RiseUp! discussion

Movies > Narnia

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 4058 comments Mod
Anyone seen it?

message 2: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) Seen it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, it was amazing!

message 4: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments I love all three Narnia films :)

message 5: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Mojoboy31 | 3210 comments Mod
The first one is just... An amazing movie.

message 6: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 101 comments I've seen all of them but I don't think I watched all of the voyage of the dawn treador
I've seen
Prince caspian
The lion the witch and the wardrobe and the other one.
I like the first one the best

message 7: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

I'm right there with you, Chantae. The first one is the best.

message 8: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

No way. I loved the third the most! Then the first and then the second.

message 9: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

I heard a rumor that they aren't making any more :(

message 10: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "I heard a rumor that they aren't making any more :("

I heard they were making Silver Chair... Not sure where I heard that, or if it's true.

message 11: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 101 comments You can go on imdb and see

message 12: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Yea. I heard they dropped it or whatever. If you ask me, I think someone probably complained about suddenly realizing the hidden story behind it all. So they stopped it quick.

message 13: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 101 comments What hidden story...... Now I'm curious

message 14: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Well it's pretty obvious when you look at what Aslan said in the last movie. He told them he would be with Edmund and Lucy in their world always, but there they he was known under a different name and that they needed to learn about him. Also in the first movie Aslan was killed upon the stone table (the cross) and then rose again. You get it now?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I know that they are definitely making The Silver Chair. I saw on youtube some movie theatre interview guys talking about it. What got me mad was that they said that the 3rd movie was terrible! But they are making another movie. :)

message 16: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) I don't really like the idea of them remaking Silver chair only because Puddleglum won't be played by Tom Baker. Other than that I think that it will be quite good.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, he was a great actor!

message 18: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

When will the new one come out, do you know?

message 19: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Paige, I think The Silver Chair movie won't be coming out until 2015 (Or at least, that's what I've heard via NarniaFans.com. I am disappointed that Andrew Adamson won't be directing it like he did for the first and second Narnia movie. I might watch it to see how it measures up with a different director and to see which cast members they chose for the characters. For some reason, Andrew lost the directing rights, so he didn't get to direct The Voyage of the Dawn Treader either. My guess is that the C.S Lewis foundation didn't think that he did the books justice (Because the movie characters have changed personalities from what they are in the book, some of the plot lines are changed.) Personally though I thought he did a great job, you have to make some changes from book to movie, because there are some things that can't work on screen like they can on the pages of a book.

message 20: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (last edited Dec 02, 2013 03:56PM) (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
I absolutely loved the first movie. It was perfect! No complaints!!!

Woah! They're making the Silver Chair?!??! That is so exciting!

The White Witch is the same as the Green Witch right? So I assume Tilda Swinton gets another big role? (lucky you, Mojo)

message 21: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Dee wrote: "I absolutely loved the first movie. It was perfect! No complaints!!!

The White Witch is the same as the Green Witch right? So I ass..."

I agree with you Dee. The first movie makes me feel good, it's full of fantasy and adventure

message 22: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Dee wrote: "The White Witch is the same as the Green Witch right? So I assume Tilda Swinton gets another big role? (lucky you, Mojo)
"

BWahahaha!!!

message 23: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments My dad loves the White Witch lol :p He mainly will only sit down to watch the Narnia films for her.

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (gwenhyver42) Dee wrote: "I absolutely loved the first movie. It was perfect! No complaints!!!

The White Witch is the same as the Green Witch right? So I..."

Nope... Not the same... They might choose to use the same actress (I think the old movies did), but it's definitely not the same character.

message 25: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Jennifer wrote: "Nope... Not the same... They might choose to use the same actress (I think the old movies did), but it's definitely not the same character "

Okay. I was looking it up the other day, and I think some people interpret her to be the same, but I have no idea!

Mojoboy31 wrote:
"

BWahahaha!!!"

LOL, Just for you! ;)

Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "Dee wrote: "I agree with you..

Well, thanks!

message 26: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Is Edmund in that one? That's all I care about ;P

message 27: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Is Edmund in that one? That's all I care about ;P"

Edmund isn't in the Silver Chair. Sorry to disappoint :/ It's another story with Diggory and Polly.

message 28: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Aw, come on! -_-

message 29: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Aw, come on! -_-"

I understand. I was disappointed when Susan wasn't in Voyage of the Dawn Treader. She DID have a cameo, but to me that doesn't count all the way.

message 30: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Eh, like I said, I didn't really care that the others weren't in the movie. I loved Voyage of Dawn Treader cause Edmund had such a big part in it.

message 31: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Eh, like I said, I didn't really care that the others weren't in the movie. I loved Voyage of Dawn Treader cause Edmund had such a big part in it."

Why do you like him? Just wondering. Any specific reason?

message 32: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (gwenhyver42) Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Is Edmund in that one? That's all I care about ;P"

Edmund isn't in the Silver Chair. Sorry to disappoint :/ It's another story with Diggory and Polly."

