A Song of Ice & Fire Fans discussion

Whats next after Dance with Dragons?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jude (new)

Jude Grebeldinger | 2 comments Dance with Dragons was such an amazing read, what is the following sequel?

message 2: by Jon (last edited Jun 05, 2013 11:09PM) (new)

Jon (jon17) | 156 comments It's called The Winds of Winter but it's not finished yet.

message 3: by Dionna (new)

Dionna | 308 comments The Winds of Winter, and if he can contain it to seven, the last book will be A Dream of Spring.

message 4: by N (new)

N | 234 comments and don't hold your breath........

message 5: by Bryan (new)

Bryan If you're dying for some more Westeros Jude, you should try the Dunk & Egg novellas. The first one's called The Hedge Knight. I thought all three of them were fantastic.

message 6: by Jude (new)

Jude Grebeldinger | 2 comments Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look for it.So it sounds like Winds of Winter will be a little wait yet, hummm, so many possible senarios.

message 7: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Sanchez | 21 comments lol a litttle wait?? mostly 4 years wait so occupy yourself with many more books.GRRM has many other great books, dunk and egg is awesome, takes place about 100 years before roberts rebellion. and when your done with those books you should read" winning the game of thrones". the author posted the book on one of the threads in this group. just finished reading it and its very interesting. and can clear up many theories and questions you might have.

message 8: by Rahul Nath (new)

Rahul Nath (cultofpersonality) | 181 comments IF and it is a big IF, he manages to finish ASOIAF in two more books- The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring, then he has said each book will be approximately 1500 pages, which is massive.

Maybe they'll need to split both books like they did with ASOS.

message 9: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 156 comments I think he meant 1500 manuscript pages, so that would come out to roughly the same as ADWD.

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Lavin | 197 comments Been having a Really hard time finding the tales of Dunk and Egg. Book stores dont seem to carry dream songs or the other graphic novels. is there a set with the three together? wanna read them but dont want to purchase 3 separate books for 3 short stories. Any help?

message 11: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 156 comments A book with all of them together hasn't been published yet.

Legends I+II and Warriors are widely available and you can find them for a cheap price, even in new condition and ebook format.
And, they are novellas, so I think it's worth buying a whole book for that, and the other stories might be good (by well known authors).

message 12: by Dionna (new)

Dionna | 308 comments He will release a combined set of the D&E tales next year.

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael Lavin | 197 comments Thank you i wonder if i should wait for the combined set, im sure it will have extra or new content, or do the e-books which i rarely do dont have tablet, thank you for the info. Dionna and Jon

message 14: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 156 comments He said it would be published after he completes the 4th D&E novella, but knowing our buddy GRRM, I'm not sure how wise it would be to wait for that. He's probably spending most of his efforts now on completing ASOIAF before the HBO guys finish it for him.

Nevertheless, GRRM said on his blog that Dangerous Women is scheduled to be published this December and it contains his novella The Princess and the Queen.

Here is the quote:
"[...]well, it's some of that fake history I have been writing lo these many months, the true (mostly) story of the origins of the Dance of the Dragons."

Should be interesting.

message 15: by Bryan (new)

Bryan I own Legends I & II and Warriors, and all three of them are excellent anthologies. There are a few low points (I'm looking at you, Anne McCaffrey!), but they're anthologies after all, and an anthology with only one or two lame stories is a pretty damn good anthology, in my opinion.

message 16: by Dionna (new)

Dionna | 308 comments I must admit that I only read the Dunk & Egg stories in the collections.