The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) The Son of Neptune discussion

Percy Jackson's Fate Question

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

BubblesTheMonkey I have so far read all of the books in the Heroes of Olympus Series but I was rereading The Son of Neptune and I was wondering, what is/was the decision Percy wouldn't be able to make? They talk about it on page 364. Mars says, "And someday soon, he's [Percy] going to face a sacrifice he can't make." What is he referring to? Is it in the end of The Son of Neptune or in The Mark of Athena?

Lexie215 Ummmm probably in the house of hades.... His (mars) point is that percy cares about his friend to much and the prophecy talks about making a promise and having to keep it and they might die doing that.....

BubblesTheMonkey I was just thinking... since the Doors of Death have to be sealed from both sides and Percy and Annabeth are in Tartarus, I think Percy will have to let Annabeth go, meaning she'll have to stay on the side of Tartarus. And, since Mars stated that Percy would need Frank's help in the decision, it would make sense because Frank has a strong sense of duty and will be able to stop Percy from doing anything stupid to save Annabeth. It seems far-fetched but it *is* supposed to be Percy's hardest sacrifice.

Emily Ann NOOOOOOOO!

that would be so...well it would be dramatically cool but still .... no

Lexie215 I think it'll be NICO!!!!

Julia I don't think Percy could sacrifice anybody but himself. The hardest decision would be Anabeth, but with his history with Nico that's a good theory too.

When I first read this question I was thinking it might refer to the end of Mark of Athena. But that doesn't fit because that decision came pretty easily to him and I don't think Frank had anything to do with it.

I guess we'll find out :) I can't wait for House of Hades next week!

Laurel It's possible we might not even know in this next book. Percy's sacrifice he can't make might only turn up in book five.

Ariel BubblesTheMonkey wrote: "I was just thinking... since the Doors of Death have to be sealed from both sides and Percy and Annabeth are in Tartarus, I think Percy will have to let Annabeth go, meaning she'll have to stay on ..."

THOUGHT! I was just reading this and had a crazy thought!!! What if the sacrifice Percy has to make is Frank?? What if Frank has to use his fire or something to close the doors and what if Hazel then dies because she's not really supposed to be alive…??????? Percy and Annabeth make it out okay, but Frank and Hazel don't, which means Percy has to sacrifice his brother and Hazel both his new friends- AHHH! Crazy thought! I could be totally wrong but I just had to get it out there. I really hope I'm wrong!!! *starts to hyperventilate*