The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

BOOK SUGGESTIONS?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebekah (new) - added it

Rebekah Preferably young adult/teen fiction
Maybe fantasy or realistic fiction any genre as long as it is young adult fiction,some adult fictions are okay,just not adult mystery or nonfiction lol thanks.

message 2: by JO (new) - rated it 5 stars

JO the book theif, flipped,

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ Divergent by Veronica Roth, it's my favourite book!

My second favourite series is The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. The first book is City of Bones.

Also the Darkest Powers Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong.

Lindsey I liked the Host a lot, I have heard not that many good things about the Mortal Instruments but I haven't read it myself so I wouldn't know.

I have also read Eragon but I would only recommend the first book.

If you really want a good series, I suggest A Song of Ice and Fire though it's an adult fantasy.

Jason "Flight" and "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian"- They are both written by Sherman Alexie

Megan I second the Darkest Powers Trilogy. Love that one.

I also recommend My Wolf's Bane by Veronica Blade. It's about a girl that suddenly finds herself super strong with super senses. Then she meets a new kid at school that appears to hate her, but is always there to save the day. It's a really good story :)

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout is the first in a series about a different type of supernatural that's not very common among young adult books right now.

Bound by C.K. Bryant is another fun read. I liked it a lot.

Let me know if you want to know about anymore. These are just the books I'm thinking of off the to of my head. There's many more I can find on my read shelf :)

Jiaxin As mentioned above Flipped, The Host(better than the movie) and The Mortal Instruments are quite good.

For fantasy/magic with a bit of romance hex hall or poison study

Dystopia type Partials or Breathe
They are all young-adult fiction.

Nikki Divergent by Veronica Roth (everyone compares it to The Hunger Games but it really is very different and a good book)
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (one of my favorite series. keep in mind that the 1st book City of Bones is the worst)
Legend by Marie Lu (another dystopian novel)
The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner (this is a really good book and it's not well known so you should read it)

Allie Hilton I recommend the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series plus the second series that is a continuation-the Heroes of Olympus series. They're by Rick Riordan. They are mostly adventure with some fantasy, but he weaves romance and a bit of mystery in with all the Greek and Roman mythology.It's awesome!

Natasha Anew by Chelsea Fine. The series is amazing.

message 13: by Robin (new) - rated it 1 star

Robin I'm with Allie on the Rick Riordan books they are great.
Fablehaven series, Candy Wars, the Beyonders series by Brandon Mull.
Septumas Heap series by Angie Sage.
The Tapistry series by Henry Neff
My Blood Approves series by Amanda Hocking
Levin Thump series by Obert Skye

message 14: by ☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ (last edited Jun 14, 2013 11:36AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ I've already answered, but here's some more:

I second Legend by Marie Lu

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

The Angel Experiment by James Patterson (I just finished the third book, it is amazing)

Nevermore by Kelley Creagh

The Rules by Stacey Kade

Undeadly by Michele Vail

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Immortal City by Scott Speer

And of course I third Rick Riordan's books.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I started The Ruins of Gorlan series. Very pleased so far.

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 17, 2013 09:15AM) (new)

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green
Paper Towns by John Green
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Virals by Kathy Reichs
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys
Golden by Jessi Kirby
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Lord of the Rings (all of them) by J.R.R. Tolkien
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

