The Challenge Factory discussion

A Matter of Time Book I (A Matter of Time #1)
This topic is about A Matter of Time Book I
2013 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > ☼ Ezinwanyi, Elisha, Jennifer C. & ~Melissa~ A Matter of Time

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments ☼ Ezinwanyi, Elisha, Jennifer C. & ~Melissa~ A Matter of Time

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Thanks Jenne!!

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Hey ~ depending on what is called for scavenger hunt and book bingo I will probably start next week Tues or Wed-ish. If this will work for the other challenges would start this weekend.
As always will put stuff in spoiler fashion,lol

Hey have any of you read this series? Fatal Shadows (Adrien English Mystery, #1) by Josh Lanyon I have this on one of my devices as well....

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16365 comments Mod
No, I haven't read it but I will go and add that Lanyon book :)

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi~For you, Agron wrote: "No, I haven't read it but I will go and add that Lanyon book :)"

BTW I just bought this book on audible Fatal Shadows (Adrien English Mystery, #1) by Josh Lanyon

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Hey guys! Quick question. The version I got is Volume 1, and includes book 1 & 2. Are we reading all of Volume 1 or just Book 1?

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Mine is vol 1 also and has book 1 and 2.

We'll see what Ezi has. I think Elishia may have already read this and was just going to join the discussion part....

We could start with Book 1 and continue with book 2 if everyone wants.

Ezi - what did I see about you starting Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6) by Abigail Roux next week....*glares* I thought we were going to wait until next month to prolong the series and have less agony waiting for the newest addition next March,lol

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

RE: Stars & Stripes (*chuckles) alright, I guess I did say I'd wait but you may need to reminding me. Darn that BDB group!

I bought Volume1 (book 1&2) but I just went and bought Volume 2 which contains book 3&4. I'm game for whatever. My audio book broke it up into 2 parts so I can read book 1 by itself.

message 9: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I vote book 1, not all of Volume 1

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments *chuckles* I'll keep reminding you about "patience is a virtue" LMBO oh and "absence makes the heart grow founder" I believe these apply to fictional life as well as real life,lol

I'm good with just book 1.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I'm good with that too, and you better wait for us Ezi! It was your idea!! I started this one today. The first book won't take long. It's a pretty quick read.

message 12: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jun 08, 2013 10:19PM) (new)

Jennifer C. wrote: "I'm good with that too, and you better wait for us Ezi! It was your idea!! I started this one today. The first book won't take long. It's a pretty quick read."

Lol. I'll wait and start this one tomorrow but think we should note that book 1 is only 191 pages, so we will likely finish it in one sitting

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I'll try to start this tonight. I can't make it work for my other two challenges....but I think I found 1 book that will work for those two ......thank God. Just need approval for cover,lol

I'll catch up to y'all in no time ☺

message 14: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ill start tonight too then Melissa. I want to catch up on Dark hunter because I never finished Danger's book. Which DH book are you on?

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I think I'm up to Dark side of the Moon - maybe # 10 or 11. I finished Wren's book which is after Danger's book.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I finished the first one so fast that I decided to just keep going. I'll wait for you guys to discuss. I'm about halfway through Book 2. Is this series complete, or is it ongoing? Does anyone know?

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I think there are at least 5 books maybe more...not sure of total # in series.

I'm just about to start. Had to finish my challenge book Perfection (A Neighbor from Hell #2) by R.L. Mathewson - was a quick funny read but the H was kind of annoying with his constant reference to his *list* of requirements for a wife

message 18: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Jennifer C. wrote: "I finished the first one so fast that I decided to just keep going. I'll wait for you guys to discuss. I'm about halfway through Book 2. Is this series complete, or is it ongoing? Does anyone k..."

There are 5 books but they are less than 200 pages so the books would be quick reads,

Did you enjoy the first book?

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I did. It really is a quick read. I'll wait for you guys to discuss. I stayed up really late finishing it so I didn't really post as I went. One of the characters really pissed me off several times. I wonder if you guys will feel the same way. I finished all of Volume 1.

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I only got about 15% in last night but I have vol 1 which has book 1 and 2 in it. I wasn't paying attention to chapters,lol
Interesting so far. I'll read more tonight

message 21: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Jennifer C. wrote: "I did. It really is a quick read. I'll wait for you guys to discuss. I stayed up really late finishing it so I didn't really post as I went. One of the characters really pissed me off several t..."

do you like it as much as Cut & Run? Is the writing as good? Feel free to write your feelings...

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Not as good as C&R. The writing is fine. There do seem to be more errors the further I got. I liked it enough to continue though.

