Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > August 2013 Nominations

Comments Showing 1-50 of 167 (167 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth  (techeditor) | 1004 comments I'm waiting to know who won the last vote. Then I'll vote here.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen I hope I know what I am doing here. I am nominating: The Hiding Place by David J. Bell

I hope I picked a book correctly . I checked out the unread nominations. think last time I did not do it correctly.

message 3: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Karen, great pick!! I voted for it for July, seems like an amazing read.
I would like to pick Deadly Memories by S.D. O'Donnell.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Chava wrote: "Karen, great pick!! I voted for it for July, seems like an amazing read.
I would like to pick Deadly Memories by S.D. O'Donnell."

I voted for it also. I will have to check out your nomination.

message 5: by Leigh (new)

message 6: by Mona (new)

Mona Garg (k1721m) | 41 comments Never Tell & Blindsighted get my vote.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Chava wrote: "Karen, great pick!! I voted for it for July, seems like an amazing read.
I would like to pick Deadly Memories by S.D. O'Donnell."

I think we both like books with missing or Jane or John Does in the storyline.

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (butbooksarebetter) I would like to nominate Like This, For Ever by S.J. Bolton by S.J. Bolton - loved all her previous books and can't wait to get my hands on this one.

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Kalthoff (wkalthoff) | 32 comments anything by sir arhur conan doyle sherlock holme's series

message 10: by George (new)

George Matusek (gmatusk) | 2 comments I nominate my all-time favorite mystery, "The Chill" (1963) by Ross Macdonald. Not only is it a great mystery with an unusually great ending, but it's also wonderful just as a literary novel.

message 11: by Donald (last edited Jun 08, 2013 10:12AM) (new)

Donald Scott (writeondon) | 87 comments Am new here, so hoping to do this correctly - I would like to nominate 'Crooked House' by Agatha Christie; it was her own favorite of her books, and is mine, as well. At the time of acceptance, her publisher even wanted her to change the ending, but she stuck to her guns and it's just one of my fave mysteries of all time for it. Crooked House by Agatha Christie

message 12: by Ann (new)

Ann | 12 comments Nocturne, Opus 1: Sea Foam
I am nominating Nocturne, Opus 1: Sea Foam. It has a controversial ending for the punishment of an usual crime, and I think it will generate a lot of discussion. Nocturne, Opus 1 Sea Foam by Norene Moskalski

message 13: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 6434 comments I would like to nominate Instruments of Darkness by Imogen Robertson. It is a historical mystery and sounds very interesting.

message 14: by Allison (new)

Allison Kohn (allisonkohn) | 23 comments I nominate Double Wahmmy by Gretchen Archer.

message 15: by Carey (new)

Carey | 2 comments I would like to nominate "The Case of the Beautiful Beggar" by Erle Stanley Gardner. A Perry Mason mystery.

message 16: by Nasheeba (new)

Nasheeba Selim | 3 comments I would like to nominate "Before I go to Sleep" by S. J. Watson. I absolutely loved it. It's a thriller mystery.

message 17: by Beth (new)

Beth  (techeditor) | 1004 comments Nasheeba wrote: "I would like to nominate "Before I go to Sleep" by S. J. Watson. I absolutely loved it. It's a thriller mystery."

Too late; that book was already a pick for May.

message 18: by Beth (last edited Jun 12, 2013 08:20AM) (new)

Beth  (techeditor) | 1004 comments I nominate A Land More Kind Than Home.

This is "a mesmerizing literary thriller" (NEW YORK TIMES).

NPR says it is “So beautifully written that you’ll be torn about how fast to read it."

message 19: by Josh (new)

Josh | 9 comments I nominate "Water Touching Stone" by Eliot Pattison

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mullinix | 2 comments I am new here also, so I hope this is the correct way to nominate a book. I would like to nominate Defending Jacob by William Landay. Excellent book!

message 21: by Beth (new)

Beth  (techeditor) | 1004 comments Lisa wrote: "I am new here also, so I hope this is the correct way to nominate a book. I would like to nominate Defending Jacob by William Landay. Excellent book!"

