♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Suggesting Books > books with a damaged main male character

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara i'm open to any genre! nothing cheesy though. also, I'm looking more towards the serious, realistic type than humorous, light stuff...
thanks!

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 177 comments How about the Fault In Our Stars by John Green The Fault in Our Stars?
That was one of the best books I have read, and i read A LOT. It is very real. I would recommend it. Hope this helps :)

message 3: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Reeves (moreeves218) | 14 comments How about Jude by Kate Morgenroth. I read it about 5 years ago for high school summer reading and it stuck with me all these years. I remember it being really good. Check it out. Jude

message 4: by Phaedra (new)

Phaedra (P-Feetje) | 107 comments TFIOS is a great book! You should read Shatter Me and The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer.

coconutsnbutts (♫ נєѕѕι¢α  ♪) Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green. The Fault In Our Stars is much better though.

message 6: by T.J. (new)

T.J. | 109 comments I tried reading FIOS...If it is (view spoiler)

message 7: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 125 comments Shadowhunter Girl wrote: "I tried reading FIOS...If it is [spoilers removed]"

You might want to try Will Grayson, Will Grayson then, its funny and a touching story, I enjoyed it.

message 8: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Jun 10, 2013 01:40PM) (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
Yeah someone gave me a copy of The Fault in Our Stars and I have still yet to read it because I hate depressing books.

As for damaged male characters there are a ton of those around. Are you looking for YA only or is New Adult okay?! New Adult is famous for the damaged male character.
Here is a tortured hero list with some good ones. https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...

message 9: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 9 comments Full Tilt might be what you're looking for! He (view spoiler).

message 10: by Martin (new)

Martin Reed (pendrum) | 12 comments If you're looking for a damaged but snarky male character, you might enjoy getting into the mind of Jeep from My Disjointed Life.

Here's an excerpt from the main character's stream of consciousness:

Okay. Time to establish some ground rules in order to keep things professional:
1. Do not stare at her ass.
2. Genuinely listen to her incessant babbling no matter how trivial and mind numbingly boring it is.
3. Do not stare at her breasts.
4. Always smile when she says something, no matter how inane.
5. Do not stare at her ass.
6. Offer to help even if she can easily do it. Chicks dig that kind of shit. Trust me. I’m all knowing.
7. Do not stare at her breasts.
8. Chew gum. Not really sure why that’s important to be honest… I dunno, whatever.
Follow these eight universal rules and you’ll be the girl’s dream guy. Unless she’s a stalker of course, in which case you don’t really have to do much. Except perhaps get a restraining order and an unlisted phone number. And some night-vision goggles for those long, dreadfully quiet walks home in the dark. You just never know when you’ll get jumped.
‘You wish someone would stalk you.’

This guy's best friend is a voice inside his head, so expect eccentric and quirky.