Yoga Folks discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (last edited Jun 04, 2013 08:05PM) (new)

Michael Hetherington | 3 comments Hello everyone,

Always glad to connect with fellow yoga enthusiasts and book addicts.

I'm a yoga teacher of almost 4 years. Trained in Hatha, Vinyasa and Oki-Do (Japenese yoga) mainly.

Now I'm living in Korea with my partner. We are teaching English in the afternoons and going to yoga classes (in Korean) in the mornings. Amazing how much we can follow without understanding the words... I will be running some yoga workshops while we are here.

I also write small books on yoga, health and well being...

Always keen to read more inspiring books relating to yoga so am keen to keep following the suggestions.. maybe not the latest suggestion though (Breathe, by Kate Bishop) bit too girly for me.. :P

And, where are all the boys at?

message 2: by Meryl (new)

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 807 comments Mod
Hi Michael:

I so love the way sites like Goodreads allow us to so easily communicate with someone on the other side of the world (I'm in the US). Korea. Wow.

I agree that Breathe is women's fiction, although some men like reading that stuff. I do try to pick unisex books as much as possible. Mermaid cafe might even be considered a man's book, because the protagonist is male.

We do have men in the group, although, like many yoga classes, it does skew heavily female.

Feel free to suggest men's books you'd be interested in reading :)

message 3: by Michael (last edited Jun 04, 2013 08:33PM) (new)

Michael Hetherington | 3 comments Thanks Meryl :)

A good book that comes to mind for anyone thinking of or who is teaching yoga is:
The Yogi Entrepreneur: A Guide to Earning a Mindful Living through Yoga by Darren Main

Lots of great info and a good section on ethics (eg. why its never a good idea to sleep with your students or your yoga teacher... )