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments So far it definitely doesn't have the same feel as Cut & Run series. Not sure that was what the author was going for anyways.
I'm not far enough in yet. I am liking it. Jory seems interesting - not sure about the Detective yet (view spoiler)

message 24: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Jennifer C. wrote: "Not as good as C&R. The writing is fine. There do seem to be more errors the further I got. I liked it enough to continue though."

Maybe the errors won't seem glaring to me since i have the audio version.

message 25: by Jennifer C. (last edited Jun 11, 2013 05:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Did any of you happen to catch the show Graceland this week? It's a new show on USA. I really liked the first episode. It reminds me a little of C&R. A bunch of smartass FBI working undercover. Oh, and Briggs is hotttttt!

message 26: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

OMG Jennifer,
Why didn't you tell me how slow this book is? I'm on Chpter 4 and it feels like I've been listening forevaaaa!

Maybe it's the narrator but this book feels like a cloudy day. Please tell me it's going to pick up soon, or I will wait on book 2.

Please give me some hope

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I don't know. I can't listen to audio books. I tend to space out and my mind just wanders. I thought it was a really quick read.

How's it going for you Melissa?

message 28: by Jennifer C. (last edited Jun 11, 2013 06:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments OK Ezi. I went back and skimmed. Something happens in Chapter 6. You can make it. Just 2 chapters!

I may also think that it was a quick read because I'm reading A Dance with Dragons on the side and I fall asleep EVERY chapter! This was like a walk in the park.

message 29: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ok. I'll hang on. There was like 2 chapters on his architectural genius boss, who is a horrible ladies man. So I was like, ummmm, shouldn't Jory be trying to hide after what he witnessed? But the mean Scowling cop just reappeared. I'm going to keep going.

P.s. I have the Game of thrones on audio and kindle but I'm afraid to go. I want to listen to it but its like 32 hours per book just like Outlander

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I know, right? He just goes about his day like he didn't just witness a murder. No big deal. I started to like Dane more as it went on.

Game of Thrones is a great series, but there is a lot of detail and world building. Each chapter is from a different persons pov and there are a lot of characters. I definitely think it's worth the time but there are definitely some slow parts that you have to push through. The first is the easiest though. There's a lot going on.

message 31: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I'm enjoying the show. Plus I want to wait until Martin I done writing. I hear tht he doesn't keep to a specific writing schedule/release schedule. So I want it all done.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments That's the part I'm worried about. Next season will be the end of book 3 and there are supposed to be 7 total and only 5 are released. I think the show is going to catch up to the books too fast. I like to read before I watch TV shows or movies based on books. I have a feeling they are both complete and he just likes the anticipation.

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Jennifer wrote:I know, right? He just goes about his day like he didn't just witness a murder. No big deal. I started to like Dane more as it went on.

I have to say I couldn't believe that Jory just kept going out clubbing and whatever .... with no thought that anything would happen to him.

Ezinwanyi wrote: There was like 2 chapters on his architectural genius boss, who is a horrible ladies man. So I was like, ummmm, shouldn't Jory be trying to hide after what he witnessed?
Yeah - I didn't really get the appeal of dane in those first chapters. Still on the fence about him but he just made a decision that made me think maybe he isn't all bad or out for himself....

Ok Don't know what chapter I'm on and I didn't get to read any yesterday. Not sure how far Ezi is yet...
(view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Jennifer C. wrote: "Did any of you happen to catch the show Graceland this week? It's a new show on USA. I really liked the first episode. It reminds me a little of C&R. A bunch of smartass FBI working undercover...."

Missed it. What day of the week and time is this on... sounds like something I would like to watch

message 35: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Since you two are ahead, I will post freely!

Interesting that Det. Sam Cage was so turned on by Jory.
Also found it fascinating that he 1) was comfortable enough to try to reciprocate 2) spend the night 3) spoon with Jory

He asked if "we were good"...Awww!

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Ok I finished book 1 and was pissed at the ending so I had to continue and finished book 2 tonight.

So without any spoilers these two have to be the most exhausting characters to read about ...however with that said I feel the need to find out WTF happens next...

Too many other books I'm committed to right now but I know I will be buying the next volume that has books 3 and 4 in them.

As crazy as Jory is I just feel that Sam is more f*cked up.

message 37: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

LMAO. Is this one of those?

I am on Chapter 8. Do you know what's interesting? When I read Warrior's Cross, I didn't get the feeling that Cameron was flamboyant or super effeminate. But here, I feel like Jory is a walking Liberace, you know really out there and open and wrist bending. I do want to know what it is about Jory that made Sam try him out.

