Pelham Lane Equestrian Centre discussion

Carlisle, Rhode Island > St. Joseph's Hospital

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by hey, it's layne. (last edited Jun 05, 2013 04:41PM) (new)

hey, it's layne.

hey, it's layne. Denver was rushed back for tests and now sat in a hospital bed, in a hospital dress with his phone, furiously texting his surprisingly worried mother. Sighing, he laid back as his head began to spin and some doctors came in. 'Mr. Spence, you have a mild concussion, nothing life threatening but well need to keep an eye on things. Nothing too heavy activity wise and make sure that you get a lot of rest.' The doctors brought him medicine and his clothes and he blushed slightly, looking up at Desiree. 'Um, I need to change. Unless you wanna stay and see my...stuff, you might want to step out.' He smiled flirtatiously and winked mischievously.

message 3: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments Des felt her whole face heat up at his comment and quickly spun on her heel and stepped out of the room. She waited out in the hallway and rested her back against the wall next to the door. "I guess nothing will stop his flirtatious ways" she muttered to herself as she waited for him to finish changing. She was glad to hear that he was alright, the whole time she waited for the doctors to run their tests had been hell and probably took ten years off her life. As she stared off into space she felt her cheap flip phone buzzing in the pocket of her jeans causing a frown to mar her innocent face; the only people that ever called her were Jason and her mother, one of which she did not wish to speak to. Once she had her phone out she looked down at the small, box shaped screen on the top which flashed the one name she didn't want to see:

MOM

The worry she had recently been relieved of returned full force, just for a completely different reason this time. The only times her mother ever called her was when something bad had happened or she needed more money for booze, sadly, Des was hoping this would be the latter of the two. The things her mother considered bad were not things that Des ever wanted to deal with, the last time her mother called was because her man-whore of the night had been piss drunk and refused to leave their apartment. Des had to leave work early and find someway to get him out, she almost got back handed several times that night. After letting out a deep breath she flipped the phone open and brought it to her ear "hello?"

hey, it's layne. Denver smirked slightly and winked at her, sliding his shirt off to reveal his incredibly toned chest muscles, coming out without a shirt on. 'Sorry, my shirt was kinda covered in horse shit.' He said, running a hand through his hair mischievously, winking at her. Denver shut up immediately as he heard her open her phone and slowly, shakily settled into the chair beside her. Denver had always been distant from his own parents; especially after the incident with his precious sister. The reason he was so humorous is because it covered up all those terrible, serious feelings- mainly anger- that he felt towards his parents. It kept him going, really.

message 5: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments When Denver walked out of the room she glanced up and was about to look away when she saw his chest and damn was it nice. Her eyes were glued to it, unable to look away till she was broken from her trance by the sound of her mother's incessant yelling on the other end of the phone. "I can't understand you, slow down" Des said, trying not to sound demanding, that didn't seem to work though. "Don't tell me what to do you murdering bitch!" her mother screeched on the other line causing Des to flinch at both the loudness and the pain her mother's words caused. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" Des rushed out, her voice timid and worried; she didn't want to anger her mother. "Whatever. Just get home immediately, there is some man at our door screaming at me to let him in. Get rid of him" were the words that her mother said, slurring a few as she spoke. Before Des even got the chance to respond her mother hung up.

Des let out a sigh as she snapped the phone shut and slipped it into her pocket. How she was suppose to get this guy to leave was beyond her, last time she had to remove someone from their home she threatened him with a kitchen knife. She doubted her mother would let her inside long enough to grab a knife this time, she'd have to find some other way to get him to go away. She didn't even know what the man could possibly want. Des buried her head in her hands as she thought of how wrong this could go and how little her mother actually cared if she was harmed somehow by this mystery man who could be a serial killer for all anybody knew. She had been so lost in her own thoughts when she forgot Denver was there at all.

