La Poseurs discussion

Bored? Fun time! > Anime! ^_^

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Cheyenne (cheylaraine) | 1882 comments Mod
The discussion- shows/graphic novels you liked, or ones you hated, or the characters yo just totally fell in love with. All anime-related discussions are at home here.

Anyone see Chobits?

Ice Queen Wanderer •The Cursed Prophetess• (ari-la) | 107 comments Yeah, it was pree good. I liked Clover better though. Anyone seen Madoka Magica?

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments Anime yay! My fvorite is currently Hetalia, but SnK, Pokémon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Butler, Naruto, Free!, Adventure Time[if that counts], and a bunch I can't recall at the moment are really cool too. ^^

message 4: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Code Geass is my favorite. Death Note is pretty good and recently I started Blue Exorcist and a few others. Oh, and Soul Eater is awesome as well and I watched most of the Detective Conan (I thnk you know it as "Case Closed") episodes. :)

Adventure time... it counts half, I guess.

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments Yeah I did a cosplay for Adventure Time. I want to get into Death Note and Blue Exorcist. Which one should I try first?

message 6: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Death Note all the way! :D

I want to make a Cosplay too, but it'll take a while to make the costume. I'll go as Zero from Code Geass. I'll post pics when I'm done, but that could take months, so don't wait for it.

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments I have an Undertaker and a 2P England mainly put together but they both have random parts missing. And APH Russia is literally 15% started so I guess I'm staying as PG.
What's Code Geass about? I have heard of it but not much

message 8: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Random parts you can't finish right now?

It's really difficult to explain and it will sound totally stupid. It would be best if you watched two episodes. Then you know what it's about (the most important things anyway); if you want to be sure watch episode 1 to 4. By then you know if you like it or not. ^^

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments Yes, like contacts and eyebrows for 2P England and the ring/ belt for Undertaker
^^ thanks

message 10: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Contacts and eyebrows should be easy to find. Can't you order them on the internet? Or just go to a convention in your costume and buy them there. ;)

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments I've searched around on amazon a bit for a bow tie. my glasses prescription just changed, though, so getting contacts may have to wait. Shopping at a convention is a good idea, thank you.

message 12: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Are we talking costumes here?

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments Cosplay. ^-^

message 14: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

I want to locate a Princess Zelda cosplay. Hehe. So it's not anime, but it's my nerd guilty pleasure. *sheepish grin*

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments I've actually seen quite a lot of gaming coplays at cons. In one contest I had to mark if the cosplay was 'anime, TV show, video game, or other'. It's pretty cool. Just be sure to strangle anyone who calls you Link or vice versa, yeah? :P

message 16: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Erghh... That's my number one pet peeve -_-

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments YES Ikr Link is Link and Zelda is Zelda it really is simple.

message 18: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

It's all those wannabe gamers and kids who had no childhood. *pompous look*

message 19: by Beck (formerly Boo) (last edited Nov 04, 2013 12:39PM) (new)

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments *shrugs* I don't really see how you can be a 'wannabe gamer' though. If you say you're a gamer and you mean it then you're a gamer. simple.THERE LITERALLY IS NO EXCUSE FOR CALLING LINK ZELDA THOUGH UNLESS YOU SLIP UP BECAUSE YOU ARE TIRED OR SOMETHING AAND CATCH YOURSELF AND APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY THEN IT IS JUSTIFIED BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT IS TERRBIBLE

message 20: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Why anyone would confuse the two is a mystery to me... o.O

BTW: I'm a gamer girl. Just starting, but still. ^^

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments Yes I primarily play Pokémon as of late but My birthday is in a few weeks and I am asking for a PS3 so hopefully I'll be upgraded from the Wii

message 22: by Vish (new)

Vish L (vertimus) | 117 comments What should I watch first:
Black Butler
Steins:Gate
Full Metal Alchemist
Monster
?

message 23: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Boo *Marvel Fan!* wrote: "Yes I primarily play Pokémon as of late but My birthday is in a few weeks and I am asking for a PS3 so hopefully I'll be upgraded from the Wii"

For the last few years I only played Pokemon (and Mario). My problem right now is that my laptop can't play computer games because it's too old and I'm stuck in the middle of Assassin's Creed. The PS2 I borrowed from a friend had to stay at home and I can't finish Kingdom Hearts.
This sucks.

