Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Entwined with You discussion

Wanted to share what Sylvia Day said on facebook

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Arlene Mcintosh You might have already read this but I thought I would post what she said about the crossfire series

FROM SYLVIA DAY

Okay, so there are lots of questions about the next book! That's wonderful and I'm thrilled that so many of you are looking forward to it. I'm so grateful for you all. I feel really blessed.

My original contract with Penguin/Berkley was for three books. That's a pretty typical contract. In my ten years of writing/publishing, I've done contracts for one, two, and three books at a time, but never for more than three. Publishers don't want to invest too much at one time and authors don't want to get tied down too long, just in case things don't work out well and they decide to move on.

Usually the publisher and author will negotiate for new books as soon as the last book in the contract is turned in so that pre-orders can go up and things can keep rolling forward. That didn't happen with Crossfire.That's why you don't see pre-orders up for Books 4 and 5.

The delay was due, in part, to how contentious things got when the release date of Entwined with You was moved to June, something I didn't want and fought strenuously. It was a horrible decision made by the publisher and we all can see the effects of that now. A lot of readers assumed the date move was my decision and it absolutely was not. I hated it and knew it was going to set the wrong tone for readers. (I also have no say in pricing, although I argue all the time for a lower price point for digital - I'm a digital reader, too. I understand.)

I'm now, at this late date, working on finalizing the publication of Books 4 and 5. Does that mean the books are ages away? No. Everyone wants to wrap up the series (including me!) as soon as possible and I expect we'll have a firm date for the publication that I can share within the next two weeks or so. It's not going to be a year away!! I write must faster than that and I've got a head start. :) Again, I don't control release dates, but I know what I *won't* be seeing happening again. I don't want to keep you waiting. I never wanted to keep you waiting.

I know some readers have decided that Crossfire was extended for monetary reasons, but I can say in all honesty, I would make the same amount of money for a new series and likely MORE, so I assure you, money is not motivating how the series is being handled moving forward. My primary goal is keeping your trust, delivering books to you in a timely manner, and making sure Gideon and Eva have the happy ending they deserve.

Thanks for bearing with me while I address the deficits in the handling of the first three novels and thank you so much for all the wonderful emails, posts, and tweets about Entwined with You. I love the book and I'm so happy that so many of you did, too!

message 2: by Connie (new) - added it

Connie Thank you for posting this. It makes me feel better knowing that I don't have to wait for 2 years to complete this series.

Tina Looking forward to Book 4 & 5.....

Heather Loved all three books and hoping it won't be too long until 4 and 5 come out too... I am not good with waiting... :-)

Natalie Townsend I think because of the delay in the last book and the third book not being as exciting as the first 2 maybe the publisher might think about putting the next 2 books as half price $4.99 and have them out before the end on the year. This might make some of the fans a little more happy and bring some of the readers back to reading the series. I think maybe they need to make amends for what has happened.

Tammie I definitely believe that readers will not buy books 4 & 5 with a $10 digital price point. I've never seen the backlash against an author like this. I truly believe, and have stated for months, that the publisher was playing games building "50 shades" hype. It has backfired big time. The sad fact is that people will never remember the name of the publisher to blame. Instead, they WILL blame Sylvia and many are already stating that they won't finish the series or any of her future books.

Sylvia really needs a good crisis PR firm to step in and fix her image. Step one should be to immediately release firm dates for the final two. If they are smart they will release them within 45 days and not worry about coordinating paperback. She needs to take control and fight for her reputation and beg lost readers to forgive her for a less than stellar #3. Let's face it...it wasn't on par with the first two and the price was a great big bee sting!

Natalie Townsend I agree Tammie. She has got a lot of work to do to save this series. She might blame the publisher but no one cares about them only that she wrote the book. It might not be fare but that is what is happening.

romance enthusiast glad to see this, i cant wait for the two book, hopefully is the story will still be great:)

Jessica Shay Regardless of how long we've had to wait, its still a favorite series of mine.. and i only want them here faster for selfish reasons!

