Medieval Fantasy Roleplay discussion

White Knight Castle > The Stables

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Where the royals (and others) can come and have a ride or see their horses.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassandra walked towards the open and welcoming doors of the stables, her mind weary in thought. Adelaide had wanted to spend time with her. Yet as always, something else was there to pull her family away. So as she had always done, Cassie had gone to seek comfort in the one place where her love would always be welcomed. She and her horse shared a strong bond, and after years of being with each other, Tempest had become Cassandra's best friend, since the mare was the only constant companion she could ever receive.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby sat in a far corner of the stables, in one of the only spots that was actually clean and didn't have a horse accompanying it. He had a small book on his lap and was leafing through the pages. His sister had been designing some dresses and wanted him to look at them. Since he currently had nothing to make or paint, he was using the free time to do what she'd wanted him to.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Smiling as she entered the familiar building with the welcoming musty smell of horses and hay, Cassie walked to Tempest's stall in the corner of the room. She had asked for the corner were there was no horses directly nearby because Tempest tended to shy away from others most of the time. It also provided her more privacy when she wanted to go back just to talk to her horse like she was a close friend, because that's what Tempest meant to her. She hadn't planned on riding today; she was already worn out from being forced to dance.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby looked up from the book when he heard someone enter. He frowned slightly and wondered who it was. The stable hands where currently elsewhere; He knew that because he'd been one for his last job. He gently closed the book and looked towards where he thought the person who'd entered was.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Just as she was about to turn to Tempest's stall Cass was stopped by the sound of the rustling of a body while a soft sound followed. Curiosity taking over- a bad habit of hers- she noticed a boy not much older than her sitting in the empty stall opposite Tempest's. "Hello," She uttered shyly, mostly because she did not recognize his face. She had been here so often nearly all the stable hands were familiarized with her presence.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby nodded to the girl. "Hello," he replied. The frown that had been on his face was gone, now replaced with a careful mask of..Nothing. The girl had fiery red hair and looked nearly his age. She also looked familiar, but he couldn't place why.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Curiosity got the better of her as she found herself turning to speak with the reserved boy. If he wasn't a stable boy, who was he? It didn't make sense to her to come to the stables and not either work or ride the horses. "Why are you here by yourself?" Cassie found herself asking.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) "The stables are one of the quietest places around the castle," he responded. Darby then shrugged and added, "Another reason is because I just like it here." He pocketed his sister's small book, thinking that he probably wouldn't get more time to look at it.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"So I'm not the only one then." Cassie replied with a sly smile. It wasn't often that she saw visitors when she came. Most of the time the stable hands were present, but no one else. This time however, it was quite the opposite. All the stable hands were gone and all that remained was herself, the strange boy, and the horses. "Do you mind if I ask your name?"

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby shook his head, standing up and brushing some hay off of his pants. "Not at all. I'm Darby Keaton." He looked at the girl, curiosity slowly coming upon his face. "And who might you be, miss?"

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassandra thought about keeping her name from him for a short time before she banished the thought. Lying never got anyone anywhere, so what was the point? Cassie leaned back on the door of Tempest's stall with a small smile lighting her face. Then she spoke, voice sounding like silk, all the while acting as nonchalant in the world. Because to her, Darby was just another kind soul out there, unless he proved otherwise. "I'm Cassandra Blackwood."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby's eyes widened as he recognized the name. How could he not? He worked for her family, so did his mother and sister. He bowed as soon as he recovered his composure. "Nice to personally meet you, your highness."

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Flushing in embarrassment because she hadn't been so formally addressed in a long time, Cassie nodded. "Though I would appreciate if you dropped the formal address and called me Cassie instead. I'm not fond of formalities; the stable hands learned that long ago." She grinned, recounting in her memory the times she had told a boy off for repetitively called her 'your majesty' or 'princess'.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby stood up straight, rising from his bow. He frowned slightly at her request, but nodded. "As you wish, yo-," he cut himself off and started that last part over, "Cassie."

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((do you think he should mention the upcoming ball?))

"Thank you." She smiled appreciatively. "Though I wonder what you have in that book of yours. I'm quite curious, but if it is personal there is no need to share." Cassie didn't want to offend the boy; that was no way to go about making friends.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((Why not? P.S. I gotta go in less than 5.))

