Zombies! discussion

Movies and TV > Ash Williams vs. Daryl Dixon

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 294 comments The very, very cool folks at Zombie Guide Magazine have published an article I wrote. Ash Williams vs. Daryl Dixon. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.zombie-guide.com/ash-willi...

message 2: by Randy (last edited Jun 04, 2013 05:58PM) (new)

Randy Harmelink | 2112 comments The Evil Dead is NOT about a zombie apocalypse though. It's about demon possession. Those being possessed don't even have to be dead.

And a chainsaw would NOT make a good long-term weapon in a zombie apocalypse. Not only do they make too much noise, which attracts other zombies, but they are non-sustainable because they require fuel.

PS: I would say Ash Williams is more comparable to Die Hard's John McClane.

"Welcome to the party, pal!"

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 294 comments "Who is the better horror character?" I thought it would be fun to compare the two characters since Ash has been so beloved in the horror community for so long whereas Daryl has gained such a huge following in such a short amount of time.
When faced with a large group, I'd still take the chainsaw. Also, killing things with chainsaws is just awesome.

message 4: by Elizabeth, Zombies! Mod (new)

Elizabeth | 497 comments Mod
Never mind the vs. - I'm voting for a team-up. Make way for awesome.

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) | 49 comments Randy has a good point about the chainsaw. I would want a crossbow. Arrows can be reused. And a katana. Both also have the added benefit of being quiet. That doesn't mean I wouldn't also have guns. Lots of guns! :)

message 6: by Cedric (new)

Cedric Nye (cedricnye) | 86 comments The better horror character? Hmmm. I would choose Ash simply because he is a half-crazed gem that gives good entertainment.

As someone to walk the hard road with, though, I would choose Daryl Dixon.

The matter of Zompoc weaponry is whole other ball of worms. Chainsaws and crossbows are not ideal for the Zombie Apocalypse.

message 7: by Carl (new)

Carl (skeptic_rogue) | 19 comments Don't forget his boomstick!! I have to vote Ash due to his entertainment value. So many great one liners. Daryl is my favorite character on the show though.

message 8: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 294 comments Walk softly and carry a big boomstick!

I would have thought some sort of automatic rifle with a suppressor would be ideal, but I've done some research recently (I own a couple of guns, but I'm not a 'gun guy') and from what I'm seeing, suppressors aren't really as quiet as the movies make them out to be.

message 9: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 294 comments Just ran across this from The Zombie Club on FB. Guess that fixes part of the problem.

description

message 10: by Cedric (new)

Cedric Nye (cedricnye) | 86 comments Ian wrote: "Just ran across this from The Zombie Club on FB. Guess that fixes part of the problem.

"

I LOVE this picture!!

Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books) (goodreadscomhermyoni) | 274 comments Can't I choose both?? I'd definitely want both on my Survival team.

message 12: by Cedric (new)

Cedric Nye (cedricnye) | 86 comments Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books) wrote: "Can't I choose both?? I'd definitely want both on my Survival team."

I am not sure it would be possible to have them both on your team. That much awesomeness in one place could possibly rip the very fabric of the space/time continuum, thus destroying the world as we know it.

message 13: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Jenner (thomasjenner) Daryl Dixon is all you need!!!

message 14: by Gina (new)

Gina (granolagina) | 21 comments Daryl....yum!!!

message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim | 219 comments Mod
If you want the most awesome zombie fighting weapon, watch Peter Jackson's Dead Alive (Braindead for non-US markets). Nothing beats a lawnmower strapped to your chest.

message 16: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 2112 comments How about a Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=...

message 17: by Elizabeth, Zombies! Mod (new)

Elizabeth | 497 comments Mod
Yes, please.

message 18: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 294 comments Randy wrote: "How about a Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=..."

Man, Russia is awesome.

message 19: by Neil (new)

Neil | 21 comments ash all day ass kicking demon slaying legend