Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Trying to get a book removed on my author page

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Elliot (stephanieelliot) | 5 comments A friend of mine added what she thought was going to be a new book of mine but I need it removed from my page. I thought I sent the librarian a request but it's still there. How can I get this book which is the wrong title removed from my author page?? It is here if any librarians can help with this issue: http://www.goodreads.com/author/dashb... The book that doesn't exist is called BEFORE THE BEGINNING and there are two 'copies' in good reads. Thank you for helping if anyone can! It's frustrating.

message 2: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments I deleted one of the them, it doesn't had any adds or anything.
When will this book be release? All the info, including title can be changed to reflect the changes you do to the book.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 2 comments I have a similar issue. I am listed as author of a book I've never heard of.

Can someone please remove it from my author dashboard?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

message 4: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 4842 comments #3 done

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Elliot (stephanieelliot) | 5 comments Catalina wrote: "I deleted one of the them, it doesn't had any adds or anything.
When will this book be release? All the info, including title can be changed to reflect the changes you do to the book."

Catalina wrote: "I deleted one of the them, it doesn't had any adds or anything.
When will this book be release? All the info, including title can be changed to reflect the changes you do to the book."

Catalina, thank you -- are you able to delete the other one too? This book is not going to exist at all. I will not be publishing a book title BEFORE THE BEGINNING. Thank you so much for helping me out!

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 40996 comments Mod
Stephanie, was the book ever for sale, or available as a free publication? I notice one user has rated it.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Elliot (stephanieelliot) | 5 comments No it wasn't for sale or a free publication-- it is going to be though but after a big revise and a very different name I'm going to publish it soon but I'd rather remove this and start over. Logan put it up there because she read it and thought it would be a favor to me.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

If the book is still going to be published, we don't remove it. We will change the title once you have the new one, though, since the change is going to be pre-publication.

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Elliot (stephanieelliot) | 5 comments OK -- I am able to change the title myself then, right?

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Good point. Yes, you are. Just be sure to note in the "change comment" box that it's a pre-pub change, so no one changes it back later.

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Elliot (stephanieelliot) | 5 comments OK, thank you for your help!

message 12: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 2 comments Thank you!

Koenraad wrote: "#3 done"

message 13: by Meg (new)

Meg Christian | 2 comments I have the same problem as Kelly. There is a book listed on my author page (I Know You Know) that I've not written. I have the same name as this author though. How do I get rid of it on my page?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

message 14: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3379 comments fixed 13

message 15: by Meg (new)

Meg Christian | 2 comments Thank you!