The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

Girl Stuff > Need Help?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 146 (146 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rachel (starjoy899) | 842 comments Mod
Is something bothering you? Come talk about it here!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookwise or girlstuffwise?

message 3: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Either I want to be here for you for everything!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

You sound like a really nice person, Elle!

message 5: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Thanx! I try. That really means a lot! I hope to bring everything I can to this group.

message 6: by Rea (new)

Rea Hi Elle! I <3 your name! I'm running for school secretary. Everyone knows me, but i'm scared to make a fool of myself.

message 7: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
Good luck! Don't be scared, you'll be great!

message 8: by Rea (new)

Rea No...it was insperational!!! THXS:D

message 9: by Rea (new)

Rea Its ok! I;m not a grammer nazi, don't worry:)

message 10: by Rea (new)

Rea sorry, I meant i'm

message 11: by Rea (new)

Rea :)

message 12: by Rea (new)

Rea LOL:)

message 13: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rea~the girl who can fly~ wrote: "Hi Elle! I <3 your name! I'm running for school secretary. Everyone knows me, but i'm scared to make a fool of myself."

Thanks and I'm also running 4 a class secretary position.

message 14: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

My real name is Rachel, but all my friends call me Elle, Raquel, Rashell, and Rach.

message 15: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Why has this happened? Did something tear you apart?

message 16: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Yeah, well let me know if there's anything I can do. Maybe this will all blow over. Keep me posted!

message 17: by Rachel , The Attentive One (last edited Jun 06, 2013 05:21PM) (new)

Ana wrote: "I don't even know. But we're all so different, and they don't include me in anything anymore, and I mean anything. And I'm sick and tired of them being rude, so I think it's for the best, but it st..."

I went through the same situation when I was in 6th grade. My friends and I were growing apart. They were rude and mean to people who we weren't friends with. We were too different. It hurt that we were pulling away. I became friends with other people in my classes and started eating lunch with them. Now they are my best friends. We like the same things. They are kind. And I'm glad that I'm friends with them instead.

I know it hurts but you might want to think it over and question if you still want to be friends with these people.

message 18: by Rachel , The Attentive One (last edited Jun 06, 2013 05:30PM) (new)

Ana wrote: "Rachel wrote: "I went through the same situation when I was in 6th grade. My friends and I were growing apart. They were rude and mean to people who we weren't friends with. We were too different. ..."

That's great! I know it will hurt a little, leaving your other friends that you've been friends with, but it's probably for the best. And it's great to be friends with nice people who love to read as much as you do. I'm here for you! So like Elle, tell me what happens.

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments I hope everything works out. I went through the same thing when I told my friends I was switching schools; they acted like I told them I had the plague or something. :). I only talk to one of them now but I feel like of that's all it took to break our friendship then there was no true heartfelt friendship. I hope it works out better for you guys!

message 20: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

dito

message 21: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

I'm so sorry. Again, i'm here 2 help.

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments If you think the friendship is worth saving then you should try to save it but its all up to you.

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments To me worth saving means that the friendship was something you treasured. Know that sounds very...cheesey nearly, but that's the only advice I have. Good luck!

message 24: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rachel wrote: "To me worth saving means that the friendship was something you treasured. Know that sounds very...cheesey nearly, but that's the only advice I have. Good luck!"

Ana wrote: "Rachel wrote: "If you think the friendship is worth saving then you should try to save it but its all up to you."

You see, everyone keeps telling me that, but I don't understand what 'worth saving..."

It sounds as if you are hesitant to be friends again. Go with your gut instinct, but I also believe in second chances if they truly are sorry.

message 25: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Has anything happened yet Anna?

message 26: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Did you come up with a course of action?

message 27: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments @Ana

I know I'm totally late coming into this conversation but I'll give u the same advice i always give when people dont know what to do: what do u want to do? (Yeah i give weird advice lol.) It seems to me like u have two choices and one is better than the other. Go for that one. Which one hurts less? Which one hurts more? Sometimes the one that hurts less isn't the one that u really want and sometimes it is. It's all up to u but friends r just friends. Some go and some stay. The good friends r the ones that'll be with u through anything.

message 28: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 29 comments I think that a friendship worth saving means that you aren't afraid of being associated with them and what they do, and you want to keep them with you, including all that they do. For me, I think actions speak louder than words, but if you really think they are sorry, give them a second chance. If they blow the second chance, don't bother with a third chance. They chose their path.