It saddens me that everyone wants to pee on sylvias parade!

Slavena Whatever she writes in defence will not be good enough. I bet that E. L. James was offered contract to extend the Fifty Shades series but never did, probably Deborah Harkness got a million dollar offers to make more books in Discovery of Witches but I haven't heard her say anything but that the third will be the last in the series. If you tell a publisher you have 3 books, what are they going to do, threaten you with bodily harm to sign for 2 more. And her making the same amount of money for 5 as for 3 is bulshit. Write a spin-off for the last 2 if you will, like many other authors are doing, not ripping off your fans

Ilana i certainly understand the frustration in publishing dates, and i think that in the end it'll all work out. to be honest, i for some reason had it in my head that we'd have to wait even longer for EWY so it's not a big deal. i am quite invested in the series now and can't wait to see what twists come up since we know that it can't be over and done with.

the one thing that does worry me is that in the age of social media, i can't see how it'll help things by talking about a contentious relationship with your publisher, doesn't make them want to fight for you more when there are a million other authors. at least SD has her talent and success to stand behind!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for the explanation. I will wait, however long it takes because I love the Crossfire series! Gideon and Eva's story is just that good! This last book unfolded well, wonderful descriptions and details, such a great read! It would be nice to see the next two installments in the series sooner, within the next 3-4 months. Keep up the good work!

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Tammie wrote: "I definitely believe that readers will not buy books 4 & 5 with a $10 digital price point. I've never seen the backlash against an author like this. I truly believe, and have stated for months, ..."

Well said Tammie.

message 14: by A. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A. Jones Thanks for writing this; it is good to know. I look forward to the next two books and am glad that you are taking the time to let the story develop. We need to get through Gideon's story and it would have seemed rushed if it was completed in EWY. Keep 'em coming!

message 15: by Lorna (new) - added it

Lorna Glad someone posted this as I hadn't seen it. I'm glad there are more books and that it isn't going to take years to finish this series as I hate waiting for a book.

Heather Jessica wrote: "Regardless of how long we've had to wait, its still a favorite series of mine.. and i only want them here faster for selfish reasons!

It saddens me that everyone wants to pee on sylvias parade!"

I agree....100%

Heather If you read the first three books and enjoyed them (as I did) you will buy books 4 and 5 to finish the series regardless of how it all went down with release dates and publisher decisions.... if you chose to not read the final two books because of nonsense you can't control it will be your loss....

Looking forward to seeing how this story comes together at the end :-)

message 18: by Paris (kerbytejas) (last edited Jun 09, 2013 05:42AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Paris        (kerbytejas) Heather wrote: "If you read the first three books and enjoyed them (as I did) you will buy books 4 and 5 to finish the series regardless of how it all went down with release dates and publisher decisions.... if yo..."

not necessarily a true statement...I will read book 4 most likely but it will not have the same importance that book 3 had for me (excitement that went to disappointment after reading the book) I may not read it for years after it comes out... book 3 was not satisfying enough to make book 4 important.. and book 5(whenever).
Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) by Sylvia Day was just too much filler pieced together with sex (HOT) and not much storyline, or growth of Gideon and Eva on their issues

Kaeri I was honestly very disappointed with this. I probably won't buy the next books, unless on a huge sale price. Not looking forward to it. I just think five books are too much... I just think a story as simple as this should not be stretched this far.

Kaeri Paris (kerbytejas) wrote: "Heather wrote: "If you read the first three books and enjoyed them (as I did) you will buy books 4 and 5 to finish the series regardless of how it all went down with release dates and publisher dec..."

I agree. There were so many filler chapters and though there were really good bits, it wasn't enough to make up for what's lacking.

