Reading with Style discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Summer 2013 10.4 U's Have it!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Jun 05, 2013 06:59AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11527 comments 10.4 U's Have it! Summer, June, July, August all have U as a second letter. Read a book with a word in the title that has a U as the second letter or an author whose name has u as a second letter. Ex The Hunt for Red October, The Quilter’s Legacy, Judy Blume, Richard Russo.

message 2: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Jun 05, 2013 07:01AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11527 comments Karen was right - lots of opportunity with this one. I have a couple penciled in that I wish would count twice!

Justine by Lawrence Durrell
Runaway by Alice Munro

message 3: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 2717 comments I was thinking of Justine for the tetralogy.

message 4: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jensamaha) | 261 comments Susanna Kearsley was born in Canada so she would be a combo with Task 20.9

message 5: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 2717 comments Just a question for combo points, I'm reading something by Ursula K. Le Guin - it fits another task but I was wondering if the U in Guin would count for this task, or not?

message 6: by Liz M (new)

Liz M Rosemary wrote: "Just a question for combo points, I'm reading something by Ursula K. Le Guin - it fits another task but I was wondering if the U in Guin would count for this task, or not?"

No, her last name is Le Guin.

message 7: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 2717 comments OK thanks! No problem, I just wasn't sure if it was any word in the name.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.