Murders & Mysteries discussion

General Discussions > Can you guess the ending?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margo (new)

Margo (maothrockmorton) | 4 comments Mod
When you are reading or watching a really good mystery can you always figure out the ending? Or is it a sign of a really good book/show when you are surprised?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I like being able to figure out a few things along the way, keeps the reader engaged, but when an author/show can pull a big twist at the end it's even more exciting and impressive!

message 3: by Antonio (new)

Antonio (Totoy17ny) | 1 comments Most of the times I can figure out who done it, but I like to be surprise in the end!

message 4: by Vallsykes (new)

Vallsykes | 4 comments Rarely have I read a mystery where it was hard to narrow down the culprit or the ending. While, I like surprise twists, I prefer plausible exposition. I also don't mind dramatic irony drizzled into the plot as well.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin Horton | 1 comments I like when I can't figure it out. I figure out the endings of so many of them... I know it's good when I can't.

message 6: by Nassim (new)

Nassim Khaled | 1 comments Vallsykes wrote: "Rarely have I read a mystery where it was hard to narrow down the culprit or the ending. While, I like surprise twists, I prefer plausible exposition. I also don't mind dramatic irony drizzled int..."
I totally agree with Vallskes. I prefer plausible exposition. When there is a farfetched ending, I tend to dislike the twist. I recently authored a short mystery novel on Kindle, The Box of Jawhara, and I made sure that the ending wasn't farfetched.

message 7: by The (new)

The Killer | 2 comments Dear Members,
One always has immense intrigue about subjects related to future & personality traits.Here is a book that offers a reader a homogeneous mixture of both with an ounce of mystery & suspense.A quick read with an engaging plot,the story is set in Mexico & NYC engages the readers to visualize a simple boy next door turning into a serial killer.The challenge is he leaves no signs behind...SIMPLY ENGAGING & HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDThe Killer Loop

message 8: by Cinthya (new)

Cinthya Mori (cinthya_mori) | 1 comments I´ve NEVER been able to guess what would happen at the end, most of the times I think I´ve solved the mistery but it never happens as I´d thought ): But I think that that is the best part of all, I don´t like to know the ending before I´ve read it (:

message 9: by Mahree (new)

Mahree Moyle | 5 comments Can you guess the ending of my book? It took me 33 years. I wrote "The Kennedy Half-Dollar" when I found out my ending. The Mafia followed my for many years and I never knew why. Luckily, it won't take you 33 years. Then there are still many questions that haven't been answered. Maybe seeing from the outside in, you can answer some of the questions. Also, can you figure out the murder by what is given in the book?The Kennedy Half-Dollar

message 10: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 38 comments Sarah wrote: "I like being able to figure out a few things along the way, keeps the reader engaged, but when an author/show can pull a big twist at the end it's even more exciting and impressive!"

I agree, Sarah, it's satisfying for me as a reader to be able to figure things out on the way - it makes me feel smart! But then I want to be startled and taken aback at the end - otherwise, I feel a bit cheated. I want the writer to pull one over on me, so I get a nice shock!