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments Droid Warrior 《VISH》 wrote: "What should I watch first:
Black Butler
Steins:Gate
Full Metal Alchemist
Monster
?"

I would suggest starting with FMA and then going to Black Butler

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments Marlene wrote: "Boo *Marvel Fan!* wrote: "Yes I primarily play Pokémon as of late but My birthday is in a few weeks and I am asking for a PS3 so hopefully I'll be upgraded from the Wii"

For the last few years I o..."

AAaaah that sucks. I'm thinking of downloading HetaOni on my laptop

message 26: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Oh, and I'm playing League of Legends. But: My computer is too slow. My boyfriend says he can borrow me his laptop, but that kinda sucks too.

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) | 327 comments Yeah, I suppose so. What system is League of Legends on
?

message 28: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Whoa, whoa, whoa. If there's one term I disapprove of, it's "gamer girl"

No matter what gender, if you hack and slash dragons in Skyrim, or hit item boxes in Mario, you're just a gamer. Nobody clarifies a musician girl or a chef girl.

I'm not being mean, I'm just saying there shouldn't have to be a distinction XD

message 29: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Is it just me, or is this the first real Poseur conversation that has occurred in months?

message 30: by Vish (new)

Vish L (vertimus) | 117 comments NooooO!!! LoL is baaaaad.

message 31: by Vish (new)

Vish L (vertimus) | 117 comments This is the first conversation in ages. And it's just the topic I love! yAY!

message 32: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Yes, it is.

I don't see what's wrong with the name "gamer girl". For me it means I'm a girl and I play games. Nothing more. I have no problems describing myself as a gamer either. There's not really a difference...

System?
The problem with my laptop is that it's too slow. I was able to install the game and I could visit the forums, but when I wanted to start the game, my laptop died.

message 33: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

I'm so happy :')

message 34: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

I guess it doesn't matter. Personally? I think it's unnecessary to specify. BUT it's all personal preference, really.

message 35: by Vish (new)

Vish L (vertimus) | 117 comments When people say 'Gamer', they refer to boys. But that should be avoided. Why should only boys be gamers?

The term 'Gamer' needs to be generalised.

Don't play LoL, please?

message 36: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Not a League of Legends fan, Vish?
Care to explain?

message 37: by Vish (new)

Vish L (vertimus) | 117 comments Cheyla wrote: "Not a League of Legends fan, Vish?
Care to explain?"

Hehe.. Because I'm a DOTA guy. We hate LoL. It is a copy.
DOTA is way better anyday. :)

message 38: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

I feel like I should know what DOTA stands for...

message 39: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Why shouldn't I play LoL? I kind of like it...

message 40: by Vish (new)

Vish L (vertimus) | 117 comments DOTA: Defence Of The Ancients
It is the game, LoL is based on.
You'll like DOTA more, Marlene.

You play LoL, Chey?

message 41: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Based on Vish's comment, I reckon it's a Pomemon/Digimon-type situation..

message 42: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

No I don't really play ANYTHING, except Zelda. Ha. Some gamer, eh?

message 43: by Vish (new)

Vish L (vertimus) | 117 comments Pomemon ftw!!

message 44: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Mmh, I'll look into that. But maybe when I have a better laptop (which I'm saving money for right now).

message 45: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Droid Warrior 《VISH》 wrote: "Pomemon ftw!!"

I AGREE!
Even though I liked the first versions better. I'm not getting X or Y either. The new Pokemon are so stupid!

message 46: by Vish (new)

Vish L (vertimus) | 117 comments Agreed. The new pokemon are stupid.

But I do love Froakie and it's evolutions. And some of the mega-evolutions.

message 47: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments Er... I'm not good with Pokemon names, for the simple reason that I just know them in German. ^^

message 48: by Cheyenne, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Nor am I good with Pokemon names. At least a lot of them. Types, though, I know the types

message 49: by Vish (new)

Vish L (vertimus) | 117 comments

Funny, right? In the Mega-evolution, the baby comes out. :P

message 50: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) | 490 comments I am good with Pokemon names. Just not the English ones, which means I have no idea which pokemon you're talking about.

« previous 1