Reading Between Covers discussion

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)
This topic is about Fifty Shades Darker
Thoughts Between the Covers > Fifty Shades Darker - Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ebony (quietstorm08) | 142 comments Mod
I haven't made it very far, but so far to me Mr. Grey's swag is slightly different, he seems more blunt with Ana. However Ana is still very child like to me....... But I am actually liking Mr. Grey in this book! :)

This book was so so.... it was better than the first because it had more story line and the added characters from Christian's past and Ana's new boss made the story more enjoyable. The ending will make you want to pick up the next one, but I need a break from this series!

message 3: by Tina (new) - rated it 1 star

Tina | 48 comments Mod
I dislike this series not because of the talented egocentric swagistic mr grey but bc of the author and Ana! Ugh I did some research and she used the words jeez 72 times, smirks 91, F-bombed dropped 171 need I go more? If the book was written from mr grey view point I would b totally into it but I can't get with it....if u can get pass the horrid writing this book was a Lil more entertaining than the 1st. Except the insecurities of both of worrying bout who's better for the other or who gonna leave who blah blah I could give this a better review...guess I will have to finish but hopefully no time soon

I agree with this being better if it was written from Mr. Grey's point of view. It would have been more interesting to get in his head! And maybe more adult. Good research on this book.... Jeez....and Inner Goddess was what was annoying for me!

message 5: by Liza (new)

Liza | 35 comments I am still trying to get past the first few pages of the first one. The writing is very "young". But I have read a few spoofs and found them entertaining.

Yes! At first it was hard for me to realize that Ana was actually a women and not a 14 year old girl, so reading the intimate scenes were tough at first. I think the words Ana uses makes her seem so young, unexperienced, and just plain stupid. They should remake the book from Christian Grey's POV. Or Ana should have been a 30 year old women... :)

message 7: by Tina (new) - rated it 1 star

Tina | 48 comments Mod
Different author and editor would do that book justice. And written from grey pov.

message 8: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Wamsley | 52 comments These are all of the reasons I never bought the book. If I ever get it for free I'll read it, but I'm not going to pay for it.

I got mine at the library! Or you can download it free from ePubbud.com

message 10: by Liza (new)

Liza | 35 comments Ok, I am still trying to read the first book. The writing is horrible. It is not even YA writing. I can't and I have all three, and I will NOT see the movie when it [eventually] comes out. It's not like it will be as graphic as the book is supposed to be.

Yeah, the writing is bad! I just wish a man wrote it from Christians pov

message 12: by Tina (new) - rated it 1 star

Tina | 48 comments Mod
I'm sure the movie will be 10x better than the book considering they don't go chap to chap and add to it to give it more of an appeal.