RiseUp! discussion

Entrance > Group Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 4058 comments Mod
Any ideas to help the group overall? Share them, and we'll see if we can use them!

message 2: by Lora (new)

Lora Armendariz | 306 comments Can we pick a book or blog to read together and discuss?

message 3: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Mojoboy31 | 3210 comments Mod
That's an awesome idea, me thinks.

message 4: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) I concur.

message 5: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Im sorry, I feel dumb. What does concur mean?

message 6: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) You don't have to apologize concur means to Agree or have the same opinion.

message 7: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Oh, I knew that... ;)

message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 56 comments Um, what about a section designated for the Bible Verse of the day?

message 9: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Verse of the day is a good idea, Daniel. How bout we also have a section for bible discussion?

message 10: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 56 comments Mojoboy31 wrote: "Verse of the day is a good idea, Daniel. How bout we also have a section for bible discussion?"

Yeah. That should work! =D

message 11: by Clare (new)

Clare  RXYLND (RXYLND) Paigetwo wrote: "Oh, I knew that... ;)"

No you didn't! LoL! ;D

message 12: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Clare♪Music Queen....YOLO(That was Random!) wrote: "Paigetwo wrote: "Oh, I knew that... ;)"

No you didn't! LoL! ;D"

Shhh...! No one needs to know.... ;)

message 13: by Lora (new)

Lora Armendariz | 306 comments Daniel wrote: "Um, what about a section designated for the Bible Verse of the day?"

Great Idea! We could even use some daily readings that are already out there. CrossWalk.com has some awesome resources. I subscribe to Quiet Walk. I think it would be great to read and discuss verses. Plus it will make sure we all keep up with our studies.

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) A poll for the each of the serious discussions?

message 15: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Sammmmmmi wrote: "A poll for the each of the serious discussions?"

Thanks for the suggestion.
I'll take it under advisement, and wait for the other mods to see what they think.

message 16: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

I like it.

message 17: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) In the Music section, a topic about Jamie Grace.

message 18: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Oh GREAT idea!

message 19: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Ok, here's another idea that I have: Some interests that we have come and go right? So I was thinking I could make a topic that discusses our timeline of our interests. We could say what we were into then and what we're into now.

message 20: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Sure. Sounds, good Narnian. Go ahead and make the topic.

message 21: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments Mojoboy31 wrote: "Sure. Sounds, good Narnian. Go ahead and make the topic."

Ok thanks

message 22: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) I think, as of reaching 100 members, that this would be a great Facebook group to create. We should make a poll on whether or not to do it. Of course, it is the mods decision! :D

message 23: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Well I don't do Facebook....

message 24: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) That's fine :D

message 25: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) Maybe people can "run" for the mod position and the group can vote. I don't know, maybe that would get complicated, but people could sign up and then we could have a poll. (Ps I love this group and would love to be a mod lol

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Sammmmmmi wrote: "Maybe people can "run" for the mod position and the group can vote. I don't know, maybe that would get complicated, but people could sign up and then we could have a poll. (Ps I love this group and..."

No. I don't think that would be good. In other groups when mods change it gets bad very quickly. Stick with what we got until they can't handle it anymore.

message 27: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) How can it get ugly? Not denying you just curious.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Sammmmmmi wrote: "How can it get ugly? Not denying you just curious."

In another group people did not like the mods selected. The mods have the power, and I don't think it should be given lightly. It could end up being a popularity contest instead of a "who's best for this group" thing. Plus, we have enough mods as it is, so then we'd either have too many mods or one of the current mods would have to be unmoderatorified (haha just made up that word, but it did happen to a guy in another group I'm in. He lost his mod-ship for no apparent reason other than to let new mods come in *sigh*)

message 29: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) But it wouldn't be a popularity contest if everyone had an equal vote on a poll. And we could handle 4 mods I think.......i don't know it's up to the mods

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Elmira001) | 177 comments It would be a popularity contest. Everyone would have an equal vote. That means if say, over have the group loved one person, they could vote them into modship. But that doesn't mean they'll be a good mod

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Elmira001) | 177 comments *half

message 32: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) Every mod has equal power so mods will not give that power to the whim of a vote. We as the mods at the moment to my knowledge need no extra help. If we do we will consider your offer.

message 33: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) Whoa peeps it was just an idea. I thought that's what this thread is for.

message 34: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) I am acknowledging what you said and letting you know a moderator's opinion.

message 35: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) I wasn't talking to u :D

message 36: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) Okay.

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Elmira001) | 177 comments I am sorry if you felt you were being attacked, I was just helping explain why it might not work well. I know if I gave an idea, I would not to know opinions on how it would work

message 38: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) Lol ya ur probably right anyway :D our mods e doing a great job! :D

message 39: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) A new group profile pic maybe?? I don't know I'm just trying to find a way to spruce up the group......lol it's already great though. :D

message 40: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Sammmmmmi wrote: "A new group profile pic maybe?? I don't know I'm just trying to find a way to spruce up the group......lol it's already great though. :D"

:)
I like your new pic, BTW

message 41: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) Oh thnx it's my new horse lol :D

message 42: by Kari (new)

Kari You have a horse?

message 43: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Sammmmmmi wrote: "Oh thnx it's my new horse lol :D"

Oh, cool!

message 44: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) @Firefly, ya I just got him when I moved

message 45: by Kari (new)

Kari That's so cool! He looks so pretty *cough* I mean handsome :).

message 46: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) Haha lol :D

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (gwenhyver42) I wondered why your name changed, Sammi. So happy for you! Give him a few candy canes for me.....

message 48: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 2099 comments @Sammi What's your horse's name?

message 49: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) Copper :D

message 50: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Hmmmm I don't know how I would do it, but I'm sure one of the other mods would figure it out

« previous 1