The Jolly Good Reading Society discussion

How to Talk to Girls at Parties
This topic is about How to Talk to Girls at Parties
Ebooks and freebies! > Neil Gaiman Short Story!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) Hey,
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading Neil Gaiman's newly released short story, 'How to Talk to Girls at Parties', together, in a similar way the main monthly book is read?
At the moment, the book is free to download on Amazon which you can find here
So check it out on goodreads and let me know if you want to read and discuss this new offering from Mr Gaiman :)

How to Talk to Girls at Parties by Neil Gaiman

message 2: by Jen (last edited Jun 05, 2013 07:30AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen | 468 comments Mod
I'm very interested in this, thanks Charlotte :)
I'm not really a fan of ebooks, I love paper too much lol but Neil Gaiman is one of my favourite writer's (I haven't always liked his short stories) so this will be interesting!
I've downloaded mine to my phone and will let you know what I think in due course :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been really confused about why everyone has been talking about "How to Talk to Girls at Parties" because it was released like 7 YEARS ago in the short story collection Fragile Things. And has been free on his website (as text AND audio) since then. But now I understand! It's been re-released with a snippet of his new book at the end. I GET IT NOW. I love that it's finding more people.

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) Katherine wrote: "I've been really confused about why everyone has been talking about "How to Talk to Girls at Parties" because it was released like 7 YEARS ago in the short story collection Fragile Things. And has ..."

I was a bit confused at first too, but I think it's a great way to get an introduction to Neil Gaiman if you haven't read any of his. I was aware that it was already free, but I personally really like the Kindle format so I'm really pleased that it's now released in that format now :)

message 5: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen | 468 comments Mod
As predicted, I wasn't too keen on the short story. It was ok but I read so quickly that it barely lasted a few minutes. I much prefer Mr. Gaiman's full stories as he is excellent at building characters and drawing you into the plot. I did enjoy the preview of his new book, I'm really looking forward to picking up my copy in a couple of weeks :)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) I really didnt like this short story. I just found it really confusing and the ending seemed very strange and anticlimatic...