City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) City of Glass question

The Mortal Instruments Series
Lexhy Pich Lexhy Jun 05, 2013 01:54PM
Did you ever sincerely believe that Clary and Jace were brother and sister?

Mairead (last edited Jul 27, 2013 01:20PM ) Jun 12, 2013 12:54PM   0 votes
I knew it. I was just wondering how they would find out because the book wouldn't go anywhere otherwise....unless Clary fell in love with someone else but that's unlikely.

Oh please! Considering the fact that Clary and Jace where the only romantic suspence Cassandra Clare had in the book that was any interest to readers, Jace couldn't have been her brother. There was too much heat between them. If Clare wanted us to be fine with them just being brother and sister, she would have turned down their fantasies about each other.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ (last edited Jun 05, 2013 05:50PM ) Jun 05, 2013 05:49PM   0 votes
No. Not at all. I knew right from the beginning that that would never be, so i ignored it until Clare admitted that they weren't brother and sister. I knew that no author would write about charries like that if they were brother and sister.

I did believe it actually, because I didn't really see a crazy huge love story from the first book. I knew they liked each other, but I thought they would get over it. And when I read the second book, I was so confused, because it was clear that they were in love and I couldn't think of a possible way that they could be together, if they were siblings. So when Clary found out that they weren't really siblings, I was indeed surprised. I did believe until the very end that they were related.

deleted member Jun 11, 2013 05:24PM   0 votes
Dude, when it said they were i couldn't believe it.. It was crazy... And once i found out they weren't i was like "I knew it"!!!!!

I thought that maybe Clare was going to go taboo on it, but there would have been SO much backlash if she did, and I'm glad she didn't really go there. But... there's something exciting about the taboo, isn't there? :)

sim (last edited Jul 27, 2013 09:02AM ) Jul 27, 2013 09:02AM   0 votes
I knew they weren't brother and sister. I mean, who does that? That's like serious sibling-zone from both the sides. I thought Cassie was gonna reveal it in City of Ashes, end maybe but I got that pleasure in City of Glass. Fair enough.

I was so upset that I wanted to throw my book across the room but never believed it to be true. I had all eyes in the room on me when I finished my rave...

I didn't believe it too,it sounded so odd.

My friend told me before I read it, but if she hadn't I might have believed it in the first book but by the second they were way to much in love for her to actually make them related. Unless she was evil.