Malaysian Reads discussion

Discussion on Books > Books that make you cry

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) What was the last book you read that made you cry?

message 2: by Rinie (new)

Rinie Ibrahim | 4 comments i've read "this charming man" and "is there anybody out there" both by marian keyes, well i basically cried with both books. you really feel like its you in the book and you can actually felt the emotions thru her writing, i never knew i can cry by reading ( i thought only watching the tv u can feel the emotions),she really captured the emotions and the sad part and u just cant help but feel emotional too.. :)

message 3: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) Thanks for ur share Rini....I will put it on my list for my next reading

message 4: by Rinie (new)

Rinie Ibrahim | 4 comments no problem. :)

message 5: by Rinie (new)

Rinie Ibrahim | 4 comments owh btw i just found out that anybody out there is a series, so you can start it by the list below :

1.Watermelon - Clare
2.Rachel's Holiday - Rachel
3.Anybody Out There - Anna
I think this is the right order.

and i think i shud start with the first 2. haha...
but you can just read them separately cos its more on the individual characters, that link togeteher cos the 3 of them are sisters. :) hope that helps

message 6: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) Erm....may I know who's the author? The same author Marian Keyes?

message 7: by Rinie (new)

Rinie Ibrahim | 4 comments yeap all from marian keyes

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Shahruddin (ShaHannah) | 7 comments I don't usually read books that involves crying but I do have a few... p/s I love you, the time traveler's wife, thirteen reason why and harry potter (the part that reveals the truth about Snape) =). They all involve dead or dying people.

message 9: by Zahidah (new)

Zahidah Rosli (zahidahrosli) | 9 comments U should try read 'I Miss Mummy' by Cathy Glass. or any other books by her. Definitely one of the most heartbreaking true story I'd ever read :')

message 10: by Nurul (new)

Nurul (atie_oon) | 5 comments Flowers in the attic by V.C. Andrews
a very heart wrenching story. it is about 4 siblings being held in the attic by their own mother. i could not stop myself form crying when the big brother acted like their deceased father to sooth his younger siblings. then, the betrayal when they knew their mother actually lied to them about the cause which put them in the room.

message 11: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) Hi Nurul,
Izzit almost the same like Room by Emma Donoghue? Been locked for years?

message 12: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) Hi Zahidah,

I read a book by Cathy Glass before. I didn't cry at all just felt pity for them and it's true that those bad things do really happened to those unlucky kids. God Bless them

message 13: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) Hi Hannah,

May I know who is the author of Thirteen Reason Why that suggested by you?

message 14: by Nurul (new)

Nurul (atie_oon) | 5 comments i hv never read Room by Emma Donoghue, so i am not sure but i think it almost the same. kids trying to figure out the changes happened to their body and emotion as they grow up without adult supervision.

message 15: by Storm (new)

Storm Chase Slightly Dangerous by Balogh. Man that books needs editing!

But if you're looking for a good book, I'd recommend The Bone People by Keri Hulme.

message 16: by Sashi (new)

Sashi  | 2 comments Whenever I read books by nicholas sparks........ I will be ended up crying.... the storyline is impressive and heartbreaking.... I will recommend his book Safe Haven and Walk to Remember.

message 17: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) Hi Miz,

Yeah, I almost bought all books by Nicholas Sparks and currently reading A Walk To Remember :)

message 18: by Aina (new)

Aina | 34 comments I don't quite remember what book I read last that made me cry but here's a few books that I have no doubt made me sad or cry:
Anne Frank: Diary of a young girl
All Fall Down by Sally Nicholls
My sister's keeper by Jodi Picoult - not sure if this made me burst in tears, but I know this is one sad story I would not forget.
I think only fans of this series will agree with me on this one:
Assassin's Creed Secret Crusader by Oliver Bowden.

message 19: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) Thanks Aina.

The Sister's keeper really shocked me and make me sad. And thanks for your sharing

message 20: by Sashi (new)

Sashi  | 2 comments a walk to remember is also sad ending... i cry while reading... let me know what you think about it

message 21: by Sherryl (new)

Sherryl (salian) | 19 comments I have learned never to read Jodi Picoult books when in a public area in case of any unexpected waterworks.

message 22: by Aisha Reads (new)

Aisha Reads | 1 comments I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green in one sitting and cried through it...

message 23: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) Thanks Sherryl and Aisha....

*thanks for ur share. I have complete collection of Jodi Picoult and John Green.

*Have you heard that 'The Fault in our star' movie will be coming out in 2014?

message 24: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) both lead actress/actor in the movie The Fault IN Our Stars are the one starring in the upcoming movie Divergent 2014.

message 25: by Alison (new)

Alison (suicidemunchkin) | 21 comments The Fault in our Stars - John Green...

message 26: by Fudzla Busyra (new)

Fudzla Busyra (fudzla) | 1 comments the book thief T-T

message 27: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) Fudzla.....I got the book but still haven't read it. Movie is out in 2014

message 28: by Cindy C (new)

Cindy C (fuwafuwachoo) These are the books that made me cried

1.My Sister's Keeper- Jodi Picoult (70% sad)
2.The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini (95% sad)
3. For One More Day -Mitch Albom (80% sad)
4.Wonder -R.J.Palacio (100% sad ,cried nonstop and a meaningful book)