The Jolly Good Reading Society discussion

Ebooks and freebies! > Free ebooks worth reading!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) Although I'll always be a fan of physical books, I thought it would be good to share some of the free ebooks that we have discovered, whether we've read them already, or are just excited to get to them.

These can be ebooks from anywhere (e.g. Amazon, Kobo, Waterstones, etc), as long as they're free!

Here are a few of the ones that I have found that I either want to read or have already read and enjoyed:

How to Talk to Girls at Parties by Neil Gaiman
This is the latest offering that Neil Gaiman has released in anticipation to his new book that comes out this month. I'm personally looking forward to reading this and the first chapter of his new novel is included too.
How to Talk to Girls at Parties by Neil Gaiman

The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
I recently read this classic play for the first time, and as it's public domain it's free! I'd definitely recommend this.
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde

Identity by Ted Dekker
'Identity' is a really creepy short story that was suspenseful and confusing (in a good way). It is the first in a series though so be aware of that.
Identity (Eyes Wide Open, #1) by Ted Dekker

So what have you discovered that you would like to recommend? It can be any genre and from any retailer...just share great free books with the group :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This site has a big pile of classics to download.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
wow! thanks Katherine :)
I really need to read more classics and those will be ideal when I'm travelling and can't decide which books to take with me.

message 4: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) Jen wrote: "wow! thanks Katherine :)
I really need to read more classics and those will be ideal when I'm travelling and can't decide which books to take with me."

If you're looking for a good sci-fi classic that's free, I'd say to read 'The Time Machine' by H.G.Wells :)

message 5: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) I've just finished reading this short story; Star Wanderers by Joe Vasicek and it was pretty good. The ending was a bit odd but as it's part of a series I can understand that. This first one is free :)

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
I'm sure that Charlotte won't mind me mentioning this book that she has just read. It's still available for free at Amazon UK and it looks very interesting :)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 7: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) Jen wrote: "I'm sure that Charlotte won't mind me mentioning this book that she has just read. It's still available for free at Amazon UK and it looks very interesting :)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1..."

Yes! It was a really great start to a sci-fi graphic novel series...can't wait to get my hands on the rest =)

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
This looks interesting and worth a try at the price...FREE lol
The Second Birth of Frankenstein

message 9: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
I found this quite by accident. It's a really good (free) ebook about the Grimm TV show. Great photos of the sets! Available at Amazon uk
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...