"Oh, uh.." Darby wasn't sure if his sister would be happy or not if the princess saw her designs. Sure, she was a seamstress for the royal family. But the drawings in the book were of her own design and drawn by hand. He wasn't sure how she'd react. "It's my sister's," he said, instead. Then he changed topic, quickly but not rudely. "I heard that you're having a ball for your coming of age. How is the planning going?"

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie nodded in understanding that he didn't want to share his sister's belongings so openly and yet frowned at the mention of the upcoming ball. "Everything is on schedule as father has ordered likewise by the workers. It should be fine...other than the fact that I still cannot dance." she muttered the last part under her breath hoping Darby would not hear. Unfortunately his ears were too keen for her liking, and her comment was not missed.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) "You can't dance?" Darby said before he could stop himself. A blush heated his cheeks as he tried to recover and cover up what he'd said. "I mean, I'm sure you're a fine dancer. Everything takes practice and time in order to get good at it."

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie laughed at his innocent comment. "If only you had seen me you would not be saying such things. I was forced to dance with my brother Gabriel today and I can honestly say I felt bad for him. In fact, I felt guilty for leaving him with bruises. He practically forced Adelaide to teach me." Do say she could dance... what humor. Her eyes shone in delight. "I am not what you would call meek and eager to bend to your every will. I am free spirited and roam as I please, refusing to be tamed by such tactics." Of course, she was being a little over dramatic and theatrical, but she couldn't help it. It explained that she was no prissy rich girl, and she was proud not to be like the greedy daughters of lords trying to leech from the royals.

message 21: by ella (new)

ella  (katarella) | 97 comments Morgana walked into the cozy stables and walked to her horse Kallik. She slowly patted her neck and gave her the apple she had brought.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((I'll be gone for a long time; Probably about a week. :( Sorry guys.))

Darby smiled faintly as she spoke, his blush fading. "Well then, you seem to be an adventurous girl," he told the princess. He leaned against one of the stable walls, hands in his pockets. Normally, he wouldn't do so in front of royalty. But he had a feeling that Cassie wouldn't be mad at him. "I'm sure that you're ball will be lovely, even if you aren't the finest dancer there."

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie grinned at the truth of his statement. It wasn't that she wouldn't try, it's just that other girls would do better than her no matter what. Even Adelaide would be there, and there would be no way she could top her sister.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby's smile grew a bit more visible when the princess grinned. Then he cleared his throat and gestured to her horse. "Need help getting on his back, Miss Cassie?" he asked.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

She nodded in signal that she didn't mind his help at all. In truth there was no need for his help, but because she was a lady-- and it was only polite to offer help and receive it-- she could not deny him. She may have been rude some of the time, but that did not mean she turned down help from kind and unthreatening boys. "Thank you," she offered as she threw in a sweet smile at Darby.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby stood up straight, no longer leaning on the wall. He nodded and walked over to her. "It's my pleasure," he told her, then a small smile appeared on his lips. "You sure you need help, miss? I'll only help if you need it. You look like an experienced rider."

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"I do ride often. Everyday in fact, but I was taught not to turn down help. Besides, I do have my clumsy moments, even when I mount my horse." Cassie's cheeks tinted pink because it was true; she wasn't completely prone from her somewhat clumsy nature. It didn't happen most of the time though.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby nodded, stopping a few feet away from the princess. "I believe you, but I doubt that you have many clumsy moments," he told her. His smile became more apparent. "You know, I worked here about a week ago and for a while. Yet, I've never ridden a horse." Okay, he said that just to keep the small talk going. But it was true what he'd said.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Smiling brightly, Cassie got an idea in her head. She had always wanted to ride with someone else, yet no one ever wanted to ride with her. Only, she had a feeling that Darby would turn down her offer, which for some reason made her sad. "Well, we could ride Tempest together. She's not fond of many other people, but she seems calm enough around you that it could work. What do you say?" She couldn't help the hopeful glint in her eyes as her excitement shone through. She hadn't originally come out to ride, but maybe that's just what she needed to relax.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) That was not an offer Darby had been expecting. He looked hesitant and stayed silent for a moment, while he thought about it. "Are you sure, Miss Cassie?" he asked. "If you want me to, I can. But honestly..I have a feeling that I'll fall off your horse, Tempest."