.... No, it's a different pair. Eustace (who we originally meet in Voyage of the Dawn Treader) and Jill Pole.

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 23, 2013 08:50PM) (new)

My opinion:

They did it wrong.

See, the first movie was phenomenal! I loved it! But. They spent to much time between movies and the actors are growing up to fast! There is no possible way for them to make all the movies. Georgie Henley--little Lucy Pevensie, is EIGHTEEN! Edmund is 22, Susan 25, and Peter 26! How can they make movies about children when they're that old? If they'd filmed each movie in sequence and released them year after year after year like with LOTR, it would've worked.

message 34: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Jennifer wrote: "Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Is Edmund in that one? That's all I care about ;P"

Edmund isn't in the Silver Chair. Sorry to disappoint :/ It's another story with Diggory and Poll..."

Oh! Ok. Thanks for pointing out my mistake Jennifer. Lol sorry I always get them mixed up :p

message 35: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

A҉b҉b҉y҉ {I want a hippopotamus for Christmas!} wrote: "My opinion:

They did it wrong.

See, the first movie was phenomenal! I loved it! But. They spent to much time between movies and the actors are growing up to fast! There is no possible way for the..."

Age always seems to mess everything up.

message 36: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Narnian525♥♪ wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Eh, like I said, I didn't really care that the others weren't in the movie. I loved Voyage of Dawn Treader cause Edmund had such a big part in it."

Why do you like him? ..."

Cause! He is the best! He is awesome.

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (gwenhyver42) A҉b҉b҉y҉ {I want a hippopotamus for Christmas!} wrote: "My opinion:

They did it wrong.

See, the first movie was phenomenal! I loved it! But. They spent to much time between movies and the actors are growing up to fast! There is no possible way for the..."

Here's the thing about Narnia: It does not continually focus on the same four children throughout the series. It shifts its focus to different children here and there. My disappointment is not with the length of time between movies or allowing the cast to get older. My disappointment is mainly with the fact that each time the series has been made into film, they've skipped over The Magician's Nephew, The Horse's Boy, and The Last Battle –– all three of which give a completeness to the entire series.

Also, the addition of unnecessary romance to the stories... Really. Just... Ugh. Disney should really keep its hands out of some pies...

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (gwenhyver42) Narnian wrote: Oh! Ok. Thanks for pointing out my mistake Jennifer. Lol sorry I always get them mixed up :p
S'ok... I actually had to look up who it was, but I knew it wasn't them... ;)

message 39: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Jennifer wrote: "A҉b҉b҉y҉ {I want a hippopotamus for Christmas!} wrote: "My opinion:

They did it wrong.

See, the first movie was phenomenal! I loved it! But. They spent to much time between movies and the actors ..."

What did they add?

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (gwenhyver42) The mushy moments between Caspian and Susan did not happen in the books... Just... No. I am adamantly against adding romance into tales where it was never intended to be, and Disney has a habit of doing exactly that. Don't get me wrong. I like romance, but I don't like it when it's not part of the original story.

message 41: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Jennifer wrote: "The mushy moments between Caspian and Susan did not happen in the books... Just... No. I am adamantly against adding romance into tales where it was never intended to be, and Disney has a habit of ..."

I agree.

message 42: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Especially when it's Caspian and Susan. Please, no!

message 43: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (gwenhyver42) Princess Dee wrote: "Especially when it's Caspian and Susan. Please, no!"

Right?!

message 44: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Jennifer wrote: "The mushy moments between Caspian and Susan did not happen in the books... Just... No. I am adamantly against adding romance into tales where it was never intended to be, and Disney has a habit of ..."

*coughs* Tauriel! *cough, cough*

message 45: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
lol

I thought it was so awkward. Especially her "It wouldn't have worked out anyway. After all I am 1300 years older than you." What?

message 46: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Mojoboy31 wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "The mushy moments between Caspian and Susan did not happen in the books... Just... No. I am adamantly against adding romance into tales where it was never intended to be, and Disne..."

Oh yeah... I hate it when the movie makers add a character that wasn't even in the original book.

message 47: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Is that a reference to Desolation of Smaug? I haven't seen that yet...

message 48: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Jennifer wrote: "The mushy moments between Caspian and Susan did not happen in the books... Just... No. I am adamantly against adding romance into tales where it was never intended to be, and Disney has a habit of ..."

Oooh, well, I didn't.like that, and I didn't even read the book.

message 49: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "The mushy moments between Caspian and Susan did not happen in the books... Just... No. I am adamantly against adding romance into tales where it was never intended to be, and Disne..."

I can assure you there was no romance between Susan and Caspian in the book!

message 50: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Princess Dee wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "The mushy moments between Caspian and Susan did not happen in the books... Just... No. I am adamantly against adding romance into tales where it was neve..."

Yeah, they barely talked to each other in the book.

« previous 1 3