Pamela Clare ~ Fan Group discussion

Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
This topic is about Striking Distance
I-Team Novels > Striking Distance #6 MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 140 (140 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 817 comments Mod
Coming in Nov 2013 Striking Distance

Her past is a secret—even to her.
Discovering it will be the most dangerous move of her life.

TV reporter Laura Nilsson, known as the "Baghdad Babe," spent eighteen months in an Al Qaeda compound after being kidnapped live on the air. Two years later, she's still wondering why.

No rescue mission in Javier Corbray's fourteen years as a Navy SEAL affected him the way Laura's rescue did. No woman has stirred his protective instincts the way she has. And he wants her more than he's ever wanted anyone.

As Laura and Javier's passion ignites, so does Laura's need to discover the mystery of her past. Especially when she learns that her abduction was not random—and that she's still a target for a killer with an impenetrable motive. Now Javier will have to rely on his skills to keep the woman he loves from being struck down before she dares uncover the truth.

message 2: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1381 comments Mod
YAY!!!!!!!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Can't wait!!!! Wonder if Kaleo will be narriator for the audio of this (hopefully it will be released on audio)??? Most likely since it's an I-Team book!!

message 4: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dorsey aka Wrath Lover wrote: "Can't wait!!!! Wonder if Kaleo will be narriator for the audio of this (hopefully it will be released on audio)??? Most likely since it's an I-Team book!!"

I think he's the one for them all. We have a Questions for Pamela thread. You should totally ask her there!

Questions for Pamela!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ I'm pretty sure he is but I'm going to ask!!!! Thanks Dhes!!!

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dorsey aka Wrath Lover wrote: "I'm pretty sure he is but I'm going to ask!!!! Thanks Dhes!!!"

I know you read my review of Skin Deep by Pamela Clare so you've already been made aware of this, but I. Am. In. Lust. With Kaleo!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "Dorsey aka Wrath Lover wrote: "I'm pretty sure he is but I'm going to ask!!!! Thanks Dhes!!!"

I know you read my review of Skin Deep by Pamela Clare so you've already been made aware of this,..."

You are not alone!!! I told you Karla almost ran her car off the road listening to him......There should be some kind of warning on the package for listeners LOL.......

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

LOL! A listener advisory!!

message 9: by ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ (last edited Jun 05, 2013 07:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "LOL! A listener advisory!!"

Exactly!!!!! I listen to a lot of audio books because of commuting (I have about 300 on my iPod alone) and I have several favorite narriator's and none of them were men until KG!!

message 10: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I've listened to only two full books, Striking Distance and First Grave on the Right narrated by Lorelei King. I enjoyed them both and hope to get more audio books!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "I've listened to only two full books, Striking Distance and First Grave on the Right narrated by Lorelei King. I enjoyed them both and hope to get more audio books!"

I'm a audiabe member so I get 2 books per month and I also buy CD's sometimes (Costco has great prices on audio CD's and my neighborhood used bookstore has them too for 50-60% off retail!!).

message 12: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wow! I'm on audible now, but I'm confused about how to use it.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "Wow! I'm on audible now, but I'm confused about how to use it."

You sign up for membership and pick your monthly plan (I do the 2 credits per month for $22.95 per month) it sounds like a lot but when you look at the cost of audio books its like getting 2 for 1.....hope that makes since to you??

message 14: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I signed up a few months ago and have 5 credits, but I'm afraid to buy anything because of to sure which device to register it to.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "I signed up a few months ago and have 5 credits, but I'm afraid to buy anything because of to sure which device to register it to."

Which devices do you have? I can listen on my Kindle Fire, iPod, or iPad...its not limited to one device Dhes.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ ** As long as you can download the audiable app to you device you can have multiple listening devices. My mom does her iPad and iPhone.

message 17: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

So I can't listen on my MP3 player?

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ If you can download the audiable app on it yes....or you can transfer from your PC (or whatever) to you MP3. I'm not exactly sure how but a friend does that with her MP3. Audiabe support staff is fantastic and they can walk you thru it at no charge (unlike Apple!!)

message 19: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I talked to someone already and he said it has to be iTunes, but I remember someone telling me, once upon a time, that you could listen to it on any device. I just don't know how to make that happen.

message 20: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

See, I have my iPad, but it's very cumbersome to carry around listening to the books. I have an iPod that my daughter gave me when she upgraded, but the battery lasts about 30 minutes. Not good! When my son leaves for Uganda, I'll take over his iPhone, but from what I understand, it doesn't have much space for stuff like this.

I have an old, cheap MP3 player that still works, and that's what I want to listen on.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "See, I have my iPad, but it's very cumbersome to carry around listening to the books. I have an iPod that my daughter gave me when she upgraded, but the battery lasts about 30 minutes. Not good! Wh..."