message 18: by Wolfiegirl (new) - added it

Wolfiegirl Fallen, Torment, Passion,Fallenin love, Unearthly, Hallowed, Lost scene, Radiant, Boundless, The Goddes test, The Goddess Hunt, Goddess Interrupted, The Goddess Legacy, The Goddess Inheritance, The Goddess Queen, The Lovestruck Goddess, Goddess of the underworld, God of Theives, God of Darkness, Sweet Venom, Sweet Shadows, Sweet Legacy, Intertwined, Unravled, Twisted, Strange Angels, Betrayals, Jealousy, Defiance, Reckoning, Raised by Wolves, Trial by fire, Taken by Storm, Hex Hall, Demonglass, Spell Bound, Matched, Crossed, Reached, Turned at dark, Born at Midnight, Awake at Dawn, Taken by Dawn, Whispers at Moonrise, Saved at Sunrise, Chosen at Nightfall, Elemental, Storm, Fearless, Spark, Breathless, Spirit, Secret, Firelight, Vanish, Hidden, Breathless, Touch, Untouched, Toxic, Faceless, Tremble, Haven, Mirage, Eternal, Deadly little Secret, Deadly little Lies, Deadly little Games, Deadly Little Voices, Deadly little Lessons, Shattered Souls, Fragile Spirits, All I want for Christmas, Retro Demonology, Forsaken, Forbidden, Forgiven, Fortold, Meridian, Wildcat Fireflies, Speed of Light, Counting Tens, Inescapable, Intuition, Indebated, Incendiary, Iniquity, Spider's Bargain, Spider's Bite, Web of Death, Web of Lies, Web of Deceit, Poison, Wasted, Venom, Tangled Dreams, Tangled Schemes, Tangled Threads, Spider's Nemesis, Spider's Revenge, Thread of Death, By a Thread, Widow's Web, Deadly Sting, Shiver, Linger, Forever, Goddess of the sea, Goddess of spring, Goddes of Light, Goddess of the Rose, Goddess of Love, Warrior Rising, Goddess of Legend, Cry Wolf, Hunting Ground, Fair Game, Forgive my Fins, Fins are Forever, Just for Fins, Ali's pretty little lies, Pretty little liars, Flawless, Perfect, Unbelievable, Pretty little Secrets, Wicked, Killer, Heartless, Wanted, Twisted, Ruthless, Stunning, Burned, Crushed, Deadly, Rush, Push, Crash, One, Two, Winter Queen, Summer Queen, Daughter of Winter, Dead is the new black, Dead is a state of mind, Dead is so last year, Dead is just a rumor, Dead is not an option, Dead is a Battlefield, Dead is a killer, Dead is just a dream, Kiss me deadly, Hush(,)hush, Cresendo, Silence, Finale, Abandon, Underworld, Awaken, My soul to lose, My soul to take, My soul to save, My soul to keep, Reaper, My soul to steal, A day in the afterlife of Tod, If I die, Never to sleep, Before I wake, With all my soul, Nevermore, Enshadowed, Airhead, Being Nikki, Runaway, Conspiracy in Kiev, Midnight in Madrid, Countdown in Cairo, The Prince, The Selection, The Elite, The One, Legacy Lost, Of Poseidon, Of Triton, Of Neptune, September girls, Everneath, Never fall, Everbound, Evertrue, Wither, The Seeds of Wither, Fever, Sever, Shatter me, Destroy me, Unravle me, Carrier of the
mark, Age of the Fifth, Crave, Covet, Consume, Beastly:Linda's Diary, Beastly, Bewitching, Born Wicked, Star Cursed, Invisibiltiy, The sweetest Dark, The Deepest night, Paranormally, Supernaturally, Endlessly, Bite Me, Try Me, Fang Me, Make Me, Forget You, Dare Me, Finding Sky, Challenging Zed, Stealing phoenix, Seeking Crystal, Impulse Control, Hush Money, Heroes 'Till Curfew, Heroes Under Siege, Switch, First Frost, Touch of Frost, Entangled, Kiss of Frost, Dark Frost, Crimson Frost, Spartan Frost, Midnight Frost, Forgotten Lyrics, Wake, Lullaby, Tidal, Elegy, Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, Tempted, Burned, Awakened, Destined, Hidden, Revealed, Redeemed, I am number four, The powers of six, The rise of Nine, The Fall of Five, The Prisoner of cell 25, Rise of the Elgen, Battle of the Ampere, Transparent, Tides, Kat, The Eternal Kiss, Hunting Kat, Kisses from Hell, Dangerous, The Summoning, Divided, The Awakening, Disenchanted, The Reckoning, Belonging, Facing Facts, Enthralled, A Shimmer of Angels, A sliver of hope, A matter of time, Glass Houses, The Dead Girl's Dance, Midnight Alley, Feast of fools, Lord of Misrule, Carpe Corpus, Fade out, Kiss of Death, Ghost Town, Bite Club, Last Breath, Black Dawn, Bitter Blood, Fall of night, Daylighters, The Iron King, The First Kiss, Winter's Passage, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, Summer's Crossing, The Iron night, An Iron Fey Valentine, Iron's Prophecy, Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, Stopping time, Stopping time part 1, Stopping time part 2, Old Habits, Fragile Eternity, Radiant Shadows, Enthralled, Darkest Mercy, Hereafter, Arise, Elegy, Boys that bite, stake that, girls that growl, bad blood, night school, blood ties, soul bound, blood forever, Firespell, Hex Bound, Charmfall, Personal Demons, Original Sin, Last rite, shadow days, night shade, wolfsbane, bloodrose, A dance with darkness, Angelfire, wings of the wicked, shadows in silence, Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, Dream dark, beautiful chaos, beautiful redemption, Clockwork angel, Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess, Dark and stormy nights, magic graves, magic bites, magic burns, Magic strikes, magic mourns, magic bleeds, magic dreams, magic slays, magic gifts, gunmetal magic, magic rises, magic breaks, The lost boy, The Iron Witch, The wood queen, the stone demon, texas Gothic, Spirit and dust, Maid of secrets, Maid of Deception, The body finder, desires of the dead, The last echo, dead silence, Sweet evil, sweet paril, sweet reckoning, eve, once, rise, Unravleing, Undone, Unbreakable,

Tatiana The Secret Circle - L.J Smith

message 20: by Rebekah (new) - added it

Rebekah Wolfiegirl wrote: "Fallen, Torment, Passion,Fallenin love, Unearthly, Hallowed, Lost scene, Radiant, Boundless, The Goddes test, The Goddess Hunt, Goddess Interrupted, The Goddess Legacy, The Goddess Inheritance, The..."
OH.MY.BOOKS THAT IS ALLOT

message 21: by Wolfiegirl (last edited Jun 19, 2013 06:47PM) (new) - added it

Wolfiegirl Yeah, I read ALOT! It took FOREVER to type!

message 22: by Rebekah (new) - added it

Rebekah LOL I printed them all out (cause that would be a heck of a time trying to go on all of them on goodreads) and there was five pages xD

message 23: by Wolfiegirl (new) - added it

Wolfiegirl Hahaha!

message 24: by Shelby (new)

Shelby I've read Captured a series of 4 books, it's a great series, I really liked it.
A Bite's Tale is a short story but still a really awesome read.
If you've read Obsidian I recommend reading Obsession it's like a spinoff series about the Arum and Elfin is by the same author also.

Aleena i really like Percy Jackson series and the inheritence cycle but the hunger games was my favourite although u could also read Fallen Angel