The Gateroom discussion

Stargate Onscreen (Movies + TV) > Stargate Universe - Worth a shot?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nea (new)

Nea | 2 comments Hey. Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I am willing to do as much as I can for this.

There hasn't been any new Stargate in the form of tv series or movies, for two years.

I didn't realize it has been so long until yesterday when I started re-watching Stargate Atlantis and realized yet again how much I love all the Stargate series. Universe got a lot better as it progressed and I was really sad to see it end so soon. :/

Now it seems there's a new petition and effort to bring back Stargate Universe. If anyone liked the series, and even if you didn't.. you might want to sign the petition at least?

http://www.change.org/petitions/netfl...

Thank you and please sign.

message 2: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
Signed. Though I don't know how much impact it'd have on things given that I'm not part of the Nielsen household and the like. (not even in US....) it's really frustrating being on the outs like that, I tell ya!

Yeah, Stargate was a good franchise. Every time I watch or read something about any of the shows, I miss the SG crews and adventures.

I don't know about bringing back the show though. Ming Na is now on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and SyFy doesn't seem to be too keen on sci fi shows. And I think some of the other actors are busy with other shows as well.

There was an Atlantis movie in the works, as well as another SG1 movie, with SGU canceled, at least an SGU movie would be nice (to show the asshats at SyFy that the fan base IS there) Thing is, going back to SyFy, they don't seem to give sci-fi shows more than 5 seasons. (they'd much rather pick up another ghost hunting 'reality' tv show I guess)

I don't know why SGU wasn't well liked, scratch that, I suspect it was because it was the darker version of the other shows. Another problem is some of the fans blame SGU for Atlantis getting canceled. Personally, I blame SyFy, they haven't been overly enthusiastic about the show. I guess it was too expensive to produce or something. maybe if they were hunting ghosts.....

message 3: by Nea (new)

Nea | 2 comments Well I'm not is the US either! But I guess the thing with this petition is to get SGU on Netflix, which at least we have in my country..

I didn't like SGU at the very beginning like the first 2 or 3 episodes, poor start with all the sex, space opera and whatnot.. like it was trying too hard. It got better and soon I was really waiting for each episode. I did like the Destiny thing and a few characters a lot.

To be completely honest, I'd much rather have Atlantis back than Universe. I love SGA as much as SG-1 and would even more if Daniel Jackson had been on it. Hehe. The wraith were cool, like rock star vampires. McKay was always awesome, snarky and brilliant.

David Hewlett did sign the saving SGU petition, but would obviously prefer his show back. Yea, I think Atlantis would be a better bet, would probably get more viewers. But really I'd take ANY Stargate rather than nothing.

message 4: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
Not all countries have Netflix though. If funds are an issue here, there's always Kickstarter, I'm sure the fans will help out. but the thing is, what do the powers that be (writers, producers, etc) have to say about where, when and how they see Stargate coming back? They're the ones who're going to make it, if it's resurrected.

Has anyone been reading any of the threads & discussions on the SyFy forums about any of the shows?