For the next two books, I'm not gonna check out the bookstore to specifically buy them, especially not on the release date, unlike for Entwined. Probably only when I have absolutely nothing else to read on my shelf.

message 21: by Cc (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cc Tammie wrote: "I definitely believe that readers will not buy books 4 & 5 with a $10 digital price point. I've never seen the backlash against an author like this. I truly believe, and have stated for months, ..."
HEAR.HEAR!
That would bring me back to finish the series.

message 22: by Bev (new) - rated it 1 star

Bev Tammie wrote: "I definitely believe that readers will not buy books 4 & 5 with a $10 digital price point. I've never seen the backlash against an author like this. I truly believe, and have stated for months, ..."

Well said. I for one will not be suckered into buying books 4 and 5. There are so many awesome authors out there who are more than able to tell a story of two dysfunctional, messed-up people in one book, let alone having to drag it over 5!! EWY was just awful, so much so I could not bring myself to finish it. Such a shame after a brilliant start with books 1 and 2.

Brenda Arlene wrote: "You might have already read this but I thought I would post what she said about the crossfire series

FROM SYLVIA DAY

Okay, so there are lots of questions about the next book! That's wonderful and..."

Penguin books by all authors I have looked at (Certainly not all Penguin authors) are higher than others and almost always at the 9.99 point to higher. John Sandford's books start out at 14.99 ereader price and most (Even very early titles) stay at the 9.99 or higher price. You can't blame the author. Blame the publisher. Write them the nasty letters and the nasty questions.

Sillysun Wait, but didn't Sylvia CHOOSE Penguin? I would have more respect if she just admitted it was about the money, but anyone is lying if they say it isn't. Who doesn't want to go from a self-published author to getting a major multi-book deal from a publishing company?!

It really irritates me that everyone thinks the author is innocent in all this. As others stated, had she delived the goods we would be less critical, but the book was disappointed to say the least. If it wasn't for her loyal readers she wouldn't have a book deal in the first place.

Yes, she supplied the initial story that hooked us, and I stand by that first story, but book 2 and book 3 didn't deliver the goods. Why would I spend $20 more on books that still don't deliver?

I got hooked before her publishing deal. When the e-book was around $1. When no one knew about this series. When there was no snazzy cover to go with the snazzy paperbacks. I feel like a chump at this point.

message 25: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori owen Looking forward to books 4 & 5.
Can't wait to read them!!

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Sillysun wrote: "Wait, but didn't Sylvia CHOOSE Penguin? I would have more respect if she just admitted it was about the money, but anyone is lying if they say it isn't. Who doesn't want to go from a self-publish..."

Well said.

Michelle Seear Loved the book, loving the series and am very excited about 4 and 5. So much left unanswered that to try and cram it all in would of ruined the book. I was a bit put out that had to wait 8months for ewy but as for the price I paid £3.19 on a preorder from whsmith. Couldn't get it much cheaper. Just hoping that the next 2 come out this yr a few months is plenty of time and I can't wait for the story to continue. Well done to Sylvia day for a brilliant series so far.

Kaeri Sillysun wrote: I would have more respect if she just admitted it was about the money, but anyone is lying if they say it isn't."

THIS. I mean, I would understand if she had to extend up to the 4th book, but 5th? Really? Why not make it 7 to match the Harry Potter books?

She's fooling no one when she said money wasn't involved. Crossfire is her most successful and mainstream series, she's obviously milking it because she knows she's starting to get the hype.

Too bad it backfired.

Arlene Mcintosh Sillysun wrote: "Wait, but didn't Sylvia CHOOSE Penguin? I would have more respect if she just admitted it was about the money, but anyone is lying if they say it isn't. Who doesn't want to go from a self-publish..."