We discussed that book a couple/few months ago. Yes, everyone thought it was excellent.

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mullinix | 2 comments Beth wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I am new here also, so I hope this is the correct way to nominate a book. I would like to nominate Defending Jacob by William Landay. Excellent book!"

We discussed that book a coupl..."

Oh Ok thanks. like I said, I'm new here. I'll think of another one.. :)

message 23: by DeeAnn (new)

DeeAnn (anndeehi) I nominate THE YARD by Alex Grecian.

message 24: by Ajay (new)

Ajay | 32 comments My nomination Eight Million Ways to Die (Matthew Scudder, #5) by Lawrence Block by Lawrence Block

message 25: by Caron (new)

Caron Allan (caronallan) I would like to nominate: Belinda Bauer's first book, Blacklands

There is nothing like this for atmosphere and the legacy of a terrible crime

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily I am going to nominate The Judas Strain by James Rollins.

message 27: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb56) What about Devil in the White City The Devil in the White City Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson by Erik Larson

message 28: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 6434 comments Deb wrote: "What about Devil in the White CityThe Devil in the White City Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson by Erik Larson"

Do we do true crime?

message 29: by Bill (new)

Bill I nominate the first Mr. Moto thriller; by John P. Marquand, Your Turn, Mr. Moto.

message 30: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 6434 comments Bill wrote: "I nominate the first Mr. Moto thriller; by John P. Marquand, Your Turn, Mr. Moto."

I second that Bill! I've read the Charlie Chan books - would love to read the Mr. Moto books!

message 31: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Anaka (meaz7) | 63 comments I would like to nominate Stephen King's new book "Joyland " which is in paperback and The Shadow of the Wind [Paperback]
Carlos Ruiz Zafond

message 32: by Robin (new)

Robin I'd like to nominate "Starvation Lake" by Bryan Gruley.

message 33: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Corley | 1300 comments I would like to nominate the following:

Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes

message 34: by Nasheeba (new)

Nasheeba Selim | 3 comments Andrea wrote: "I would like to nominate the following:

Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes"

I loved this one.

message 35: by Nasheeba (new)

Nasheeba Selim | 3 comments I would like to nominate the "The Fifth Woman" by Henning Mankell

message 36: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Kalthoff (wkalthoff) | 32 comments I second perry mason.

message 37: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 2216 comments I vote for
The Devil in the White City
The Telented Mr Ripley

message 38: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Hi all,
My votes go to The Hiding Place and Deadly Memories.
Have a great week!

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Hi
I vote for:
The Yard
The Talented Mr Ripley

message 40: by Sue (new)

Sue (coccotoro) | -359 comments Hi I vote for:

Deadly Memories and The Devil in the White City

message 41: by Kgwhitehurst (new)

Kgwhitehurst | 43 comments Sue wrote: "Hi I vote for:

Deadly Memories and The Devil in the White City"

WATER TOUCHING STONE and INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS

message 42: by Amy (new)

Amy Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes &
Joyland by Stephen King

message 43: by Cathie (new)

Cathie Klampfer | 4 comments Hey all,

I vote for: Never Tell and The Hiding Place.

message 44: by Casey (new)

Casey (liraelclayr) I vote for:

The Devil in the White City
The Talented Mr. Ripley

message 45: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Anaka (meaz7) | 63 comments I vote for Joyland by Stephen King and Nocturne, Opus 1: Sea Foam by Norene Moskalski

message 46: by Beth (new)

Beth | 4 comments Deadly Memories and The Hiding Place

message 47: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy | 3 comments I vote for Joyland by Stephen King

message 49: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb56) I vote for The Chill and The Devil in the White City

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I vote for Joyland and The Fifth Woman.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.