What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. probably YA, with a kidnapping and romance

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments I'm not sure of the title or author of the book, but it is like a kidnapping book, teen, and it has romance in it. A girl was kidnapped by a guy, like 30 or 40 years old. He brings her home, and he has a wife, crazy daughter, and a son living there. I believe she is supposed to be part or the family, and he throws her in a room with the son, who is about her age. He tells her to stop trying to get out, it won't happen. This guy helps her through the kidnapping and they fall for each other and he wants to protect her. I think they escape at the end. This was one of my favorite books, but I don't remember what it was called.

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) I changed the subject for you, to give more info. and catch more eyes.

Was this a thriller?
When did you read it, or when do you think it was written?

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments stolen by lucy christopher matches that perfectly.
Theres also sleepless by terri clark, but that isn't really what you requested since no-one is really kidnapped. At all.. I just think that book is awesome.

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 140 comments Hannah wrote: "stolen by lucy christopher matches that perfectly."

here's the link for Stolen.

message 5: by Hannah (last edited Jun 06, 2013 04:59PM) (new)

Hannah | 11 comments actually, stolen doesn't match that perfectly, I just read like the first sentence and commented. My bad... But it's a good book.
Sorry

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments Hannah wrote: "actually, stolen doesn't match that perfectly, I just read like the first sentence and commented. My bad... But it's a good book.
Sorry"

It's fine, but I'm starting to think I read it on Wattpad instead of an actual published book. I just really wish I could find it again.

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "I changed the subject for you, to give more info. and catch more eyes.

Was this a thriller?
When did you read it, or when do you think it was written?"

I think it was a thriller but it did have romance. I think I read it sometime between now and a year ago. No longer.

message 8: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2103 comments Doesn't quite match? But just in case.

On the Edge by Gillian Cross
Tug wakes up in an unfamiliar place with people he doesn't recognize and is uncertain about his own identity. Meanwhile Jinny knows that something strange is happening in the house and decides she must unravel the mystery herself in order to save the boy. She decides on a dangerous course of action to set Tug free, but will she be in time to save him...

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments No sorry that doesn't sound right. :( but thanks for at least trying I'm dying over here trying to figure out what it was called

message 10: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2103 comments OK. When did you read it? Was it old or new at the time?

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments I read it maybe a year ago... It didnt seem that new ... But it wasn't old maybe 6 months+ old... I'm not really sure.

message 12: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2103 comments Look on worldcat.org advanced search use a year range and keyword kidnapping. Sort by juvenile, books, fiction, English. Then sort by newest first, filter out anything you don't need in results at left eg. Ebooks, large print etc.

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments Ok thank you ill try that. :)

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36892 comments Mod
Any luck, Samantha?

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 7 comments Not any, sadly. I'm thinking maybe it wasn't a published book. Most likely something I read on this website, wattpad.com , but I still couldn't find it. :/

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Well, do you want to give up? If not, simple 'bumps' every few months do help. Here's a free bump for summer - come back in a couple of months to give it another one, ok?

message 17: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36892 comments Mod
No response in 2 years; moving to Abandoned.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Jane | 7 comments Did you ever found the book? I am pretty sure that I am looking for the same book. But can't find it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Stolen (other topics)