Christian Fiction Devourers discussion

Archived Group Reads 2013 > July Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth, Head Librarian (last edited Jun 15, 2013 09:10AM) (new)

Beth | 2489 comments Mod
Happy Hump Day, everyone! Here is the nominations thread for the July group read.

If you have any questions about the process, please see this thread of guidelines: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Nominations will be accepted through June 20.

Let the nominations begin ;)

Nominations as of June 15:
1. Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund
2. One Step Away by Eric Wilson
3. The Yada Yada Prayer Group ny Neta Jackson
4. Kate's Song by Jennifer Beckstrand
5. Treasures of the Snow by Patricia St. John
6. Written on the Wind by Judith Pella
7. Waking Hours by Lis Wiehl

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen It seems like it is nominating time on all my groups and never can catch up. I will have to think on it.

message 3: by Cheryl, Challenges Mastermind (last edited Jun 05, 2013 04:15PM) (new)

Cheryl Olson (girlsmama) | 2258 comments Mod
Since I loved a Noble Groom so much, how about Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund by Jody Hedlund?

(then if it gets picked Beth, we'd be killing 2 birds with one stone!)

message 4: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2489 comments Mod
You've got time, Karen! I forgot to put that nominations will be accepted until June 20 :)

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Beth wrote: "You've got time, Karen! I forgot to put that nominations will be accepted until June 20 :)"
okay.

message 6: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (jsbailey) | 7 comments I nominate One Step Away by Eric Wilson. I read it earlier this year and encourage you to do the same if you're a fan of suspense. You can find my review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

One Step Away by Eric Wilson

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I would like to nominate The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson. It's been on my to-read list for ages, and it's come with multiple recommendations!

message 8: by Natalie (last edited Jun 06, 2013 02:16PM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 302 comments I will nominate Kate's Song by Jennifer Beckstrand for this group. Please tell me if it doesn't work.

message 9: by Karen (last edited Jun 06, 2013 12:01PM) (new)

Karen This is a book I have wanted to read, but have never. It is free on audible as audio with a free trial membership, which you must cancel unless you do want to continue it. Treasures of the SnowbyPatricia St. JohnKind of like a Christian Heidi. This is my nomination.

message 10: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 302 comments I'm glad it worked. I cannot wait to see what gets picked for next month.

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna | 19 comments Have on my Nook. I would like to nominate Heart Full of Love by Colleen Coble

message 12: by Alayna (new)

Alayna | 14 comments Anna, I have been wanting to read this for a long time. Maybe it is time to finally purchase it and read it.

message 13: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2489 comments Mod
Anna wrote: "Have on my Nook. I would like to nominate Heart Full of Love by Colleen Coble"

Anna, sorry to be a stickler, but is this one only offered as an ebook? I know some of her books are only ebooks.

message 14: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Loraine (librarydiva) | 5097 comments Mod
I would like to nominate Written on the Wind by Judith Pella.

message 15: by Ben (new)

Ben | 12 comments Hmmm.....I nominate Waking Hours by Lis Wiehl

If you've never heard of the book it's like This Present Darkness (Darkness Set, #1) by Frank Peretti

message 16: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2489 comments Mod
Alright, everyone, the random name picker has spoken (haha), and the group read for July will be Kate's Song by Jennifer Beckstrand!

message 17: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 302 comments Woo hoo! Love this series and author. Now to start picking my choice for August.

message 18: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Another one not in library or on bookmooch/paperbackswap. Guess I'll be catching up on all my challenges and my books-I-own stack!

message 19: by Jolene (new)

Jolene | 1 comments Ben wrote: "Hmmm.....I nominate Waking Hours by Lis Wiehl

If you've never heard of the book it's like This Present Darkness (Darkness Set, #1) by Frank Peretti"

Ben thanks for sharing, I'll be reading it. I really like the sound of this book.

message 20: by Beth, Head Librarian (new)

Beth | 2489 comments Mod
Loraine wrote: "Another one not in library or on bookmooch/paperbackswap. Guess I'll be catching up on all my challenges and my books-I-own stack!"

Loraine, do you have a Kindle? I would be happy to loan this one to you after I read it :)

message 21: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Beth wrote: "Loraine wrote: "Another one not in library or on bookmooch/paperbackswap. Guess I'll be catching up on all my challenges and my books-I-own stack!"

Loraine, do you have a Kindle? I would be happy..."

Thanks Beth that would be great. I will PM you my e-mail addy. Just whenever you are done.