The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

New Members and General Stuff > Currently Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,442 (2442 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 48 49

message 1: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rachel (starjoy899) | 842 comments Mod
What are you currently reading?

message 2: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
I'm reading the second Nightshade book, Wolfsbane

message 3: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 29 comments I am currently rereading a ton of books, sooo...

message 4: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Go ahead and list them! It's okay.

message 5: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

I'm currently reading My Life Next Door, Cinder, and Pride and Prejudice.

message 6: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

OOOOHHHH!!!!!! I <3 all of Rick Riordan's books! That book is my fav. though.

message 7: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 29 comments I am re-re-re-reading PJO, HOO, Beka Cooper, Song of the Lioness, Artemis Fowl, LOTR, Hardy Boys, and... ummm... there were more, but I forgot them....

message 8: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

I loved the entire Song of the Lioness series! So action packed and I just love books with a strong independent girl lead.

message 9: by Lara (new)

Lara (laracinaroglu) | 10 comments I am currently reading Cascade. So far so good! It's actually the second book of Waterfall.

message 10: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I'm reading Unravel Me, Blood Rose, Ex Libris confessions of an avid reader, and Broken Stone.

message 11: by Gabs (new)

Gabs I am reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments I am reading Beautiful Creatures. So far it's really good, and I haven't even read 100 pages yet!

message 13: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Do you think I should read it? I saw the movie trailer and wasn't really interested. I'll read it if people like it tho.

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments Well I first saw the movie and I really liked it. It has to do with witches but it's totally different. The characters are interesting too. So far I'm really liking the book, but I won't recommend it until I have finished it. I've heard mixed reviews from readers, some people like it, some others don't. Once I've finished it I'll let you know ;)

message 15: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Ok thanks!

message 16: by Lara (new)

Lara (laracinaroglu) | 10 comments I just finished Cascade! I am getting the third book, Torrent.

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Ndaba | 91 comments Graceling (Kristin Cashore)
Gates of Paradise (Melissa De La Cruz)
City of Lost Souls (Cassandra Clare)
A Feast for Crows (George RR Martin)
& I started Beautiful Darkness (the sequel to Beautiful Creatures) but I got bored so I doubt I'll pick it up again anytime soon... But that's it.

message 18: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

how is Graceling? Im going to read it sometime this summer, I'm just not sure when...

message 19: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Lara wrote: "I just finished Cascade! I am getting the third book, Torrent."

Is the series good?

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Ndaba | 91 comments Rachel wrote: "how is Graceling? Im going to read it sometime this summer, I'm just not sure when..."

I just started it myself, so far its good, I'm liking Katsa quite a bit, its great to finally read about a strong tough as nails girl ;)

message 21: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Amanda wrote: "Rachel wrote: "how is Graceling? Im going to read it sometime this summer, I'm just not sure when..."

I just started it myself, so far its good, I'm liking Katsa quite a bit, its great to finally ..."

Have u read Fire or Bitterblue yet? I rated the entire series 5 stars!! One of my favs. of all time! :D

message 22: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Also a really good book. I didn't like the Son of Neptune though. Mark of Athena was great!! :D

message 23: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I have to read all of these Rick Riordan books this summer.

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Ndaba | 91 comments Elle wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Rachel wrote: "how is Graceling? Im going to read it sometime this summer, I'm just not sure when..."

I just started it myself, so far its good, I'm liking Katsa quite a bit, its gr..."

Not quite haven't gotten so far but are those books from Katsa's perspective?

message 25: by Lara (new)

Lara (laracinaroglu) | 10 comments I just finished Torrent by Lisa T Bergren about 10 minutes ago. Now I will re-read Bloodlines and Golden Lily so that I can read The Indigo Spell for the first time :)

message 26: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I love Bloodlines! And Adrian :)

message 27: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Currently I'm reading Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales and I will be starting Past Perfect by Leila Sales next! :D

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Ndaba | 91 comments I also just started Gallagher Girls, I'm on book 2. Its pretty awesome ;)

message 29: by Princess (new)

Princess Mayo currently reading Towering by Alex flinn and Pushing the Limits by Katie Mcgarry

message 30: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Rozzotto (jrozzotto) | 23 comments I'm reading Mystic by Alyson Noel.

message 31: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I'm reading Cinder now :)

message 32: by Caelyn (new)

Caelyn Haupini (finnick_ohdear) I'm reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone right now, its so great, I started it day before llast and I'm almost finished :D

message 33: by Caelyn (new)

Caelyn Haupini (finnick_ohdear) (There is a pile of library books sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read after this)
-beautiful creatures
-beautiful creatures: the manga
-partials
-let it snow
-supernaturally
-endlessly
-fractured light
-how to fall
-witch & wizard
-delirium
-the unbecoming of Mara dyer

message 34: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Caelyn wrote: "I'm reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone right now, its so great, I started it day before llast and I'm almost finished :D"

Yay now I'm really excited to read it! We are going on vacation for 10 days and I was trying to narrow down which books to bring. Are four books enough? I've chosen Percy Jackson and The Lightning thief (because embarrassingly enough I haven't read Rick Riordan's yet), Shadow and Bone, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and The Book Thief.

message 35: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rachel wrote: "Caelyn wrote: "I'm reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone right now, its so great, I started it day before llast and I'm almost finished :D"

Yay now I'm really excited to read it! We are going on vaca..."

You should be embarrassed beyond belief! The Percy Jackson series was my grade's book series for 2 years! If you weren't through the 3rd book by the end of our 5th grade year it was considered a tragedy!

message 36: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Now most of the kids in my grade have moved on to the Hunger Games, but for us Percy Jackson enthusiasts we are awaiting The House of Hades. I personally have read all the way through Mark of Athena and I've read the Hunger Games.

message 37: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Haha yeah. I've always liked reading but I became addicted to reading last summer so I missed the Percy Jackson hype years. I picked the book up in 8th grade but it was a really easy read so I stopped. My friend Julia ardently devours Riordan books and since she's followed all of my book suggestions, I decided I'd try again.

message 38: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Elle wrote: "You should be embarrassed beyond belief! The Percy Jackson series was my grade's book series for 2 years! If you weren't through the 3rd book by the end of our 5th grade year it was considered a tragedy! ."

Haha don't worry, I'm hanging my head in shame...

message 39: by Gabs (new)

Gabs I am reading Cinderella in Skates by Carly Syms . It's not exactly a retelling like I thought it would be, but I really like it.

message 40: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Oh! I'll have 2 check it out. :D

message 41: by Noa (new)

Noa (dancequad13) | 35 comments reading TTFN (what does that mean?)and Avalon high

message 42: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I'm reading Shadow and Bone. It. Is. So. Good.

message 43: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hopeless-wanderer) I'm currently reading Magyk :)

message 44: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Now I'm reading the Book Thief and Obsidian.

message 45: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malbookreviewer) | 14 comments I am reading The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan

message 46: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahroboto) | 92 comments Currently reading the 6th and final Vampire Academy book :( sniff sniff

message 48: by Gabs (new)

Gabs Noa wrote: "reading TTFN (what does that mean?)and Avalon high"

Ta-ta for now, I think? (that is according to Tigger, of course xD)

message 49: by Gabs (new)

Gabs Elle wrote: "Oh! I'll have 2 check it out. :D"

I think you'd like it! I thought it was a pretty great book. :)

message 50: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Now I'm reading the second book in the Lux series, Onyx. I love the main character Katy because she loves reading :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 48 49