I agree with you - I just finished Entwined with you and it could have been wrapped up with the 3rd book and I can't say I loved it but I didn't love reflected in you either so I keep reading them but I don't have the intensity to read book 4 and 5.

message 30: by Kathleen (new) - added it

Kathleen Johnson I have not purchased the book yet nor will I. I trust what I have read here and on Amazon. Based on what the author says I have to call "BS". You can't blame release dates and your publisher. This was clearly an attempt at getting more money. When you have loyal readers you need to return that loyalty. This should have been a 3 book series as it was originally intended to be. I kind of had a feeling something funky was going on when a Lush Kiss of Surrender never made out to us readers that were soooo excited to see what happened with Raze and Kim. The day that I read Entwined with you is when it is offered as a "free" ebook. I refuse to buy from an author that clearly has screwed me.

message 31: by Tammy (last edited Jun 16, 2013 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tammy Paris

not necessarily a true statement...I will read book 4 most likely but it will not have the same importance that book 3 had for me (excitement that went to disappointment after reading the book) I may not read it for years after it comes out... book 3 was not satisfying enough to make book 4 important.. and book 5(whenever).
was just too much filler pieced together with sex (HOT) and not much storyline, or growth of Gideon and Eva on their issues

I believe this is exactly the problem, Paris. I think everyone could get over the lack of resolution for Gideon and Eva's story. I mean, we love them so why wouldn't we want more?? The problem is that the caliber of writing in the third book did not measure up to the writing in the first two. Whatever the reason, that is the truth of the matter. We should have had an announcement of some sort about the extension of the series (and not just some sort of & A thing on her site, a REAL announcement). You cannot surprise consumers who are so invested in a series with an, "Oh no, this is not the end, more to come soon." WHAT?? NO!! Maybe it is the publisher's fault. I hate that SD is paying the price for the delay but the fact is that EWY is not as good as the first two. It just isn't.

Paris        (kerbytejas) Tammy wrote: "Paris

not necessarily a true statement...I will read book 4 most likely but it will not have the same importance that book 3 had for me (excitement that went to disappointment after readin..."

EWY is definitely NOT as good as the first two books and that more then anything is why the series has dropped in importance with me - not because of the tricky extension of the story line (with a good book/series that could have been positive) - but because I felt SD did not give as much of herself in the quality of writing this book, or in giving us a plot line that is worthy of following - so if she does not care why should I!

Brenda Michelle wrote: "Loved the book, loving the series and am very excited about 4 and 5. So much left unanswered that to try and cram it all in would of ruined the book. I was a bit put out that had to wait 8months f..."

I agree with you. I am actually looking forward to more. Why should she stop writing about characters we love to invent new ones? What difference does it make if we get an all knew series or if we continue with those we all love? I'd rather have a background I'm already familiar with. Gives us more story.

Brenda Nancy wrote: "Thank you for the explanation. I will wait, however long it takes because I love the Crossfire series! Gideon and Eva's story is just that good! This last book unfolded well, wonderful descriptio..."

I will wait, as we have to don't we? But, considering I'm still waiting for Anything He Wants Castaways #3 for a couple of months now I don't hold anything against an author who is writing complete novels and not novellas. As an author I know it can be difficult to write one page when you don't know where your characters need to go to please the readers. The first couple of books are to please yourself, after that it is to please the audience. Give Sylvia a break and stop bashing her. She is a great, terrific author. 2 books or 15, she can only give us what we are asking of her.

Brenda Just to prove how little an author has to do with pricing. Penguin books is offering a book titled "My Life Next Door" Kindle edition is 9.99 (I repeat this is generally what Penguin offers books at) BUT the paperback is 8.99. Someone want to tell me why the electronic issue should cost more than the paperback when any person with a brain knows it costs more to put paper books out than ereading versions. The author isn't going to go along with this. It kills their sales. Or injures them at least. I won't buy the book until they line up the costs.

Heather Ellis Glad to know you are negotiating the release dates.....Can't wait until the next two. LOVED the story and waiting (impatiently)for the next two because they are so good!

Slavena Brenda wrote: "Just to prove how little an author has to do with pricing. Penguin books is offering a book titled "My Life Next Door" Kindle edition is 9.99 (I repeat this is generally what Penguin offers books..."