So Melissa, did you enjoy the book or is it a trainwreck you can't take your eyes off (like Maury Povich and the paternity test shows)?

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I did enjoy the book. (Maybe a little Maury Povich-ish,lol) Jory is definitely kind of a spaz airhead type that I felt truly knew himself if that makes sense. Loved his relationship with Dane. Dane actually cracks me up. Not sure if you've made it to Thanksgiving but that scene with Dane and the chick was hilarious!! Sam drove me nuts. I felt sorry for Jory several times throughout the whole volume #1.

Where as in Warrior's Cross you knew that Julian truly cared for Cameron. Just a different vibe in this book. I felt like Sam has no self awareness that he tends to make everything about himself. Were as I didn't feel that from Jory more of a resigned-ness that he would step back. Hopefully I'm not giving anything away to you.

I'm hoping Sam redeems himself in Vol 2

Jennifer what were your thoughts....

message 39: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ok.
See I feel like Sam really cares for Jory. he is checking his place, checking him for safety, taking care of him after he got out of the hospital etc.

I haven't gotten to Thanksgiving but Dane is annoying to me right now.

This book is quite different from Cut & Run.

I heard a restaurant name in this book that I heard either in Warrior's Cross. I will try to remember it

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Some of Sam's actions definitely show that he cares for Jory but then he would do something to totally ruin the effect....

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "Jennifer C. wrote: "Did any of you happen to catch the show Graceland this week? It's a new show on USA. I really liked the first episode. It reminds me a little of C&R. A bunch of smartass FBI..."

It's on Thursday's at 10 EST on USA.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "Ok I finished book 1 and was pissed at the ending so I had to continue and finished book 2 tonight.

So without any spoilers these two have to be the most exhausting characters to read about ...ho..."

Sam is definitely messed up. He made me so mad so many times. I really wanted Dane to just kick his ass at least once.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "I did enjoy the book. (Maybe a little Maury Povich-ish,lol) Jory is definitely kind of a spaz airhead type that I felt truly knew himself if that makes sense. Loved his relationship with Dane. Dane..."

The Thanksgiving scene was hilarious. I agree. I just thought that Jory was such a ridiculous peacemaker. We should send him to every war. He can just snap his fingers and all disagreements end. I thought that was a bit unbelievable.

I think I have such an issue with Sam because he's not always even close to nice to Jory. He tells him he's stupid all the time and the very end of the first book, made me just want to punch him in the face. It's like he just tries to say hurtful things and doesn't care at all. I understand that this is his first gay experience and he is not ready to out himself to the world, but he doesn't need to be so mean.

message 44: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I only have 1 1/2 left and in Chapter 11, but Sam hasn't been anything like what you guys are saying. His sister is screwing someone in SAMs house and Jory had thought it was Sam and a woman.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Get back to us after you finish chapter 12...

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Jennifer C. wrote: "~Melissa~ wrote: "Jennifer C. wrote: "Did any of you happen to catch the show Graceland this week? It's a new show on USA. I really liked the first episode. It reminds me a little of C&R.

It's on Thursday's at 10 EST on USA. "

Thanks- can't catch it tonight - maybe next week I can squeeze it in...

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Jennifer C. wrote: Sam is definitely messed up. He made me so mad so many times. I really wanted Dane to just kick his ass at least once....."

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! I just once wanted Jory to tell him off for god's sake!?!?

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Jennifer wrote: I think I have such an issue with Sam because he's not always even close to nice to Jory. He tells him he's stupid all the time and the very end of the first book, made me just want to punch him in the face. It's like he just tries to say hurtful things and doesn't care at all. I understand that this is his first gay experience and he is not ready to out himself to the world, but he doesn't need to be so mean.

Yes. It's not even like Jory expected him to "do" anything while they were out in public so I didn't get why Sam had to be such a dick when they were alone with the mean comments.

Second book spoiler (view spoiler)

message 49: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

WOW.
Ummm, okay, so I see what you meant:(

Sam is an asshat douchbag jackass. So this is a spring fling, and when he is done having fun, he will get a wife and kids?
WOW.

I finished book 1, and need to see if he gets better before I start book 2.

Do things get better?

I still don't like Dane, though I accept that he cares for Jory and is helpful. He still seems really aloof, and I doubt that he would be so kind to Jory if Jory wasn't critical to the smooth operation of Dane's business/life

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Sam made me mad because he was so demanding and controlling with Jory too. I just really didn't like the way Sam treats Jory in the first book. Sam does get somewhat better in the second book but I'm still not sure how I feel about him.

Does anyone else wonder if Dane is gay too? He just seems to go through women like crazy and it doesn't seem like any of them have ever meant anything to him.

« previous 1