Reading with Style discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Summer 2013 10.2 Go Visit the Neighbors

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12338 comments 10.2 Go visit the neighbors Read a book found on the group bookshelves of the Books Stephen King Recommends group OR the Victorians! group.

message 2: by Camille (new)

Camille Here are some suggestions:

China Lake combo 10.3
Last Night in Twisted River jumbo pts
Mystic River combo 10.3
In the Lake of the Woods combo 10.3
One True Thing combos 10.4 & 20.5
Brideshead Revisited combo 20.8

I'm sure there are more combo pts out there, this was just a quick looksie--Camille

message 3: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jensamaha) | 261 comments If I get to feeling ambitious, I might read The Count of Monte Cristo from the Victorians! list. It is combo with 10.4 and has some very nice style points as well. :)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12338 comments I was already hoping to include the first of Trollope's Palliser series:

20.8 Can You Forgive Her? and
20.3Phineas Finn

which will combo with 10.2 and oldies/jumbo.

message 5: by Liz M (new)

Liz M Jenifer wrote: "If I get to feeling ambitious, I might read The Count of Monte Cristo from the Victorians! list. It is combo with 10.4 and has some very nice style points as well. :)"

If you like adventure stories, it reads surprisingly fast! If you can, get the Robin Buss translation (probably Penguin?)

message 6: by Liz M (new)

Liz M I am not with my spreadsheet, but Brideshead Revisited has quite a few combo points -- I believe it is a family saga & was published during Cy Young's lifetime...?

message 7: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4572 comments Liz M wrote: "I am not with my spreadsheet, but Brideshead Revisited has quite a few combo points -- I believe it is a family saga & was published during Cy Young's lifetime...?"

I have that one planned and I think those are the right combos. I've wanted to read that one for quite a while.

message 8: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4351 comments The Stephen King list has some books from the Jackson Brodie Quartet by Kate Atkinson

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12338 comments Rebekah wrote: "The Stephen King list has some books from the Jackson Brodie Quartet by Kate Atkinson"

Is this a concluded series, or will there be more? Just having 4 books in the series does not make it qualify for the tetralogy task.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.