My friend picked up a Radio Shack MP3 player for $35 and she can load up to 10 books at a time. After she listens to them she deletes and adds new ones. There is a way!! Call customer support.

Plus add the app to your iPad and it will automatically add all your audio books so if you choose to use it they are there and when you purchase more books it will update your library automatically. IPhone are more tricky because people tend to use a lot of apps, videos, pictures, etc on them that take up storage.

message 22: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay, I'll ask them again, but they said it had to be an "i" registered device.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "Okay, I'll ask them again, but they said it had to be an "i" registered device."

Let me get the instructions from my friend and I'll email it to you.

message 24: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thanks, doll!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "Thanks, doll!"

Welcome, anytime! (maybe you should have a "How Do I...." thread since we were in tech mode here LOL)....talk to you tomorrow Dhes.

message 26: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

LOL! You might be right!

Night, cutie!

message 27: by Dauntless (new) - added it

Dauntless | 2 comments So, I just got through books 3-5 of the I-TEAMS series and I am sooooo in love!!! Finished Breaking Point last night and I have to say Zach & Natalie are the ultimate badass couple. Natalie is the type of heroine I absolutely adore; totally ready to do whatever she needed to survive.

Not one TSTL moment in that book or the third and fourth. Unfortunately, I really did not like Tessa. She drove me crazy with her complete lack of common sense and self-preservation. Loved Julian though.

Anyway, am I missing something?!? The MC for Striking Distance are completely new. Still looking forward to it but it seems out of the blue.... What about Holly's story!?!?!? I really wanted to read her HEA!!!

message 28: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Holly'll get a story, and yes, the main couple for SD are new, but Pamela won't leave the I-Team out of the loop. Laura is a reporter and that right there indicates the others we know will be there, and where they go, their bad ass men will follow.

message 29: by Dauntless (new) - added it

Dauntless | 2 comments Yay! Good to know. I was a bit confused when I saw the blurb. Can't wait

message 30: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dauntless wrote: "Yay! Good to know. I was a bit confused when I saw the blurb. Can't wait"

Me too, honestly. But no worries! Pamela will deliver an awesome story.

message 31: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm ready to fall desperately in lust with this one too.

message 32: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I'm ready to fall desperately in lust with this one too."

I know!! I'm more than ready to find out what happens with this couple!

message 33: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Will he be able to replace Julian in my mad lust!

message 34: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Will he be able to replace Julian in my mad lust!"

Can anyone??

message 35: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hmmm, it'd be awfully hard. Pun intended! hehe

message 36: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Heh. Heh. Heh.

message 37: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Awesome!!

Sylvia Day named Pamela Clare's STRIKING DISTANCE in her Must-Reads for Fall 2013!!!!

http://www.bookish.com/articles/autho...

elizabeth | 4 comments I wonder if Javier Corbray is connected to Zach McBride and maybe that's how she will tie everyone else in. Zach was a navy seal.

message 39: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I think she does a great job tying everyone together.

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) (ladyvigilante) | 2 comments Can't wait for this one!!!!!!!! I read the prologue Pamela posted on her blog and it is incredible!!!

message 41: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm looking forward to this too. Waiting for my newest book boyfriend!

message 42: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments elizabeth wrote: "I wonder if Javier Corbray is connected to Zach McBride and maybe that's how she will tie everyone else in. Zach was a navy seal."

I can answer that for you. He and Zach didn't know each other but know some of the same people.

The person he knows is Nate from SKIN DEEP. Nate served with a Marines Special Operations Team which worked as a backup for a SEAL team, and that SEAL team was Javier's. So he and Nate are best buds. :-)

message 43: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Awesome! Thanks, Pamela!

message 44: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Awesome! Thanks, Pamela!"

You're welcome! :-)

message 45: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thanks, Pamela!

message 46: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "Thanks, Pamela!"

I try to answer questions when I see them. :-)

Thank YOU!

message 47: by Keri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keri (keri_45) | 12 comments I can't wait!

message 48: by Vic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vic (vicaet) | 9 comments Great - loved Nate & Megan's story. Will be good to see more of them. Have been really looking forward to this book for some time and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Thankfully having so many of the books coming out in audio over the past year has helped with that. Yes, I'm another with OKD. ;)

message 49: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Vic wrote: "Great - loved Nate & Megan's story. Will be good to see more of them. Have been really looking forward to this book for some time and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Thankfully having so many ..."

Another OKD sufferer — and Kaleo's voice is the only fix. Sad! ;-)

Yes, you'll see more Nate and Megan (and Jack and Emily), as well as the other guys, especially Zach.

Not too much longer now!

message 50: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Check this out! Amazon Prime members can pre-order Pamela Clare's STRIKING DISTANCE in PAPERBACK for $4.79!!! http://www.amazon.com/Striking-Distan...

« previous 1 3