Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Archives > Poll Results for the August Books of the Month

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Jun 23, 2013 11:50AM) (new)

Diane | 12805 comments The recent poll winners are:

Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie by Salman Rushdie
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides by Jeffrey Eugenides

You can view the results of the polls here:
http://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/52...

or

by following the "polls"link on the menu at the right hand side of the page.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 662 comments I can't believe my nomination Midnight's Children won. I am so excited. I bought an old copy from Goodwill that has writing in it. This will be my first really used not greatest condition book I have bought. I look forward to it.

message 3: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 12805 comments Sarah wrote: "I can't believe my nomination Midnight's Children won. I am so excited. I bought an old copy from Goodwill that has writing in it. This will be my first really used not greatest condition book I ha..."

It won by a considerable margin, too. I look forward to reading it.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 662 comments And then a movie came out this year too

message 5: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 12805 comments Sarah wrote: "And then a movie came out this year too"

Oh, wow. It seems like I have read lately have been made into movies. I rented the movie version of The Silver Linings Playbook from Red Box. I hope to watch it tomorrow.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 662 comments I watched it after we read read the book. They definitely changed the characters personalities but it was a cute movie.

message 7: by Ellinor (last edited Jun 23, 2013 11:44PM) (new)

Ellinor (1001andmore) | 774 comments Great choices! I've read Midnight's Children and I loved it, and The Virgin Suicides is on top of my TBR list.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 109 comments I'm looking forward to reading both of these books!

message 9: by Tia (new)

Tia (mrsnovelista) Ohh nice , so looking forward to this , these are the first monthly reading selections I will get to read and what great books !

message 10: by Anoop (new)

Anoop Pai B (anooppai) | 8 comments Midnights children is a wonderful book!!

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) So do we read both simultaneously or pick one? I'm new.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) I read midnight's children 2 year ago, loved it. I look forward to discussing it.

message 13: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 12805 comments Lisa wrote: "So do we read both simultaneously or pick one? I'm new."

The group will be reading both simultaneously. You can read whichever book or books you choose.