Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Book Discussion & Recommendation > Co-writing Vaginal Fantasy books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Reading "The Fire Lord's Lover" (no spoilers), and realized I don't think I've seen a VF-type book with two main authors. Do writers ever do this, and do you think it could be done well?

It's interesting: I have a good eye for mechanics (world-building, plot), but no ability to write dialogue. That seems like the kind of division of labor that could work well in constructing a book of the VF genre.

message 2: by Leo (new)

Leo (anaverageasian) | 30 comments I've seen quite a few books with two authors while browsing the romance section at b&n. the problem is that section is a mess of victorian/highlander/alien/vampire/dragon/spy/detective/cowboy/millionaire/ninjaturtle/ghost romances so I'm not sure which had two authors.

message 3: by Serendi (new)

Serendi Ilona Andrews is actually the husband-and-wife team of Ilona and Andrew Gordon.

P.C. and Kristin Cast are mother and daughter.

C. T. (also known as Cat) Adams and Cathy Clamp also co-write; I think they're a couple of friends from Texas.

Those are all I can think of offhand.... No idea how they divide up the writing.

message 4: by Mirandia (new)

Mirandia Berthold (mrsbert) | 54 comments I agree, I have noticed a few books before that have two authors and I have wondered how that works. That might be a great collaboration or horrible clashing of ideas and creativity!

message 5: by Eliste (new)

Eliste | 111 comments I have to say, I think the practicalities of "co-writing" a sex scene would be enough that I just.... Couldn't. I'd be way too embarrassed. Unless the other author was my lover. Then we could figure out ways for our characters to get out of situations. Otherwise I think it would be just too embarrassing.

message 6: by Eddie (last edited Jun 06, 2013 01:00PM) (new)

Eddie (eddielouise) | 117 comments The best VF books of all-time that are co-written IMHO are the Angelique books by SergeAnne Golon. They are a husband and wife team that wrote these steamy romance books that are oh so very French! I heard rumor that a new printing was coming out under Anne's name only. Maybe there was a divorce?!?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Serendi wrote: "Ilona Andrews is actually the husband-and-wife team of Ilona and Andrew Gordon.

P.C. and Kristin Cast are mother and daughter.

C. T. (also known as Cat) Adams and Cathy Clamp also co-write; I t..."

Spouses or lovers could be fun. Mother and daughter - wow, props to them.

Co-writing with a really good friend could be AWESOME. Not a traditional romance book, but a VFan book with adventures and exotic locales and maybe some swashbuckling.

@Eliste: With you - co-writing sex scenes... very awkward. Three ideas: 1. Writing with a friend who has a different and/or incompatible sexual orientation (probably make the scenes better, too), 2. A two-heroine or two-hero book, with each of you writing the sex scenes for one, or 3. A couple of drinks before you start.