message 29: by Ashley (last edited Jun 17, 2013 04:46PM) (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Aww Ana things will be ok....eventually. I'm not going to lie and say everything will be immediately better but all you gotta do is suck it up and get through it. If you're in middle school then things will probably be better in high school. More people, more chances to make a new friend. If you're in high school...then you better count down the days until you can get out and into college. But remember school first so don't feel too bad about this and just focus on school work. Most people go through ur situation too. Heck I was like you not too long ago. If u want to talk I'm here :)

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Girls like that r just mean (I was going to use a not so nice word rhyming with witch but I don't want to swear). Besides books can totally keep u company.

message 31: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Ashley wrote: "Girls like that r just mean (I was going to use a not so nice word rhyming with witch but I don't want to swear). Besides books can totally keep u company."

Books and us!

message 32: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Lol yeah.

message 33: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Don't worry we'll always b here 4 you.

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Thx :) what r GR friends for?

message 35: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

U know it! And hey, If we do go some ware there's a million other people on here!

message 36: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Thanks, I know! LOL :P

message 37: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Ana wrote: "I have given them more than enough chances. Finally today, I decided we couldn't be friends anymore after something in school happened. I realized no one likes me. I don't know what's wrong with me..."

I am very late in this conversation (sorry)! Aw I am so sorry. You deserve better. You don't need those girls! I know its hurts now but it will get better eventually. A few books will cheer you up! I am sure you will find new great friends. You seem like a very nice person and if I went to your school, I'd be chasing after you attempting to be your friend (wow that sounds weird I hope you get my point tho). Adding to what Ashley says, yes, girls are mean. They are moody and bratty and gossipy and such. There are some nice decent ones tho. Look for friends in those people. Not the mean gossip girls. Once again I am so sorry and feel better soon. I'm here for you so if you ever need to talk to someone, I'm here for you and you can message me at anytime. I'm always online. And remember, you are awesome and you are better off without those _____________.

message 38: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Ana wrote: "I thought those girls were the decent type. I thought they were. No one else at our school can be considered friendly towards me, so oh well. I'm moving soon (Date currently unknown, we want to mov..."

Always!! I was glancing at your profile (not creepily) and saw that you travel a lot? Where have you been? My family and I love traveling around the world :)

message 39: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

LUCKY!! I've always wanted to go to UAE but my dad is paranoid. I've recently been to South Africa (in February). I've been to France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, other European places, Brazil, India, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Bahamas, Tunisia, Hawaii, and more places I can't remember to list. At the end of this summer we are going to South Asia for two weeks: Macau, Hong Kong, and Bangkok. My mother is from the Philippines so next summer we will spend three weeks in her home country. Isn't traveling so much fun?

message 40: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

We stayed in a few cities. Portugal was nice and I liked the food :) You're jealous?! You've traveled so much too!!

message 41: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Oh my gosh! U guys r sooooo lucky! I've only been to a few cities outside my country (which is Canada btw) and I haven't been anywhere in Europe, Africa, South America, or Australia! Ugh I'm so jealous!!!!

message 42: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Ashley wrote: "Oh my gosh! U guys r sooooo lucky! I've only been to a few cities outside my country (which is Canada btw) and I haven't been anywhere in Europe, Africa, South America, or Australia! Ugh I'm so jea..."

LOL... The only country other than my own (US) that I've been to is Canada! I have, however been to 39 of the 50 states!

message 43: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

cool! I do love America :)

message 44: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Thanks, I feel like it's a fairly good country, but like every other country we have our faults. I live in the Northeast region of the US.

message 45: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Same! I live in Philadelphia.

message 46: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Hey! I live in Upstate NY!

message 47: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

There are some kids from the city that if you say that to them will say What part of the City is that?

message 48: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

LOL!! Who doesn't like to miss school? Where did u go in NY?

message 49: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

I like school, but sometimes I like to get away. My mum works at a University an hour and 1/2 away, so sometimes she takes me out of school for an "Educational Field Trip" to go there and shadow someone who handles public relations in their area. Last time I went I got to edit their magazine!

message 50: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I missed 7 days of school when we went to South Africa this year. I had to make up a lot of tests and some school work,
but some things are just busy work...
I start missing school after a while tho.

« previous 1 3