EWY came as a $6 special a few days ago on Audible.com. It is back to $9.60 now but that is still lower than the e-book, and audio books are more difficult to produce as well. I think Audible made a smart move because the pre-order was over $13 but after the bad reviews hit Amazon they immediately discounted it. I own both ebook and audio book for the first two but refuse to support the author by buying the 3rd audio book,I returned the ebook quickly. There are a few books I read under $1.99 that are worth 10 times more than EWY, bottom line is that the book is bad regardless of it being trilogy or not.

message 38: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Nolan THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK .CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK.

Kelly I am looking forward to reading the next book. Entwined with you left me high and dry!!

Arlene Mcintosh I know I will read the next book because I need to see this to the end with Gideon and Eva but there comes a time when you just need to end the books even though you may love the characters you do eventually get bored of the same drama. I wanted to be left wanting more with this book and I honestly thought Sylvia could have finished it up with this one.

Britt This has been by far my favorite series and I cannot wait for the next 2 books! I was very happy at the end of Entwined With You to see that it was not yet over! It was a very long wait, but I was not disappointed!

Jessica Morales That is so awesome that you posted here to let us know where you stand on the books. I absolutely hate being in love with a series of books and waiting forever to find "any" information out. You are one of my favorite authors Sylvia! Total loyal fan to the Gideon and Eva series. I was completely bummed when this book was pushed back to June from it's original release date but hey, patience is a virtue. Although this book was less drama than book 2 I absolutely loved it. It was nice to just feel the solidness of their relationship. I can't wait for the next 2 books regardless of when the release dates are I will have it on my calendar and pre-ordered!

message 43: by Kelle (new) - rated it 1 star

Kelle I think it's all BS. Why did she wait until after the book came out to tell us that? This IS all about money and trying to continue the series.

message 44: by Bev (last edited Jun 20, 2013 09:48AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Bev Kelle wrote: "I think it's all BS. Why did she wait until after the book came out to tell us that? This IS all about money and trying to continue the series."

Totally agree. The third book was a total waste of time and a rip off, the story could so have been done with then. No plot, no story and if she told him she loved him once more I seriously would have thrown my Kindle! Blech

Paris        (kerbytejas) Bev wrote: "Kelle wrote: "I think it's all BS. Why did she wait until after the book came out to tell us that? This IS all about money and trying to continue the series."

Totally agree. The third book was a ..."

AGREED!!!!!

message 46: by Kelle (new) - rated it 1 star

Kelle She knew what she was doing all along. It changed from 'trilogy' to 'novel', so that shows this was all part of her plan. She left us hanging in the book and then put up a message on Facebook. Come one, give me a break! I don't know how many times I screamed and had to walk away while reading this book. The sex scenes were redundant and i wanted it to get better. How many times could she say he was big and she was tight?

I will NOT be buying the next to books. Someone can tell me how it ends.

message 47: by Bev (last edited Jun 22, 2013 02:51AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Bev Kelle wrote: "
I will NOT be buying the next to books. Someone can tell me how it ends. ."

It's turned into such a farcical crock I don't really care how it ends lol

message 48: by Lisa (new) - rated it 1 star

Lisa I took screen shot of some of these comments and some from amazon and emailed them to her.....I asked her if she was listening to her readers. It a long, snarky repy....basically nope she could care less. Ok. Well I won't be reading any more of her books. DONE!!

Leonie Sylvia Day to announce title of book 4 in the next few days!!! Cant wait , but hope we dont have to wait another 6 mths

Paris        (kerbytejas) Kelle wrote: "She knew what she was doing all along. It changed from 'trilogy' to 'novel', so that shows this was all part of her plan. She left us hanging in the book and then put up a message on Facebook. Come..."

just ait a few years and you can watch it on Starz....i fell let down byt this who thing and disappointed the the poor book quality - story wise that is - this series has moved to the whenever category for me

« previous 1 3