hey, it's layne. 'I'm sorry, i know my attractiveness is blinding.' Denver said arrogantly and grinned, flexing his muscles as if he knew it'd draw her in further. Then, Denver could hear the complication of her mothers drunken slurs and he immediately drew her into his embrace, forgetting he was lacking a shirt. 'Dont worry, alright? You're not going. If she can get drunk and high or whatever the hell she's doing, then she can get him out. You're not going to risk your safety.' Denver said firmly, seriously, shaking his head. 'You mean to much to me as a friend and I can't let you take such a large risk.' He stated, staring down at her with such sweet, big blue eyes.

message 7: by Vasantha (last edited Jun 06, 2013 10:17AM) (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments Des' long, slim arms instantly wound around him in return as she buried her head in the crook of his neck. Honestly she could care less about whether he was shirtless or not, she didn't even really care who it was in that moment, she just wanted to be told everything would be alright. When she looked up at him and met his gaze she gave him the best smile she could form in her current state "are you actually being serious Denny-boy?" she asked him, her voice soft and craking slightly. "But don't worry about me Denver, I'll be fine. I've done it before, I can do it again. I can't leave her alone with some strange man trying to get into our place" Des told him, trying to give him a reassuring smile. What she said was true but in her mind she tacked on at the end that if she didn't do it her mother would be furious and there would be hell to pay when she went home at the end of the night. "Plus, if I don't get rid of him now he may just be there when I get home later anyway" she added on. Des wasn't all that thrilled that Denver had heard everything her mother said, the way her mother treated her wasn't something anyone really knew about and she wasn't sure how she was going to explain to him why her mother spoke to her that way.

hey, it's layne. 'I am worried about you, because you're going to be my wife and we're going to make beautiful babies someday,' He said suggestively, grinning for a moment as he held her tightly, stumbling a bit. 'But seriously, you're going to have to drive me home, anyway, with my truck, so its grounds for you to just stay with me. But no worries, no baby making will ensue, I promise.' He said firmly, 'If you don't agree, then I'm going with you. I'm not going to let you go alone!' He said, firmly once more.

((Sorry for shortness! I've had livestock shows all week :/))

message 9: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments Des let a soft, resigned sigh pass her lips "you're as stubborn as a mule" she mumbled. "Alright, then we will go to mi-" she stopped mid-sentence, changing her mind suddenly. She had to weigh her options: if she went home with Denver her mother would be beyond furious and she'd have hell to pay later, but if she went home and Denver went with her, he'd most likely meet her mother which was not a very appealing thought. After a moment of silence Des finally spoke. "If you promise to behave yourself, I will stay with you" she said hesitantly "but" she quickly added "you must promise to take me home right away in the morning so that I can get dressed and check on my mother" she said, her voice much more firm as she spoke. She was happy with her decision: staying with Denver meant not having to deal with her mother nor the male that seemed to be causing problems and her mother would still be asleep when she dressed, she most likely wouldn't have to face her drunken wrath till she got home later that night.

message 10: by hey, it's layne. (new)

hey, it's layne. 'Of course I'll behave, doll.' He winked mischeviously, bringing her into a tight hug. At this pint, he'd forgotten that he didn't have a shirt on, and was impulsively making a scene amongst the emergency room patient. 'Dessy, is your mother....does she hurt you?' He stumbled slightly as he leaned a little on her to hold himself up, making his way to his fancy sportscar. He gave her the keys quickly, settling himself in his own seat. 'I'll punch the directions in. You just drive, sweets.'

message 11: by Vasantha (new)

Vasantha (insanityisavirtue) | 44 comments Des was about to make a comment about his shirtless torso when she lost all words at his question. How was she to answer him? Nobody was to know anything about her home life, especially not the more...unpleasant parts. Denver already knew way more than he was meant to, than anybody was ever meant to. Her mother didn't raise her hand to Des very often, usually it was once a year but to be technical, she did hurt her, even if the physical part was rare, the emotional was a daily occurrence. With slightly shaky hands she slid the car key into the ignition. She cleared her throat before turning her eyes to Denver "Den, you don't need to worry about me. I'm alright" was all she said, neither confirming nor denying his suspicions. After flashing him a quick, reassuring smile that was more fake than real, she focused her attention on driving. She pulled out of the parking lot and started the drive to his place.