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

She gave him a pointed look that said 'nonsense' because she didn't believe that would happen. And if it did, he could get right back up. "That is the point of learning. If you fall off you get back on. Besides, I don't think you'll be that terrible, and you'll have me too."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) He shifted, looking a bit uncomfortable. But he nodded, giving in. The princess had a point; Besides, one of the first steps of learning something was actually trying it. He knew that well enough. "Alright, I'll come. I trust you."

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

"We'll start with the basics." She nodded indifferently, yet she couldn't help but feel giddy inside. As she reached for Tempest's saddle, she spoke loud enough that Darby could hear her even as she faced away from him. "Do you know how to tack a horse?"

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((Gtg.))

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

((Awww. Okay :) ))

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((Back!))

Darby went to nod, then realized that Her Highness couldn't see him. "Yes," he answered, walking up beside her.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

"Could you help me out? It'll go faster if we're both working together." She spoke politely, I intrigued by this boy's nature. He wasn't like most of the boys she had met that were young lords looking for courtship or some of the stuck up, arrogant guys that thought the world revolved around them. It was a nice change from the norm.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby nodded. "Or course," he said. Since his last job had been as a stable hand, he knew how to tack the horse. While he helped Cass out, he thought about how she was acting. She wasn't acting like a stuck-up royal or a prissy beauty queen. And honestly, he was a servant and she was a princess. He hadn't really been expecting her to talk to him at all.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

((Have you noticed how cliché this will be? Instead of the popular girl and the nerdy boy it's a princess and a servant. So it's princess style! :D))

Tempest was tacked and ready to go before Cassie even realized it, and it was then she felt the familiar thrill of riding starting to pulse through her. She was ready for excitement, ready to be in her element, and she nearly forgot Darby in her enthusiasm as she was already on her horse.

She looked over her shoulder to look at Darby, who almost looked like a lost puppy. Like it was weird to be in his situation. Of course, it was weird for him- he was a servant conversing normally with a princess after all- so she couldn't blame him. "Can you get on Tempest by yourself?"

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((Hahaha, yeah. It's awesome!))

Darby frowned, looking up at the princess and horse. He seemed to be thinking about it, then said, "I can try. I'm not sure if I can do it, but I can try." He'd watched others mount their horses when he'd worked at the stables, plus, he'd watched her mount Tempest just now. He walked up to the horse, looking nervous. "But, by any chance, do you have any pointers?"

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie moved her foot from the stirrup that he could see before she pointed to it. "Put your left foot in the stirrup, and push yourself up while swinging your right leg over the back of the horse. It works better that way."

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby still looked hesitant, but now he also looked determined too. He nodded to her, indicating that he understood. "Got it," he said. He took a breath, then put his left foot in the stirrup. He pushed himself up and over the back of the horse, finding himself sitting just behind the princess. "Hey, I did it," he said, sounding surprised.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Grinning despite the realization that he couldn't see her since she was facing away from him, Cassie replied as she urged Tempest to start to move. "You did. Although, you're going to have to hold on..."

A blush crept up her hidden cheeks as she realized what she had blindly put both herself and Darby into. She didn't think of it earlier, but she had placed herself in close proximity to Darby, a boy she barely knew, but a boy nonetheless. She wasn't that familiar in interaction with boys other than her siblings.

Now here she was, sitting with Darby on a horse while he needed a way to stay on the horse, meaning either tightening his hold on Tempest which would throw her off, or clinging onto Cassie while he watched her steer her horse. Why hadn't this crossed her mind earlier? Well, at least Darby couldn't see her embarrassment from her impulsive behavior and desire just to have someone around that would actually talk with her.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Darby now felt insanely awkward. He was supposed to hold on to Her Royal Highness, the princess? If my mom hears about this, she's going to have a stroke, he thought.

He wasn't quite sure about this. For one, he didn't want to get his family into trouble because of something he'd done. For two.......Holding onto Cassie was just going to be flat out awkward and nerve racking. He was hesitating again, but then slowly slid his hands around her waist. He made sure that he wouldn't cause her or him to fall off, while leaving just a bit of space between them.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Trying to keep herself from fidgeting awkwardly in the saddle, Cassie guided Tempest to the door where she could see the grass swaying lightly in the gentle breeze. Witnessing nature in it's most gentle state settled her nerves despite the warmth that surrounded her waist from Darby's arms. A soft smile covered her features, giving her the look of the innocent and carefree child that she could openly be when she was by herself. There was no acting involved; she could be herself here.

((To the meadow! :D))

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) ((Okie-doke! :D ))