J Ellington Ashton Press discussion

Releases

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catt (last edited Jun 05, 2013 01:32AM) (new)

Catt Dahman | 11 comments Mod
We are about to release a whole slew of great books. We will have Jode Unforgiven by Scotty Schrier, Spores from Ian Woodhead, and Mace of the Apocalypse by Daniel WIlliams. Three horror novels to scare you big time! ALso, we shall release Susan Simone's fantasy novel, some erotica by various authors, and there will be something to please every reader! Stay tuned....

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith Milstead (Psychman1957) | 14 comments This sounds like a helluva line-up. I predict all the books will become popular immediately. How do I know this...they accepted me as an author!

message 3: by Scotty (new)

Scotty Schrier (bleedingsweat) Keith wrote: "This sounds like a helluva line-up. I predict all the books will become popular immediately. How do I know this...they accepted me as an author!"

Says the guy who is choking Joe Hill in his profile picture. :D I cannot wait to see what happens with this group of folks JEA has gathered together. Would you say we are rag-tag or scrappy?

message 4: by Keith (new)

Keith Milstead (Psychman1957) | 14 comments I would say a freaky amalgamation.

message 5: by Catt (new)

I would say we are a force to be reckoned with....good luck world!

message 6: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Williams (Daniel_Williams) | 4 comments I agree. Great group, excellent communication.

message 7: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Spears (rjspears) | 7 comments The line-up looks formidable. I can't wait.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Lunsford (mrsstephanie81) I say we're the dysfunctional family everyone dreams of being a part of!!! hehe

message 9: by Keith (new)

Keith Milstead (Psychman1957) | 14 comments But one's with weapons and a real blood lust. Last time I tried to write a book, I killed all my characters by the 3rd chapter. Blood lust, right?

message 10: by Jamal (new)

Jamal | 8 comments Damn Keith by chapter 3?!

message 11: by Keith (new)

Keith Milstead (Psychman1957) | 14 comments Oh yeah. 3555 words, 66,445 more to go.

message 12: by Catt (new)

Phooyey...go to 50K and call it done...long books are over rated Keith....lol

message 13: by Jamal (new)

Jamal | 8 comments See I'm confused I keep being told that a full length novel is 100, 000 plus words. I have two projects I can wrap up then!

message 14: by Keith (new)

Keith Milstead (Psychman1957) | 14 comments The question is, can I get all I want to be said said in 50K.

message 15: by Keith (new)

Keith Milstead (Psychman1957) | 14 comments @Jamal Yep those were the bad all days.

message 16: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Spears (rjspears) | 7 comments @Jamal: I can't speak as anywhere near being an authority on this, but a here's a good article discussing word counts of novels across many genres:
http://theswivet.blogspot.com/2008/03...

One thing I've read lately (and this applies to indie authors more so) is that shorter is better. Something even 60K-70K works for several reasons. First, some readers are put off by long tomes. Second, if there's a way for you to get 2 works done in the time it takes you to do one, then you're better off spreading the wealth of your time.

message 17: by Jamal (new)

Jamal | 8 comments Well then if that's the case gentlemen I have written two novel length stories! You made my day!

message 18: by Mark (last edited Jul 20, 2013 07:27PM) (new)

Mark McLaughlin (mark_mclaughlin) | 1 comments Keith is a great guy so I hope J. Ellington Press makes him and his book wildly popular! :-)

message 19: by Keith (last edited Jul 20, 2013 08:35PM) (new)

Keith Milstead (Psychman1957) | 14 comments Well thankee sai good buddy.

message 20: by Catt (new)

http://www.amazon.com/Titanic-QED-ebo...

My Titanic meet lovecraftian creatures and a megalodon

message 21: by Edward (new)

Edward Cardillo (edwardpcardillo) | 3 comments If you like creepy story-telling with twists, like Tales From The Crypt or The Twilight Zone, definitely check out The Odd Tales of an Old Man (J Ellington Ashton Press): http://www.amazon.com/The-Odd-Tales-O...

message 22: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Angel (ucat42) | 1 comments Lots of new releases, including mine! Very excited to be a part of this 'family'.