Indie Book Club discussion

Book of the Month Fantasy > Nominate fantasy books for July 2013

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
Rules are as follows:

1. Books must be available in ebook format or author willing to provide a digital copy to anyone who wants to participate.

2. Books must be available through at least one major retailer (Amazon, B&N, or Smashwords) or author is willing to provide a copy to anyone who wants to participate.

3. Self nominations are welcome, provided you have at least 10 non self promotion posts in the club.

4. All books must receive a second to be included in the poll.

message 2: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments I nominate The Dreamweaver's Journey
YA fantasy.

message 3: by Thaddeus (new)

Thaddeus White | 631 comments Mod
I second Alexandra's nomination, and also nominate Journey to Altmortis.

message 4: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments I will second that one:)

message 5: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Anyone else?

message 6: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments If you want a bit more challenge I can nominate another one :)

message 7: by Lana (new)

Lana Axe (lana_axe) | 45 comments I have a newbie question. Do we only nominate books by authors who are members of this group? Thanks!

message 8: by A.L. (last edited Jun 15, 2013 02:05AM) (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments No, you can nominate any fantasy book - so long as it hasn't been read and is an indie book. If you are an author you can nominate your own, so long as you have 10 non promo posts.

message 9: by Daniel (new)

Daniel J. Weber (digerbop) | 80 comments Out of the two already mentioned I would prefer "Journey to Altmortis" as it is DRM-free. Can I nominate Blood of the King? I've never nominated anything before, so I don't know if this is a legitimate nomination or not.

message 10: by Lana (new)

Lana Axe (lana_axe) | 45 comments I'll second Blood of the King.

message 11: by L'Poni (last edited Jun 18, 2013 11:20AM) (new)

L'Poni (lponi) | 27 comments One last time.... Dragons and Cicadas: The Society On Da Run. If everyone is afraid of this book, I will say only the first 400 pages matter. Nothing more, nothing less. Gooday, everypony~!

message 12: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments I will second that one.

message 13: by L'Poni (new)

L'Poni (lponi) | 27 comments Although they've already been seconded, I will second all the three books listed above :)

message 14: by L'Poni (new)

L'Poni (lponi) | 27 comments Alexandra wrote: "I will second that one."

Thank you~! :D

message 15: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Lol.
No worries. Was going to nominate my second but as I was BOM a couple of months back don't want to be greedy:)

message 16: by Daniel (new)

Daniel J. Weber (digerbop) | 80 comments L'Poni wrote: "If everyone is afraid of this book, I will say only the first 400 pages matter"

Why is the book longer than 400 pages, if only the first 400 pages matter?

message 17: by L'Poni (new)

L'Poni (lponi) | 27 comments Daniel J. wrote: "L'Poni wrote: "If everyone is afraid of this book, I will say only the first 400 pages matter"

Why is the book longer than 400 pages, if only the first 400 pages matter?"

Its a short story collection that I update monthly, and I thought if I said "the first 400 pages matter" I think more people will take interest in choosing it for book of the month because I think the page count is keeping it from being chosen.

message 18: by Daniel (new)

Daniel J. Weber (digerbop) | 80 comments L'Poni wrote: "Its a short story collection that I update monthly, and I thought if I said "the first 400 pages matter" I think more people will take interest in choosing it for book of the month because I think the page count is keeping it from being chosen. "

I see. Makes some sense.

message 19: by D.S. (new)

D.S. England (DsEngland) | 11 comments I'd like to shamelessly nominate my own book, Mirian Mirian

message 20: by Faith Lehaine (new)

Faith Lehaine | 2 comments D. wrote: "I'd like to shamelessly nominate my own book, Mirian Mirian"
I'll second that nomination :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Good morning happy group!

I wanted to let the group know that The Dreamweaver's Journey will be on Kindle Promotion July 4th and 5th. I like to share free books through Kindle Select and try to do so regularly.

I am honored that my little story was nominated for the poll again, and even if I'm not selected, I hope you'll snag a copy of the story while it's free for the downloading. :)

For anyone celebrating the 4th of July, have a great holiday weekend!

message 22: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments I notice there are 3 books with the same amount of votes... what happens then?

message 23: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Another poll will be made for tie breaking purposes. I'll have to do it after work or another moderator is welcome to do it. I'd say 2 days in length

message 24: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Ok cool

message 25: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Tie breaker poll is up.