books from the library and read 2 so far so i might finish 3 books b4 i have to read this one :)"

That's awesome!! :)

Trinity Yes :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments If I get this one from the library in time, I'll be joining you guys. :) I might end up having to post a little late though.

Trinity its ok ! Once u get the book feel free to join . I hope u can :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Brianna, I hope you can join us and it's ok if you post late!!! :)

Trinity Countdown !!!!

2 DAYS LEFT !

Trinity oops i mean ..

3 DAYS LEFT !
( I thought today was the 11th )

Trinity Countdown !!!!

2 DAYS LEFT ! XD

Trinity 1 MORE DAY LEFT !!!!!!!!! xD i am so excited !!!!!!!

Kathy | 7950 comments Me too! I brought my copy home today! :)

Trinity i have it ready !!!!!! :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok, awesome! I wanted to ask you if you knew about the spoiler tags? I don't know if you're a spoiler or not, but I am!! Since Briana will be reading this book and posting later than us we need to make sure we tag our spoilers so that she doesn't see them until she's ready to. Here is the link for thread to see how to make a spoiler tag and if you have any questions you can ask me and I can help you!! :)
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Trinity No I know how to do spoilers lol and yes I am a spoiler :)
Briana is going to join us ?
And how many chapters are we going to read tomorrow ? I was thinking maybe up to Chapter 8 because the chapters are very short

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok great! I'm a huge spoiler!! lol

Yes Briana said she may join us, but it will probably be later and she'll be posting late.

8 chapters sounds good to me! I'm really excited for this one! :)

Trinity Me too! Everyone says it's a cute story. I want to start already xD

Kathy | 7950 comments lol :D

Trinity Ok im going to go now. Bye Kathy see you tomorrow!

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Thanks guys! I should be getting this one from the library pretty soon! :)

Kathy | 7950 comments You're welcome Briana! :)

Trinity Join in whenever you can! :)

Trinity I finished the 8 chapters!!!! :)

I don't really like (view spoiler)

Trinity What page are we gonna go up to tomorrow?
This book is SO cute!

Kathy | 7950 comments I haven't started it yet, but I'm getting ready to here in a few! I'll probably read more than just the first 8 chapters tonight cause I have another buddy read tomorrow and 2 on Saturday! I admit it I'm addicted to buddy reads! lol :)

Trinity Me too! I had to back out of some of mine because I was in WAY over my head on some of them :(

message 42: by Kathy (last edited Jun 13, 2013 09:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok I'm 8 chapters in and I really like it so far too. I like how we see from before when they were kids...even though it's hard to see that side of it and then when they are older and he's back and they're getting to know each other again.

Ethan (view spoiler)

Cameron (view spoiler)

Jenna (view spoiler)

Trinity Omg u said everything that I was thinking but didn't say them in words!

message 44: by Kathy (last edited Jun 14, 2013 07:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments Sometimes I get like that, where I can't fully put in words what I mean and what I want to say so I'm glad I could do that for you! :D

I'm in the middle of chapter 13

One thing I forgot to say (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments finished chapter 16

Alan (view spoiler)

Ethan (view spoiler)

Her mom (view spoiler)

Cameron (view spoiler)

I have to go to work, but I will read some more before I go in and while I'm on break! :)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Just got this from the library. :) I should be able to start it either tonight or tomorrow!!

Trinity Ok Brianna!!

Kathy | 7950 comments I'm done! I really liked it! It was very very sweet!

I can't wait for you guys to finish so we can discuss!! :)

Trinity I fold u it was an easy book to read lol but I might finish it tomorrow because I have other buddy-reads and I'm trying to finish this book.

(view spoiler)

message 50: by Brianna♥ (last edited Jun 15, 2013 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 645 comments Ok so I just started reading this. I'm on chapter 2.

First of all: Weird! I realized that this girl is exactly 8 days younger than me. If she turned 9 on October 18, 1998, that means she was born on October 18, 1989. That's 8 days after me! Lol

And is Vaughn her stepdad's last name? Did I miss that somewhere? <--- (Found it!) He must have adopted her?

« previous 1